Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#300 : February 07, 2013, 02:18:29 PM

Flacco had a 1 great playoff stretch. But, its crazy to think how everybody somehow forgets how bad was prior till this year. He still has ways to go in terms of greatness - mr far from consistent. Flacco was straight up garbage 3 years in a row in the playoffs and then year 5 he is godsend. What a joke.

This.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#301 : February 07, 2013, 02:22:08 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct/seasontype/2/order/false

Completion percentage.....31st

3rd down conversion rate.....23rd.

Passer rating.....20th.

Garbage.

Completion percentage.... 32nd

3rd down conversion rate.... 10th

Passer rating.... 27th

These are Andrew Luck's numbers yet you praise him all the time.

Oh yea, and Flacco's completion percentage during his amazing playoff run was the SAME as Freeman's was during the regular season this year.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#302 : February 07, 2013, 02:30:29 PM

Flacco? I'd trade Freeman straight up for their back up! At least Tyrod Taylor can run.

I think you're on to something. We might just be a Tyrod Taylor and Chad Spann away from a Super Bowl appearance.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#303 : February 07, 2013, 02:38:04 PM

Flacco? I'd trade Freeman straight up for their back up! At least Tyrod Taylor can run.

I think you're on to something. We might just be a Tyrod Taylor and Chad Spann away from a Super Bowl appearance.
We would still need Harvey Unga and Mark Herzlich, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#304 : February 07, 2013, 03:19:53 PM

I think guys are just losing patience with him. Fans are hard on their QB no matter who he is. I have Pat fans who **CENSORED** about Brady and Im like **CENSORED** you guys haha. Freemans been here for 4 years and was a first rounder for us. Fans are expecting him to be able to win big games by now. I still think he needs some help to do that and I honestly never saw him as a guy who could put the team on his back and win games so my expectations werent as high. I do expect him to get better each year and I think he has gotten better this past year. Im expecting him to take another level next season. If he doesnt then we may have to find somebody new. I think fans will be dissappointed that we dont get a replacement right now but lets have some patience and hope he turns his game around this season. Its whats best for the team. It may not fit what some of you guys want but they dont care about that. They invested a 1st round pick in him and I think they will see that through. Even if you guys think you have seen enough. It aint happening!
: February 07, 2013, 03:21:54 PM BucBalla85

moose40

Hall of Famer
#305 : February 07, 2013, 03:37:07 PM

I think guys are just losing patience with him. Fans are hard on their QB no matter who he is. I have Pat fans who **CENSORED** about Brady and Im like **CENSORED** you guys haha. Freemans been here for 4 years and was a first rounder for us. Fans are expecting him to be able to win big games by now. I still think he needs some help to do that and I honestly never saw him as a guy who could put the team on his back and win games so my expectations werent as high. I do expect him to get better each year and I think he has gotten better this past year. Im expecting him to take another level next season. If he doesnt then we may have to find somebody new. I think fans will be dissappointed that we dont get a replacement right now but lets have some patience and hope he turns his game around this season. Its whats best for the team. It may not fit what some of you guys want but they dont care about that. They invested a 1st round pick in him and I think they will see that through. Even if you guys think you have seen enough. It aint happening!

the bold is a big reason for concern ....How much more help does a 1st round qb need? he has two legitimate receivers, a savvy veteran tight end. and a promising running back who may or may not be top 5 in the league for years to come. and his pass protection wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.

If Freeman was a third round pick I don't think I would be harping about him, I would think he was selected to help the team and hopefully the savior will be anointed soon. Problem is, he was supposed to be the savior, face of the franchise, and hasn't lived up to the billing. I would have said hype, but there really wasn't hype about him coming out in the draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#306 : February 07, 2013, 04:03:30 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct/seasontype/2/order/false

Passer rating.....20th.

Garbage.

Passer rating.... 27th

Oh yea, and Flacco's completion percentage during his amazing playoff run was the SAME as Freeman's was during the regular season this year.

I've never said a good or bad thing about Andrew Luck so ......what?!?! Also, congrats that your 5th year QB has similar stats as a rookie. That's awesome.

I'm not one of the guys pimping Flacco either. He's middle of the road imo, which IS better than Freeman.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#307 : February 07, 2013, 04:05:44 PM

We would still need Harvey Unga and Mark Herzlich, too.

Oh No! We would have wasted a 7th round pick and $400k to sign Herzilich as an undrafted free agent....the horror!!!

ehinote

Starter
#308 : February 07, 2013, 04:32:13 PM

Passer rating.....20th.

Garbage.

Passer rating.... 27th

I've never said a good or bad thing about Andrew Luck so ......what?!?! Also, congrats that your 5th year QB has similar stats as a rookie. That's awesome.

I'm not one of the guys pimping Flacco either. He's middle of the road imo, which IS better than Freeman.

Jdouble - You can say all the good you want about Luck, because that guy is a player.  Barring injury he will lead the Colts to numerous playoff appearances over the next 10 years. 

Also, Flacco is a much more accurate passer than Freeman.  The guy is a gamer in the big games.  Even last year he played excellent in the playoffs. 

Freeman is still the guy that has all the potential.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#309 : February 07, 2013, 04:34:09 PM

I don't disagree about Luck, but I was just denying the claim that I talk about him. I really can't recall saying anything positive or negative about that guy....ever.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#310 : February 07, 2013, 04:42:44 PM

Passer rating.....20th.

Garbage.

Passer rating.... 27th

Maybe it wasn't you, but I have seen plenty of other Freeman bashers bring up Luck. Sometimes I just lose track over who says what.

Flacco is a top 10 QB. Freeman is a middle of the road QB with the potential to be a top 10 QB.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#311 : February 07, 2013, 05:03:03 PM

Jdub is being abused left and right. all of his "picks" are busts and every jock he rides end up sucking. Its probably a good thing he doesn't like Freeman.

Aside from all of that, Freeman was the best QB in the NFL for a month and had a few absolutely terrible games at the end of the year and that's all people will bring up is the last few games. Funny how people who want to paint a picture of total suckage, they completely dismiss any accolades.

Also tired of the so and so was a 1st rounder or so and so was an undrafted FA. Players don't choose who drafts them and what round. Holding that against a players is asinine. 1st rounders can be busts, 7th rounders can be elite, and everything in between. We all know the draft is a crapshoot, yet we blame the players for not living up to where they were drafted? Just completely freaking stupid.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#312 : February 07, 2013, 05:14:30 PM

I personally don't think that individual stat means all that much when it stands alone. Each offense runs differently and there are several "experts" who argue that Flacco was asked to throw more difficult throws than any other QB in the league and had more attempts of 20+ yards than any other QB. Now, that being said, I certainly won't try to paint the picture as if Flacco's missed throws weren't as bad as Freeman's.

I am about halfway through rewatching all of Flacco's throws this season. I will say this, he is definitely not elite and has some issues with consistency. There are times that he holds onto the ball far too long, and early in the season he made several poor decisions and the DBs didn't make him pay by dropping the ball. There are definitely some WTF Freeman-type moments. Torrey Smith also helped prevent an INT or two on opportunity balls, which is something we have seen Vjax do for Freeman. On the flip side, there are some throws that Flacco makes that are absolutely brilliant. I think his deep ball is probably no better than Freeman's in terms of success rate and giving the WRs a good opportunity to go make a play, but where Flacco is miles ahead of Freeman, is on the short to intermediate throws. In almost every game that I have seen, there have been multiple throws that were just out of this world. Also, an area where Flacco is a lot better is in his escapability. I was actually quite surprised going back ad looking at that and seeing him escape. There was actually a 3rd and 15 late in the game vs. KC where he took off and got the 1st, which helped them continue the drive and run out the clock. I certainly hope Freeman brings that portion back to his game. When looking at QBs, I feel that stats are situation and a QB might not be racking up tons of yards or points if the dictation of the game isn't forcing them to. Back to the deep ball. One thing that helps Flacco on deep sideline throws is his ability to get a HUGE arch on the ball. Sometimes its too much and he undershoots his guys, but others, it allows his WRs to make a good play on the ball at its highest point. There also seemed to be a lot of PIs called against the defenders when Flacco was targeting them. This could just be a coincidence or it could be Flacco forcing a PI out of the defender with a good throw. Im not to sure. So is he elite and did the Ravens solely win because of Flacco?..of course not...is he just as inconsistent as Freeman in areas? Absolutely...but Flacco does IMO, have a better arm and this post season run might just be the beginning of him turning into a consistent week in - week out playmaking QB.

One other thing, Dennis Pitta is a beast, and was WIDE open a lot this season. He helped out Flacco exponentially.

So in conclusion, Flacco is a better QB at this point, but not by a ton. Can Freeman get to his level and win a Super Bowl? Even an inconsistent QB can get hot and anything can happen, I suppose.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#313 : February 07, 2013, 05:18:52 PM

Dennis Pitta....he was #17 on my favorite 50. Guess not all my picks are busts.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#314 : February 07, 2013, 05:24:11 PM

Each offense runs differently and there are several "experts" who argue that Flacco was asked to throw more difficult throws than any other QB in the league and had more attempts of 20+ yards than any other QB. Now, that being said, I certainly won't try to paint the picture as if Flacco's missed throws weren't as bad as Freeman's.
Freeman threw the third most passes that went at least 20 yards in the air.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman "ELITE" QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools