Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Preston Parker be the #2 reciever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

flash_kiley

Second String

: September 21, 2011, 03:41:59 AM

Right now Preston Parker leads the Bucs in receiving yards. He normally plays slot, if he plays at all. But at 6 feet, 200 pounds, Parker has the size to be a starting reciever on the outside. He played outside at FSU before getting dismissed, and played well. He has some speed and a lot of lateral quickness, as shown in his 51 yard scamper. I know that Briscoe is bigger, Benn is faster and stronger and blah blah, but there being a sure handed reciever that can get open is more important than measurables.

For those that want him to stay in the slot, he can. When the Bucs go to three recievers, Parker can play in the slot to use his quickness. Benn can come in and play outside. Maybe I'm overreacting to one good game, maybe I'm not. We will see Sunday.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 21, 2011, 03:42:54 AM

Absolutely he should.   

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 21, 2011, 03:48:03 AM

Nah, he is a better fit in the slot. Benn is a better blocker on the outside and offers just as much YAC ability. Teams right now aren't really game-planning against Parker and Briscoe. Once they keep tearing it up, it'll open the field more for Winslow and Williams. Right now teams are focused on slowing down Williams which is why the underneath routes were working. Once teams get accustomed to stopping that this offense will be rolling.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 21, 2011, 04:15:09 AM

The guy has played well in one game.....ONE GAME!!!! If he does it all year then we can talk. I just dont get how if any player has a "breakout game" they are now destined to be a star or at the very least a starter.

Can we wait until these guys at least string a couple games together before crowning them?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 21, 2011, 07:09:31 AM

I remember when people were asking for Briscoe to be the number 2 reciever... Well Parker its your moment of glory, step on up! The guy has one good week. Yea, if he keeps it up move it but its one good week and we have a pretty good recieving core.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 21, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

The guy has played well in one game.....ONE GAME!!!! If he does it all year then we can talk. I just dont get how if any player has a "breakout game" they are now destined to be a star or at the very least a starter.

Can we wait until these guys at least string a couple games together before crowning them?

Crown who?   It's not like Briscoe or Benn are anything special.   Those 2 guys are peasants, you don't need to crown anyone to put them above those guys.   Parker has shown as much or more than those guys by only doing it on ONE GAME.   He looked great.  Start him.
: September 21, 2011, 07:57:46 AM JavaRay

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 21, 2011, 07:58:35 AM

I want to see Briscoe as the #2 guy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 21, 2011, 08:12:43 AM

this is a joke thread, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 21, 2011, 08:17:57 AM

has Benn really done anything to earn it?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 21, 2011, 08:23:14 AM

He was a very high draft pick.   But that's the only reason to start the guy.   He's done little.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 21, 2011, 08:26:46 AM

Benn has done more than enough to keep starting.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 21, 2011, 08:27:02 AM

As a Nole fan, I'm glad for the kid.  But one game does not make you a number one or number two receiver.  Think teams don't know about Mike and Regis?  He did his job.  He just happened to do it when we needed it and he did it flawlessly...He played like the next man up.  He played like a number 3 guy should play.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 21, 2011, 08:38:33 AM

Benn has done more than enough to keep starting.
game 1-4 catches for about 6 yards each and 2 drops
game 2-1 catch and at least 1 drop and one illegal shift penalty that erased a TD

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 21, 2011, 08:45:34 AM

He was a very high draft pick.   But that's the only reason to start the guy.   He's done little.

To be fair, we don't have a WR who has done anything. Mike Will has been absent besides two nice TD catchs. Benn has done nothing, Briscoe is solid but only had a few chances, Parker is honestly the only guy who has made any plays at WR.

Still think he should be our slot man, better match up for him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Shadow

Starter

#14 : September 21, 2011, 08:49:58 AM

Competition is good but the answer is no. Parker did his job well last week but his biggest play looked like a checkdown to the last man standing. He beat two DB's for some nice YAC too. However, if Stroughter is healthy, does Parker even see the field except in ST situations? At some point down the road maybe he climbs the depth chart but let's face it, our starters at WR have about 25? games TOTAL under their belts. It's going to be interesting to see them as they mature. Just because Benn and Williams aren't putting up stellar numbers at this juncture doesn't mean they're busts who need to be replaced but we all should be happy the next man up did his job. That's promising.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Preston Parker be the #2 reciever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools