Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Balls Out

Starter
#15 : September 30, 2011, 04:57:23 PM

I actually remember seeing the play when it happened and it was vintage Deacon Jones...It was a thing of beauty, $7500 well spent IMO.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 30, 2011, 05:55:39 PM

The Deacon was an expert at it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 30, 2011, 06:42:14 PM

Dear Lord.  This is what I mean by Goodell ruining the game.  It is slowly turning into something absurd...asterisks for everyone!

Reggie White would have lost every game check if that was a rule back then, as he constantly blasted people upside the head with the most vicious club move in football history.
That's true.  Nice post.

And it was a great head slap - he knocked the guard sideways.  The part I have an issue with is the refs and other players didn't have an problem.  Stupid NFL - Stupider Goodell.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 30, 2011, 07:21:32 PM

I can't remember the play, so maybe he deserved to get fined, but I have a really hard time believing it was as severe a hit as William Moore's helmet-to-helmet on Freeman so it seems odd they'd get the same fine.
Moore was fined for his hit on Graham, not Freeman.
So nothing happened to him for the hit on Freeman?  :o

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 30, 2011, 07:51:12 PM

That is amazing isn't it FRG?  That one was a gimme fine, and if the league office was in a pissy mood, perhaps a come to NY and see me.  Love Roger...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 30, 2011, 08:01:33 PM

I can't remember the play, so maybe he deserved to get fined, but I have a really hard time believing it was as severe a hit as William Moore's helmet-to-helmet on Freeman so it seems odd they'd get the same fine.

No, that wasn't NEARLY as rough as a slap to a helmet, clearly.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 30, 2011, 08:49:26 PM

I thought the Freeman helmet hit WAS fined...I saw it somewhere...I thought, at least.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 30, 2011, 09:04:52 PM

Anyone have a clip of the head slap?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 30, 2011, 10:23:23 PM

Dear Lord.  This is what I mean by Goodell ruining the game.  It is slowly turning into something absurd...asterisks for everyone!

Reggie White would have lost every game check if that was a rule back then, as he constantly blasted people upside the head with the most vicious club move in football history.

Really Binky...?  Really........?

The more I read of your posts, the more I am totally convinced...

You haven't got a friggin' clue at what the hell you're aimless rambling is about.

The rule change on that was implemented in 19-friggin'-77...!!!

Sweet Jesus Boid.......  You blather on, as if you're the end-all for "all that is football", when you clearly and repeatedly display your blatant ignorance for the game.

Goodell was a teenager when "the Deacon Jones Rule" was instituted...

"Defenders are not allowed to make contact with an opponent above the shoulders with the palms of their hands, except to ward him off the line.
 Offensive linemen are not allowed to thrust their hands to a defender's neck, face, or head."

Lemme guess Binky...  Next you're going to tell us what a great corner Nnamdi Assuare is...?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 30, 2011, 10:49:22 PM

Well Binkster...  I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but...

Then I read further, and stumble upon this beauty:

Aso is worth every penny.  as a man to man cornerback, he is certifiable.  He is learning how to adapt to the zone.  Giving up a TD is not my idea of him "not earning his money".  That is stupid.  And drinking of the haterade.

Aso is a solid tackler, he is asked to play in some strange scheme the coaches have decided to go with, and putting him into zone hybrid mode.  Just let the guy cover, and the coaches have no issues. The Eagles have been puzzling this year.

Yeah...  That whole "zone defense" thing will never catch on, huh...?   LMAO...!

Next, I guess you'll try to tell us Tom Landry "invented it" while serving as the DC for the N.Y. Giants........   ::)

Binky...  Stick to cornhole...  It's more your speed...!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 30, 2011, 10:52:25 PM

Yup...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822a4d44/printable/falcons-s-moore-fined-7500-for-hit-on-buccaneers-freeman

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 30, 2011, 11:05:52 PM

Asking Nnamdi to play in a zone, when everyone else is in man is odd.  Sorry if that messes with you.

Also schidt for brains, how many times did Reggie White pimp slap someone upside the head?  Probaby as many as you have been by your pimp, I am assuming.  How many times was he fined?

Thank you.  Sorry if I agree with Brian Price.  I assume by your rambling deep rule digging that you do not.  Sorry, but you must have been a great flag football player at one point.

Go about your business and pick up your shine box.  The only thing I am good at cornholing are your stupid posts.

Watch football with men, not with your wife.  She is better at cleaning your crappy panties.

White mauled people.  One of the elite pass rushers.  Made a living by smashing peoples earholes.  And you bring up 1977 in apost when everyone is in a tirade about Price getting fined for doing as such?  Stick to being mad when the BUcs win.  It suits your stupid posts filled with font size changes, italics fonts, and color changes...tell your wife you don;t like crust on your toast scum bag.

: September 30, 2011, 11:12:18 PM Boid Fink

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 01, 2011, 12:29:48 AM

Asking Nnamdi to play in a zone, when everyone else is in man is odd.  Sorry if that messes with you.

Also schidt for brains, how many times did Reggie White pimp slap someone upside the head?  Probaby as many as you have been by your pimp, I am assuming.  How many times was he fined?

Thank you.  Sorry if I agree with Brian Price.  I assume by your rambling deep rule digging that you do not.  Sorry, but you must have been a great flag football player at one point.

Go about your business and pick up your shine box.  The only thing I am good at cornholing are your stupid posts.

Watch football with men, not with your wife.  She is better at cleaning your crappy panties.

White mauled people.  One of the elite pass rushers.  Made a living by smashing peoples earholes.  And you bring up 1977 in apost when everyone is in a tirade about Price getting fined for doing as such?  Stick to being mad when the BUcs win.  It suits your stupid posts filled with font size changes, italics fonts, and color changes...tell your wife you don;t like crust on your toast scum bag.

Wow Binky.......

Besides your lame attempts to insult me, I don't really understand what's wrong with you man.

Do you REALLY expect anyone to actually believe the Eagles play a defense in which Nnamdi is the only guy playing zone, while the remaining defensive backs are all in man coverage?  I doubt there's even ONE poster on here who's not getting a good chuckle out of that, chuckles.  Insult me all you desire, but please don't steer younger fans in the wrong direction.

Though Reggie was undeniably one of the best to ever lace 'em up - he was NOT famous for "head shots".  His swim move and bull-rush were unforgettable; but "head shots"...  No, really...  He wasn't.  You can be as ugly, mean-spirited, and insulting as you like; it won't change a damned thing for ya slick.  You're wrong.  It's not the end of the world Binky...  We're all wrong occasionally.  I guess your va-jay-jay is a little tender over it, but it doesn't change the facts.

I didn't "make up" the truth; it's just TRUE.  I would apologize for being correct, but I haven't done anything wrong.  I really just want some of our younger football fans to not be swayed by your moronic opinions that are completely false and totally lack any semblance of merit, much less being completely fabricated.  Do you lie to "pump up" your obviously flacid manhood?

I guess you can sit there behind your keyboard, and swell your man-breasts up to the point it may even appear like a real man's chest, but you're making it pretty clear to everyone here - you're anything but.  Knowing you'll never have to look me in the eye while running off at the mouth should bring you comfort.

As for your "preferences"...  Wow.  Double wow.  Here I thought cornholing was just another not-for-profit "dot org" group of folks that enjoyed a pre/post-game game of "bean-toss", but...

As I found out...  Do NOT Google that without being in "safe mode"...!  All this time, I just thought it was another "past time"...  Ya know...  Like this:  http://www.playcornhole.org/ ...  Or this:

As for "your version" of it...  Just WOW.  (Please be safe, and wrap up your little Binky when playing using the "Funky Finky Technique"!)

PS "Corny" (Yes, obviously your new nickname...) - When have I EVER been mad when the Bucs win...?

Lemme guess Corny...  Want to insult my children next?

Oooooohhh..... Big Man......!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 01, 2011, 01:07:56 AM

As a man who watched Reggie play, I can say he used to smash people in the earhole on the REGULAR.  Sorry if your googling gave you no profound results, but it just sounds like you never watched the man play.  He blasted poeple more than ANY player I have ever watched.  I have heard Deacon was good at it, but Reggie did it all the time.  Sorry if you failed to remember, but I do.

Now as for insulting your children...that is weak.  Your wife probably does clean your panties, but she is a good wife by doing so, so I doubt that is an insult.

The only thing you are correct about is how much you do not enjoy when the BUcs win, and start threads about it.  Awesome bro!

Brian Price hitting a guy in the head and getting fined is stupid.  Clearly, many at the Falcons headquarters are sending in tapes, because they are pissed and do not enjoy Bucs wins like you don't.

You are wrong.  Don't mistake me for a guy who has not watched football on the regular.  And this is before the incredible coverage we get now, and I live in NY.  Saw many many Eagle games, many many Packer games.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 01, 2011, 01:51:58 AM

As someone living in that market, I can corroborate that assessment. White's best move was mostly a hip move, but he did head slap too. Not to the degree of Deacon, but he did it. Remember that he played PG- Pre Goodell. There are rules and there is interpretation. Goodell is sissyfying the game.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools