Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 26, 2011, 03:17:38 AM

Nerve racking- yeah, heart pounding- for sure, exciting- hell yes. If you don't love this kind of football then your not a fan of the game.

Love my Bucs ball. Bring on the Colts and MNF.

m_j

Starter

#16 : September 26, 2011, 03:40:32 AM

I enjoyed it! Was loads of fun and I still can't believe it but we totally stopped the run!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : September 26, 2011, 05:38:01 AM

Yeah, We Won, But...  Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...?

Absolutely - the defense showed up and the offense maintained ball control in the 4th when it was needed.

RJS had a feel of the Sombrerro for the first time in a long time, imo. 

Bud fans haven't really been given much to cheer about at home for awhile.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#18 : September 26, 2011, 06:29:38 AM

This buds for you Morgan.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 26, 2011, 07:36:28 AM

Loved the win, but I hate that we let teams stick around, I want us to put our foots on their throats and not let up.

We definitely look uncomfortable and inexperienced when we have the lead in the 4th quarter. The "playing not to lose" mentality kicks in and it sucks. I think it's mainly the coaching staff, but I'm sure it's a little bit of the players too. Hopefully that changes with experience.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 26, 2011, 07:38:39 AM

One other thing. I believe that at least half of this young team experienced what it feels like to play a home game at RJS for the first time yesterday. It wasn't sold out, but it was going off and we made enough noise to make up for the empty seats. A few guys tweeted about it and it really seemed to get them jacked up. I think our poor play at home could change now.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : September 26, 2011, 07:40:22 AM

A win is a win. I wish they played more crisp and turnover free, but I feel much better after a W than a loss. Guess you have to be rooting for the team to fail if you don't enjoy a W, and your not a fan if your rooting for your team to fail.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 26, 2011, 07:42:50 AM

Free wasn't lights out, but he also didn't make any huge brain farts either.

How about the pick in the end zone?

Yeah, that wasn't a good pass

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 26, 2011, 07:44:38 AM

Nerve racking- yeah, heart pounding- for sure, exciting- hell yes. If you don't love this kind of football then your not a fan of the game.

Love my Bucs ball. Bring on the Colts and MNF.

90% of the reason the Bucs don't sell out is because the games are not exciting. I wonder where that "fan" is today?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 26, 2011, 07:50:39 AM

which is why this thread is the most retarded one I've read here in quite some time. And that's including all 30 or so of the threads Blackthoughtz started during the game.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 26, 2011, 07:50:40 AM

Very enjoyable game to be at.. Yes the offense left a lot of points out there but the Defense was outstanding and it was awesome to see Blount pounding away at the Falcons all game and Josh finishing them off with the penalty and then the kneel down....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 26, 2011, 08:15:07 AM

It was particularly gratifying to see Blount steadily grind away at the Falcons while Turner was made obsolete.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 26, 2011, 08:48:13 AM

You have to win ugly sometimes. What annoys me is the painting of the picture that if Ryan had been given one more chance, they definitely win it and woe is Ryan, he was so close. Well they had 58 minutes to win the game and didn't. They only scored 13 points the whole game. Yes, they had momentum. But they had their chances; White dropped two passes on their final drive that could have won them the game. Oh well. Why is it that when we do the exact same thing in 2008 or 2010, they're better, but when they do it, somehow the wrong team won? If we win both of those close games last year, who finishes with more wins? The difference between these two teams in general is almost nothing. But yesterday? We flat-out outplayed them for long enough to deserve to win.
THE RIGHT TEAM WON. Deal with it, national media.

In Verner We Trust

jlr0714

Starter
#28 : September 26, 2011, 09:02:19 AM

I seem to recall reading after the Lions game that some national media person wrote "The Lions can now beat an inferior team without playing their A game".   Huh....guess the Bucs can too.    And for those who want to talk about the dropped pass by Roddy White....what if, what if, what if.   There are always going to be what if plays in a football game....all you have to do is look at the two games we played against Atlanta last year to know that.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 26, 2011, 10:11:43 AM

Free wasn't lights out, but he also didn't make any huge brain farts either.

How about the pick in the end zone?

You mean the one that got tipped?

There's no defending him on that one. First and goal from the 4, he has a walk in TD and throws the ball across his body, late over the middle where there was SEVEN Falcons in the area.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah, We Won, But... Did You REALLY Enjoy The Game...? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools