Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe its me but Mike Williams is not a #1 receiver..its not me though. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexfields22

Practice Squad
: October 10, 2011, 10:12:08 PM

A #1 receiver is a real threat to defenses,he get separation,and will eat you up on man to man.Williams so far hasn't done either.He don't scare the defense or make the cornerbacks work to cover him.I think he is a good #2 or slot..the Bucs really need to get the ball to Benn more.There I said it!

blackthoughtz

Starter

#1 : October 10, 2011, 10:14:59 PM

Mike can definitely be a #1, he proved it last year. This year all the WR's are looking like theyre stuck in mud.  Benn is by far the fastest reciever I have but he is a step below MW imo. MW runs good routes, they need to call him having more intermediate routes cuz thats where he excels. 10 yard slants and things of that nature

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 10, 2011, 10:28:14 PM

There is nothing right about our WR's right now except maybe Preston Parker. Williams is not performing up to his capabilities at all and Benn just isn't getting the ball enough. Benn is so explosive it's not even funny. If there is a player that needs to be featured and force fed the ball in this offense, it's Benn... Not Williams, Not Graham, Not Parker, Not Winslow.... BENN.

What a **CENSORED**ing waste of talent on this roster... all because Olson is too stupid to figure out ways to get certain guys the ball.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 10, 2011, 10:32:02 PM

Mike can definitely be a #1, he proved it last year. This year all the WR's are looking like theyre stuck in mud.  Benn is by far the fastest reciever I have but he is a step below MW imo. MW runs good routes, they need to call him having more intermediate routes cuz thats where he excels. 10 yard slants and things of that nature
Well said. Mike can definitely be a #1 as he showed last year. The problem is that he has had coverages rolled to him and he is being taken out of the play on all those long developing play actions. Great #1s are able to still make plays when they have the focus on them which Mike has not done yet. I would like to see the Bucs use him more on crossing routes to get away from the rolled coverages and "bang 8s" where he can use his ability to box out the corner and make a play. He has had a problem with drops and things like that, but he will get better. He has plenty of ability, but the entire O seems to be stuck right now and that needs to be fixed.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#4 : October 10, 2011, 10:34:22 PM

There is nothing right about our WR's right now except maybe Preston Parker. Williams is not performing up to his capabilities at all and Benn just isn't getting the ball enough. Benn is so explosive it's not even funny. If there is a player that needs to be featured and force fed the ball in this offense, it's Benn... Not Williams, Not Graham, Not Parker, Not Winslow.... BENN.

What a **CENSORED**ing waste of talent on this roster... all because Olson is too stupid to figure out ways to get certain guys the ball.

olson definitely calls plays for benn that are perfect for his skillset....screens and long balls over the middle tupe of plays....freeman has been off on a lot and benn has multiple drops this year

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 10, 2011, 10:37:30 PM

I have seen him open quite a bit, actually. It appears that the timing between himself and Freeman is not there, and the defenses seem to know where we are going with the ball. He is dealing with double and triple teams. Josh Freeman is indecisive with the football right now. That, I believe is the problem.

Mike Williams problem is that he needs to hold onto the ball when it does come his way. His route running is still good.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2011, 10:42:22 PM

Benn is tied for 3rd most drops in the NFC this year. MC80 used to be on the top of this list all the time, but Benn doesn't even have that many balls thrown his way. Add the stepping out of bounds to negate a TD, and the motion penalty to negate another, and he would be better off on the bench IMO.

If you are looking for a new #1 WR don't look at Benn. He is incompetent as a #2.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 10, 2011, 10:46:47 PM

Williams isn't getting double/triple teamed! ...smh (eyeroll)
How many players does the Defense get??!? 15??

MAMMOGRAMS = MOTORBOATING

That's the New Campaign!!

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 10, 2011, 10:48:58 PM

MW's biggest problem is beating the jam off the line.  He is too easily disrupted/redirected by physical corners.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 10, 2011, 11:03:49 PM

Triple teamed.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d822fb761/49ers-defense-fumble-recovery

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

blackthoughtz

Starter

#10 : October 10, 2011, 11:12:15 PM

Triple teamed.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d822fb761/49ers-defense-fumble-recovery

Lol owned, but a freat route by williams...too bad he got destroyed by their safety.... wow....

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2011, 11:17:25 PM

Triple teamed.

Lol owned, but a freat route by williams...too bad he got destroyed by their safety.... wow....

I know. That's what happens when the defense doesn't respect your QB. They knew Freeman was going to dink and dunk all day, and they ate him up. Watch that play. The LB, and S both read Freeman's eyes and converge on Mike Williams as he is catching the ball. Nice play call by LOLson.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 10, 2011, 11:27:28 PM

Quick throw to an open receiver for a 9 yard gain.  Receiver fumbled, how is that on the play caller or qb?  How often do qbs look off that throw? 

blackthoughtz

Starter

#13 : October 10, 2011, 11:29:41 PM

Quick throw to an open receiver for a 9 yard gain.  Receiver fumbled, how is that on the play caller or qb?  How often do qbs look off that throw?

This is the pewter report message board, they always find a way to blame the coaches for everything.....

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 10, 2011, 11:33:54 PM

Olson deserves plenty of blame.  Just seems odd to pick out one of the few plays he called that resulted in an open receiver by design. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe its me but Mike Williams is not a #1 receiver..its not me though. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools