Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some speed at RB badly right now « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : September 28, 2011, 10:45:12 AM

I'm sure we would have heard something by now, but if he was...I'd be a little weirded out! lol

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 28, 2011, 10:55:27 AM

Aaron Brown was released early this month by the Lions. He is working out for the Eagles today, but he could be an interesting pick up as a 3rd down back. He's really more of a slot receiver that plats RB, but if he can pass block he might be a good fit for us. I think he's eligible for the practice squad too.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#77 : September 28, 2011, 03:25:05 PM

This is completely hypothetical obviously, but I am bored and just looking for feedback/conversation, so what do you think of this trade idea.....

The Cowboy's depth at WR sucks. Last night made that painfully obvious. With no Miles Austin or Dez Bryant they looked like a bloopers highlight. However, they have a surplus of good running backs with Jones, Choice, Murray, and Tanner. So what if we traded them Briscoe for a RB and then promoted Ed Gant to the active roster to replace Briscoe? Personally I wouldn't want Choice, but any of the other three RBs would be a huge upgrade over Lumpkin and probably even Graham. Plus, I know Briscoe has his fans, but Gant seems to be just as good with the same size and much better speed.

Basically we'd be replacing Briscoe and Lumpkin with Gant and Tanner. We would have just gotten a whole lot more explosive.

Watchu think?

Just thought it was funny that I read your hypothetical (above) earlier and then I see this posted by Dez on his Twitter this morning...

@DezBriscoe89 (Dezmon Briscoe):
Headed to Dallas. This is one of the happiest days of my life.

lol

I am sure it's nothing like he got traded, but just kind of funny and ironic.

Wow. Briscoe for Tashard Choice would make sense for both teams though.

Sello

Second String

#78 : September 28, 2011, 04:01:32 PM

No more Noel divine talk. this kid aint coming here. He came into eagles camp out of shape..who would really want that guy on this team if his only chance was to be in shape and be lights out to make a roster and decided he had more important things to do...No bull**CENSORED** here...i talked a my cus who goes to wvu and he told me one time he was eating lunch with a friend at a popular WV hang out spot. and in walks Noel Divine who decided it was ok to walk up to my cousins table and takes a bite out of his grinder and walks out like it was ok to do whatever he wanted..like he was a god  or something..Im all set with this guy..no thanks

buchead

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 28, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

Whats a grinder? Some kind of sandwich? And i could actually imagine noel devine being an ass. He was so good in highschool deon sanders practically kidnapped him. He has been getting the star treatment for years. You would think a guy with such a tough start to life would remain humble.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some speed at RB badly right now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools