Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #30 : October 10, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »

FSU getting their asses stomped by Wake Forest. LOL at all the morons who bothered ranking this pathetic team, let alone in the top 5. Even Duke would probably bend FSU over, so much for national championship hopes! Better hope they can at least get a low end bowl game now.

Too many mistakes and too many penalties etc. etc  etc..     Perception and potential means you haven't done anything yet.

It could be worse  FSU could be Miami or Florida!  Remember they were both ranked in the Top 10 or 12 last season.   FSU still doesn't have the experience or skill of a National Contender yet. jmo
No, it really couldn't.  UF and Miami were not expected to do anything this year.  UF is breaking in an entirely new coaching staff and got killed by the 1 and 2 in the country and had to play with a true freshman QB in those games against 2 of the best defenses in the nation.  Miami is recovering from scandals and is breaking in a new coach as well.  FSU however started out #5 and all their fans were beating their chest and saying "FSU is back baby!"  Not only that, they were expecting a title.  Well, guess what?  FSU has lost 3 straight. The vaunted defense has given up 35 points in the last 2 games.  Oh and FSU lost to WAKE FOREST.  Win your lousy ACC before you talk about being "back"

Of the "big 3" in Florida, FSU has the most to be embarrassed about.  Jimbo FIsher was supposed to be the savior at FSU.  Yet I see the same undisciplined play that I saw in the waning years of Bowden's career.

FSU is still the same old 4-5 loss team that we have seen the last 7 or so years.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #31 : October 11, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

FSU getting their asses stomped by Wake Forest. LOL at all the morons who bothered ranking this pathetic team, let alone in the top 5. Even Duke would probably bend FSU over, so much for national championship hopes! Better hope they can at least get a low end bowl game now.

Too many mistakes and too many penalties etc. etc  etc..     Perception and potential means you haven't done anything yet.

It could be worse  FSU could be Miami or Florida!  Remember they were both ranked in the Top 10 or 12 last season.   FSU still doesn't have the experience or skill of a National Contender yet. jmo
No, it really couldn't.  UF and Miami were not expected to do anything this year.  UF is breaking in an entirely new coaching staff and got killed by the 1 and 2 in the country and had to play with a true freshman QB in those games against 2 of the best defenses in the nation.  Miami is recovering from scandals and is breaking in a new coach as well.  FSU however started out #5 and all their fans were beating their chest and saying "FSU is back baby!"  Not only that, they were expecting a title.  Well, guess what?  FSU has lost 3 straight. The vaunted defense has given up 35 points in the last 2 games.  Oh and FSU lost to WAKE FOREST.  Win your lousy ACC before you talk about being "back"

Of the "big 3" in Florida, FSU has the most to be embarrassed about.  Jimbo FIsher was supposed to be the savior at FSU.  Yet I see the same undisciplined play that I saw in the waning years of Bowden's career.

FSU is still the same old 4-5 loss team that we have seen the last 7 or so years.

You may be right but last season FSU 1st under Fisher was rather good.  Shouldn't Miami and UF expect the same great results with first year staffs?

Here is a current comparison of FSU UF and UM... so far this season...

FSU has the most talent but also is making the most mistakes penalties and turnovers.
As of today...

Ranking

Turnovers best to worst

1.Miami
2.Florida and FSU (both tied but UF has a bit more of an excuse due to completely new system on defense and offense.
FSU

Turnover margin ( probably a better measure since it figures both for and against

Miami 84th

Florida 94th

FSU 114th

penalties yardage

Miami 51st

Florida 109

FSU 119th

Eliminate the penalties and turnovers and go to actual performance on defense offense and special teams

Total Offense

FSU 53rd
Miami 60th
Florida 75th

Scoring offense

FSU 38th
Miami 53rd
Florida 54th

Total defense

FSU 10th
UF 11th
UM 82nd

Scoring defense

Florida 20th
FSU 30th
Miam 50th

net Punting

FSU 11th

FLorida 58th

Miami 59th

Punts ( an important statistic since it denotes too many 3 and outs Or it could also be time of possession for the opposing team should also be considered.

Florida 24

FSU 17

Miami 15

Of course NCAA statistics are always a bit suspect because there are just too many teams and too many "perceptions" ruling the equation. Remove the "perceptions" and treat them all as equal and it would appear that all (3) teams are having problems but FSU still has the greatest potential to overcome them due to I believe better overall talent. That being said as long as FSU continues to "shoot itself in the foot" talent is trumped.

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #32 : October 12, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »

Exactly my point.  FSU has the most to be embarrassed about and the fewest excuses to cover it up.  FSU has the most talent of the 3 teams in Florida right now (I think this changes once Muschamp and Weis get their recruits coming in)

FSU has been consistently doing nothing with pretty good talent for around a decade now.  Thats on coaching.  Fisher has not improved the team much IMO. I thought this year's team would be great.  Specifically the defense.  Obviously I was wrong.  This year's FSU team is already being called one of the great early season duds in college football history.  They really, really did not deserve that #5 ranking based on what they did last year.  They didn't even win the weak ACC last year.  They beat the worst Florida team in a decade that could not coach its way out of a paper bag, and they beat a south carolina team in which Lattimore was knocked out early and Garcia was out to lunch.  thats about the extent of their marquee wins last year.  If a 4 loss season in the ACC is "back" to FSU fans, then you have some very low standards.  Glad that FSU is getting a reality check this year, because their fans have been insufferable over the offseason.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #33 : October 12, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »

Exactly my point.  FSU has the most to be embarrassed about and the fewest excuses to cover it up.  FSU has the most talent of the 3 teams in Florida right now (I think this changes once Muschamp and Weis get their recruits coming in)

FSU has been consistently doing nothing with pretty good talent for around a decade now.  Thats on coaching.  Fisher has not improved the team much IMO. I thought this year's team would be great.  Specifically the defense.  Obviously I was wrong.  This year's FSU team is already being called one of the great early season duds in college football history.  They really, really did not deserve that #5 ranking based on what they did last year.  They didn't even win the weak ACC last year.  They beat the worst Florida team in a decade that could not coach its way out of a paper bag, and they beat a south carolina team in which Lattimore was knocked out early and Garcia was out to lunch.  thats about the extent of their marquee wins last year.  If a 4 loss season in the ACC is "back" to FSU fans, then you have some very low standards.  Glad that FSU is getting a reality check this year, because their fans have been insufferable over the offseason.

FSU was really overated to start the year and they are slumping now but I still believe the program is going in the right direction. I'll take double digit wins, a state title and nice win over a good SC team in Jimbo's first year.  Are we as far along as we thought?  Obviously not,  but we are better off now than we were in the waning years under Bowden.

I dont think the talent gap between FSU and UF right now is as wide as you make it out to be.  You're trying to minimize what happened last year and offer excuses for what is going on in Gainesville this year.  You act like Meyer left the cupboard bare for the incoming staff.  UF always recruited very well under Meyer.  Look it up, his classes were always in the top 5.  Hell, wasnt your class from 2 years ago called the greatest signing class of all time?  Your issues this year have more to do with news schemes and coaching staffs rather than the talent on your roster.  How could last year's UF team be the "worst in a decade" given how well you recruit each year?  UF staff "couldnt coach their way out of a paper bag?"  LOL, you UF guys are more fickle than I thought.  That staff won a ton of games and more SEC titles/national championships than your new staff ever will.  Call it how it is:  FSU bent UF over last year and the shock of it sent Meyer to the hospital and then the booth and forced you guys into a transition year(s) as you break in a new staff.  As for SC, stop spinning it.  If the SEC is the best conf in college football and SC played in the conf final last year (including upsetting top ranker BAMA along the way) what does that say about how good that program is?  Lattimore wasn't' "knocked out early."  You make it sound like he stubbed his toe in warmups.  We KNOCKED HIM OUT.  Garcia also was arguably the best QB in your conf last year besides Newton.  Again, tone down the spin cycle and worry about your own program as you guys still have another 3-4 losses this season to look forward to. 

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #34 : October 12, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »

I am forever grateful for what Meyer did here....before last year.  last year however, Meyer was on his way out and the coaching was a mess.  To add to it, Steve Addazio was running the offense into the ground game after game.  Last year's team was one of the worst coached UF teams in a long time.  They had no identity.  I just find it funny that all the FSU fans are beating their chests over beating a team that could not get out of its own way.  but hey, I guess since it was their first win over UF in 7 years, FSU fans were starved for a little success.  Still doesn't change the fact that they  had 4 losses in a weak conference.  You must have been in the sensible minority of FSU fans at the start of this season.  Because most of them were thinking championship this year.  Heck there were even anaylysts who said EJ Manuel was a Heisman candidate.

The USCe game, you can't always count on the other team's best player injuring himself, and unless you are saying FSU was trying to injure Lattimore, FSU got very lucky that he wasn't able to play most of that game.  As for Garcia, he is a total headcase, and there is no telling which Garcia will show up game to game.  You could get the one that beat Bama....or you could get the one who couldn't beat Kentucky.  Garcia was more interested in the alcohol than football, and he has already been kicked off the team.

As for UF, Going forward I am behind Muschamp 100 %.  Its his first year, and of course there are going to be some bumps in the road.  I am excited to see what his first recruiting class will do.  Hopefully we will get a big running back.  Right now all we have are scatbacks that have been nullified by the speed of Bama and LSU's defenses.  I am not going to make any excuses for this year.  I didn't expect UF to do much this year.  Now we are starting freshmen at QB, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make a bowl game, especially because we don't have the luxury of playing a bunch of patsies in conference like FSU does. Also, a little early to say the new coaching staff won't do as well as the old one yes?

Edit: Oh almost forgot, one of your top recruits for next year (legacy Mario Edwards) has already decommitted from FSU after the embarrassing loss to Wake Forest.  In fact, Pender and Winston were all on OV's elsewhere this weekend and all had something along the same lines to say about FSU losing to wake forest. 
 Looks like the Jimbo honeymoon may be coming to an end

« : October 12, 2011, 11:10:31 AM RaysBucsnBolts »

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #35 : October 15, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

kids are fickle.  we'll see where they end up.  I'm confident in our staffs ability to reel them in.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #36 : October 16, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »

I am forever grateful for what Meyer did here....before last year.  last year however, Meyer was on his way out and the coaching was a mess.  To add to it, Steve Addazio was running the offense into the ground game after game.  Last year's team was one of the worst coached UF teams in a long time.  They had no identity.  I just find it funny that all the FSU fans are beating their chests over beating a team that could not get out of its own way.  but hey, I guess since it was their first win over UF in 7 years, FSU fans were starved for a little success.  Still doesn't change the fact that they  had 4 losses in a weak conference.  You must have been in the sensible minority of FSU fans at the start of this season.  Because most of them were thinking championship this year.  Heck there were even anaylysts who said EJ Manuel was a Heisman candidate.

The USCe game, you can't always count on the other team's best player injuring himself, and unless you are saying FSU was trying to injure Lattimore, FSU got very lucky that he wasn't able to play most of that game.  As for Garcia, he is a total headcase, and there is no telling which Garcia will show up game to game.  You could get the one that beat Bama....or you could get the one who couldn't beat Kentucky.  Garcia was more interested in the alcohol than football, and he has already been kicked off the team.

As for UF, Going forward I am behind Muschamp 100 %.  Its his first year, and of course there are going to be some bumps in the road.  I am excited to see what his first recruiting class will do.  Hopefully we will get a big running back.  Right now all we have are scatbacks that have been nullified by the speed of Bama and LSU's defenses.  I am not going to make any excuses for this year.  I didn't expect UF to do much this year.  Now we are starting freshmen at QB, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make a bowl game, especially because we don't have the luxury of playing a bunch of patsies in conference like FSU does. Also, a little early to say the new coaching staff won't do as well as the old one yes?

Edit: Oh almost forgot, one of your top recruits for next year (legacy Mario Edwards) has already decommitted from FSU after the embarrassing loss to Wake Forest.  In fact, Pender and Winston were all on OV's elsewhere this weekend and all had something along the same lines to say about FSU losing to wake forest. 

Have you actually spoken with Edwards or is this just Orange and Blue wishful thinking??  Watching UF yesterday, I am not sure Muschamp has all his marbles meanwhile Weis sits on the bench dreaming of double cheeseburgers. ;D

FSU has been every game they have lost can UF make that claim?  Personally, I think that your information is erroneous and just wishful thinking.
As the poster above mentioning trying to diminish the (2) wins FSU had over bitter state rivals sounds like weak sour grapes.

Any recruit that would change his mind over a single loss by a team lacks character and his word means nothing.  Fortunately, I don't believe that is the case with any of the recruits you have mentioned that are orally committed to FSU.

Of course if such absurdity is to be believed why on earth would any recruit consider Florida? 

Good Gawd! They were completely blown out by LSU and Bama and and even against mediocre Auburn UF showed little in the way of potentially even beating that team.  If your whacked theory  on  recruits de-committing based on this years performance is true, Florida will be losing most of theirs.  I doubt that will happen but hey you are entitled to your Orange and Blue opinion.

Hey there is still a lot of season to play lets check notes at the end of year on which team shows more promise at the end of the season.

So do the gators beat Georgia in two weeks?   :-X ;)

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #37 : October 22, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »

Looking good fellas.  The opportunity is still there to go on a run and finish strong.  The running game is looking good in recent weeks.  Manuel seems to be growing into the role and improving.   

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #38 : October 23, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »

After a 35-30 loss on the road to Wake Forest, the Seminoles dropped to 2-3 with three straight losses and their only wins coming against Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern. Now the ‘Noles are paying the price in recruiting, as five of their most prized verbal commitments — DE Mario Edwards, QB Jameis Winston, DT Justin Shanks, RB Mario Pender and WR Marvin Bracy — are publicly wavering. Don’t forget DE/LB Dante Fowler, whose commitment can only be described as soft.

From a recruiting blog.  I wasn't making it up.

Not decommitted yet, so I was misled by the ticker on ESPN that stated they were, but they are wavering and looking else ware.  I think Edwards goes to OU, don't know about the others.  As for FSU's last two wins....well lets just say they were against less than spectacular teams. Not overly impressed by beats downs of Duke and Maryland, and I don't think recruits are either.  When you begin the season #5 with title aspirations and drop out of the top 25 after 3 straight losses, one to a team that should not be on the same field with you, recruits are going to start wavering.

Now about the Gators.  I expected Florida to suck this year.  Add to it your senior QB going down and having to throw true freshmen in there, along with your fastest back being down would throw a wrench into any offensive coordinator's job. Plus Muschamp hasn't even gotten the chance to get his recruits in yet. The current players we have are not meant for Weis' system, they are leftovers from the Meyer era and are mostly meant to run a spread offense, which Weis is trying to change. 

This year I agree.  Florida sucks badly.  UF has a good chance of missing a bowl this year.  Even Vandy scares me.  Florida is a team in a major transition sage.  Been a while since I have had to use this phrase as a Gator but "Wait till next year" :P  Muschamp has the #3 recruiting class coming in.

PS: I would love to see FSU play LSU or Bama.  Even though FSU has such a weak conference schedule remaining, I think they have one more conference loss coming.
« : October 23, 2011, 07:40:49 AM RaysBucsnBolts »

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #39 : October 23, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »

After a 35-30 loss on the road to Wake Forest, the Seminoles dropped to 2-3 with three straight losses and their only wins coming against Louisiana-Monroe and Charleston Southern. Now the ‘Noles are paying the price in recruiting, as five of their most prized verbal commitments — DE Mario Edwards, QB Jameis Winston, DT Justin Shanks, RB Mario Pender and WR Marvin Bracy — are publicly wavering. Don’t forget DE/LB Dante Fowler, whose commitment can only be described as soft.

Not decommitted yet, so I was misled by the ticker on ESPN that stated they were, but they are wavering and looking else ware.  I think Edwards goes to OU, don't know about the others.  As for FSU's last two wins....well lets just say they were against less than spectacular teams. Not overly impressed by beats downs of Duke and Maryland, and I don't think recruits are either.  When you begin the season #5 with title aspirations and drop out of the top 25 after 3 straight losses, one to a team that should not be on the same field with you, recruits are going to start wavering.

Now about the Gators.  I expected Florida to suck this year.  Add to it your senior QB going down and having to throw true freshmen in there, along with your fastest back being down would throw a wrench into any offensive coordinator's job. Plus Muschamp hasn't even gotten the chance to get his recruits in yet. The current players we have are not meant for Weis' system, they are leftovers from the Meyer era and are mostly meant to run a spread offense, which Weis is trying to change. 

This year I agree.  Florida sucks badly.  UF has a good chance of missing a bowl this year.  Even Vandy scares me.  Florida is a team in a major transition sage.  Been a while since I have had to use this phrase as a Gator but "Wait till next year" :P  Muschamp has the #3 recruiting class coming in.

PS: I would love to see FSU play LSU or Bama.  Even though FSU has such a weak conference schedule remaining, I think they have one more conference loss coming.

whoever wrote that blog clearly knows nothing about recruiting. there is only 1 prospect publicly wavering and its mario edwards and he is more worried about distance. all of the other kids are solid but might take visits. nothing worrisome there. that writer is sensationalizing and grasping for readers. until i read warchant or 24/7 sports report it i wont believe it. even espn isnt reporting it so its obvious this guy is grasping at straws. saying you will take visits does not equal wavering. it means the kids want to get out see other places. i dont blame them. as of right now i dont feel we lose any of the current commits. fowler is the one that worrys me only because he is interested in UF.

i think we are in a wait til next year phase too. i would have never guessed we would have so many issues with our oline. we have also been exceptionally bad with penalties this year and ive never seen us turn the ball over this much without forcing many turnovers.

PS we played Bama a couple years ago and beat them. just so you know. thanks for the concern.

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #40 : October 23, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »

How many years ago is a couple?  You beat Saban?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #41 : October 23, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »

as I said above, I'm not worried about our recruiting.  we'll see where we end up in February on signing day.  as for you "expecting UF to suck this year"  you maybe one of the few to think like that.  Given what you are paying that coaching staff and the high bar set by Meyer you're kidding yourself if you think Gator nation will shrug their shoulders if you guys continue your losing streak and lose to Georgia making it 4 in a row.   You're trying to tell me that 7-6 will be acceptable in Gainesville?  UF isnt the type of job that you get a 3-5 years to get your program in place.  muschamp has the staff, roster and resources to win now and it isn't happening.  Can't wait to see the dawgs take a bite of you. :P

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #42 : October 23, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »

I lowered my expectations at the beginning of the year.  I realize this is going to be a rebuilding year.  As for the UGA game, if brantley is not back I fully expect to get blown out

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #43 : October 23, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »

yeah we beat alabama in 2007 i think. i believe that was sabans first year. wasnt like beating the current bama team but saban was the coach. and the FSU team that year was dreadful. reminds me of UF this year. same kind of offense issues. switching from 1 coordinator to another. and friggin xavier lee was our qb, i dont think i have to say much more there

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

« #44 : October 23, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »

That was a 6-6 team that had lost to LA Monroe. Anyone could beat that bama team. the bama teams from 2008 on would kill FSU. 
« : October 23, 2011, 03:26:39 PM RaysBucsnBolts »
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools