Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Buc Wit Me

Starter

: September 06, 2011, 05:52:26 PM

Are we redshirting James Wilder and Kelvin Benjamin?I hear Benjamin was in street clothes on sideline hadnt heard anything about JW?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 06, 2011, 09:05:25 PM

most likely. lot of depth at rb and receiver

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 08, 2011, 10:51:27 PM

those guys arent going to see the field anyway.  It would be a waste to see them burn a year of eligibility on the bench.  I hear Benjamin is really raw. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 08, 2011, 11:31:21 PM

Save 'em for the future. Build a dynasty (again)

As a Gator fan I have to respect and fear what Jimbo and FSU is doing. It's not about this year, it's about this decade.

As a FSU hater I have to say "the Noles are back" Thanksgiving Saturday is once again deeply relevant.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2011, 09:11:38 AM

We arent "back" yet. IF we beat oklahoma i will start thinking we are on the way. if we dont beat oklahoma we will have to run the table and win the orange bowl for me to get comfortable with being back

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 11, 2011, 11:56:41 AM

I watched part of FSU's game and all of UF's game Sat. and while it's hard to judge against these directional schools, I think Thanksgiving Saturday is going to be one hellava game.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 11, 2011, 12:35:12 PM

yep. i look forward to being there in november and hopefully notching a win in the swamp for the first time since 03. i was the in 09 and it was miserable losing to you guys like that

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 13, 2011, 09:26:14 PM

We arent "back" yet. IF we beat oklahoma i will start thinking we are on the way. if we dont beat oklahoma we will have to run the table and win the orange bowl for me to get comfortable with being back

Its funny, Oklahoma is a big game.  The highest profile game in Tally in a long time.  However,  if we lose it wont break us.  Yes, if we win it certainly sets the table for us but even if we lose the opportunity is still there to hit the double digit win mark,  win the ACC title and hopefully win a BCS game.  To be honest, I think Oklahoma probably beats us in a much more competitive game than last year.  But we can still have a really good year despite that. 
: September 13, 2011, 09:30:05 PM rpc1978

jandjen

Starter
#8 : September 14, 2011, 09:00:11 PM

Not sure about Benjamin but Wilder has been playing and looking pretty good.

RUSHING   Att Yds Avg TD
James Wilder   10 76 7.6 0
Chris Thompson   12 54 4.5 1
Devonta Freeman   13 39 3.0 1
Bert Reed   1 35 35.0 0
EJ Manuel   10 30 3.0 0
Jermaine Thomas   4 23 5.8 0
Ty Jones   9 22 2.4 0
Ty Jones   9 22 2.4 0
Debrale Smiley   2 3 1.5 0
Clint Trickett   3 -20 -6.7 1

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 15, 2011, 12:57:48 PM

I'm a big JW fan but he is probably the 4th or 5th string RB. I'd hate to see him burn a year of eligibility when the only time he'll probably see the field is covering kicks on st. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 16, 2011, 05:29:19 AM

FSU is on the way to being a power house again. I fully believe you can handle the Sooners. They seem to choke in big games.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 16, 2011, 08:47:00 PM

Its funny, Oklahoma is a big game.  The highest profile game in Tally in a long time.  However,  if we lose it wont break us.  Yes, if we win it certainly sets the table for us but even if we lose the opportunity is still there to hit the double digit win mark,  win the ACC title and hopefully win a BCS game.  To be honest, I think Oklahoma probably beats us in a much more competitive game than last year.  But we can still have a really good year despite that.

Yeah, you could lose to OK and run the table and be in the NC race real easy. A lot depends on your Opponents especially UF, if UF goes 10-1/9-2 and FSU beats them the  last week, boom, you are screaming for attention poll wise, because even a 2 loss UF team (given their schedule) is a top 10-15 rated team (based on having to play Bama. @LSU, @Auburn back to back to back and then @ UGa and @SCar on the road). Now if UF blows chunks and losses to Bama, LSU, and SCar and another, well that is not much help for FSU Thanksgiving weekend.

Still an 11-1 FSU who's only loss was OK could still be in the BCS mix very easily, you just have to hope OK losses 2 (or 1 very late in the season)

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 18, 2011, 10:12:48 PM

right now i doubt we will win 11 games. im worried about getting to 9. we cant run the ball, cant stop holding, and cant run block worth a damn.

we didnt get beat by oklahoma lastnight. we beat ourselves. im not saying this as a spiteful fan. im being real here. we got penalties on 3rd downs when we had them stopped where they were going to punt. we had an amazing td catch called off because of a pointless hold. we had reveivers running the wrong routes leading to a critical pick. our offensive line could not protect our qbs and let defenders run by them. we missed out on a field goal because we penaltied ourselves out of range and had to punt. you elminate even half of these mistakes and we at least go to overtime.

i was there in the stands lastnight and it was wild. you make that many mistakes and you lose a game. the way our defense played we should have won that game by 7. Oklahoma is a very good team and you cant do that kind of stuff and expect to win. there is a reason theyre number 1. we havent shown any ability to run in 3 games and its very worrisome. im even more worried about the penalties and the qb pressure

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#13 : September 24, 2011, 07:12:27 PM

FSU being a powerhosue, lmfao. Nothing has changed in Tallahassee, except the undeserved hype. This will be another season of 3-5 losses and playing in a meaningless Bowl game while Virginia Tech is in the Orange Bowl again.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : September 24, 2011, 07:52:03 PM

No. 21 Clemson opened Atlantic Coast Conference play with a 35-30 victory over No. 11 Florida State
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools