Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman & Williams are not the same as last year. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 06, 2011, 01:13:59 PM

Maybe Williams ain't what we thought he was...........maybe Freeman is pissed off at him......maybe Blount took his spot in the locker room.......maybe I'll win the powerball this weekend........

Where in the world does this come from?  Or am I just missing the sarcasm.

Sorry bro'..was just downplaying the OP.......Sarcasm true......I see greatness ahead for our Bucs..

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 06, 2011, 01:15:46 PM

He had 5 catches last game. We really don't throw him the ball deep as much as we should which is why he doesn't really rack up mutiple 100 yard games. We've played zone defenses the first month of the season and he has been accounted for. A linebacker underneath with a safety over the top most of the time which has allowed Graham and Parker to lead the team in receiving. Keep working the underneath game isn't a bad idea though if I'm trying stop Freeman. Think about it...

Freeman is at his best when he is asked to throw the ball deep. Better completion % rate, tds, ints, etc.....Why would a defensive coordinator LET a QB to play up to his strengths? Take away at what he does best and force him to be a underneath/intermediate guy where he isn't as accurate. (Well from last year)

If the MLB is lining up 12 yards off the ball (Colts), then ya' gotta' take advantage of that! Bucs did-- and after a while, i think it WASN'T a "checkdown" option-- but the primary target.
Especially when you see WRs "going out" to block at the snap of the ball (saw that on SEVERAL occasions MNF)...

No problem with that.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman & Williams are not the same as last year. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools