Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Preston Parker be the #2 reciever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : September 22, 2011, 01:06:30 AM

Absolutely he should.

Yep. Cause one week of looking good means you should bench your starter and start the new guy. In fact, we should switch around the WR depth chart every week and start whoever had the best stats from the prior week. Right? So actually....Mike Williams should be benched for Benn and Parker. Right? GTFO Some of you yahoos post any idea the pops into your head without stopping to think about it first. There is no filter. Just forum diarrhea.

He had one good game playing SLOT. relax.

By the way, the guy ran a 4.65 and 4.59.....he is do faster than Mike Will or Benn.

A lot of people overlook Benn's speed.   He ran a 4.38 at his pro day, and a 4.4 at the combine.  If those numbers on Preston are accurate, Benn is faster.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 22, 2011, 03:12:11 AM

No. He can take advantage of safties and  lesser talented nickle backs with subpar coverage skills. Put him on the outside against a quality starting corner and he wont be open nearly as much.

I agree. In the slot he takes on the nickle corner, safety, or even a LB. If he were working outside facing double teams and press coverage(like Mike Williams is) he would not be open as much.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JoeyDaBuc

Second String

#47 : September 22, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

Right now Preston Parker leads the Bucs in receiving yards. He normally plays slot, if he plays at all. But at 6 feet, 200 pounds, Parker has the size to be a starting reciever on the outside. He played outside at FSU before getting dismissed, and played well. He has some speed and a lot of lateral quickness, as shown in his 51 yard scamper. I know that Briscoe is bigger, Benn is faster and stronger and blah blah, but there being a sure handed reciever that can get open is more important than measurables.

For those that want him to stay in the slot, he can. When the Bucs go to three recievers, Parker can play in the slot to use his quickness. Benn can come in and play outside. Maybe I'm overreacting to one good game, maybe I'm not. We will see Sunday.

"  He played outside at FSU before getting dismissed, and played well. "

He was moved to RB at FSU and played really well before he was dismissed

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 23, 2011, 12:08:39 AM

He may have been our MVP in that second half next to Freeman. I think his speed in the slot gives us a different look for teams to watch after. Should open things up for Benn, K2, and Williams. I hope he is targeted more. I still like Briscoe too and he will get his chances as well. I just like the different speed that Parker brings to the table.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 23, 2011, 12:56:18 AM

You guys have gone at it, MANY with very valid points, but the thruth is it's really much more simple than some of you are making it.

Should Parker be the #2....?  Of course not...  Yet.  Fact is, the guy's gonna get his looks in 3 & 4 WR sets, and if he performs "slot magic", he could sure as heck lock down the slot if he's good with going over the middle, and doing the dirty work.  That description reminds me of an ex-Buc...  Joey G.

With the exception of Williams, I'd say the remaining WRs are in more of a "what have you done for me lately" position.

Do you change up the line-up weekly?  Heck no.  Will the cream float, and if there are any STARS among them, won't they separate themselves based on their performances anyway?  Yup.

For every LGB you take a flier on that actually works out, you'll occasionally "bust" on a second round pick.  I think it's all part of the crap-shoot called the draft.  The great FOs are the ones that find talent in the later rounds and UFAs.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 18, 2012, 01:37:56 PM

Seemed like a prisoner of the moment post at the time. But he probably should have been. Or at least the 2nd option. Him or Dez.  Winslow got way more looks than he deserved. Did he even score this year? Im sure he did but he didnt produce enough with the balls thrown his way. Specially since he was always covered by a slower LB or a safety with average coveerage skills and less size.
: January 18, 2012, 01:41:01 PM buchead

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 18, 2012, 01:55:10 PM

Parker is the cheaper version of Harvin.

The Bucs have Freeman, Clayborne, and Parker while the Vikes have Ponder and Harvin. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Preston Parker be the #2 reciever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools