Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe its me but Mike Williams is not a #1 receiver..its not me though. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 10, 2011, 11:47:43 PM

Quick throw to an open receiver for a 9 yard gain.  Receiver fumbled, how is that on the play caller or qb?  How often do qbs look off that throw?

So, you think that was a good play call? Did you see the three defenders all aound him when he caught the ball? Did you see the safety with a full head of steam hit him just as he caught the ball?

I'm not making excuses for Mike Williams, he should have held onto the ball, but c'mon, man. Do you think WR's are supposed to get hit at full speed as soon as they catch the ball?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 10, 2011, 11:50:53 PM

MW's biggest problem is beating the jam off the line.  He is too easily disrupted/redirected by physical corners.

Correct.....

I have seen him open quite a bit, actually. It appears that the timing between himself and Freeman is not there, and the defenses seem to know where we are going with the ball.

....and correct..........and the first problem is causing the second problem with his and Freeman's timing.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : October 11, 2011, 01:08:51 AM

No player on this team has regressed as much as Mike Williams.   Talk about a sophomore slump!     I think the main problem is that Freeman isn't throwing up enough jump balls to Williams this year like he did last year.   Numerous occasions last year Freeman just threw the ball up for grabs when Williams wasn't even open but Williams gooned the ball away and caught it.    I guess Freeman realizes this year there is a chance those could get picked off.  But that ain't working because his picks have gone way up.   

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 11, 2011, 01:11:01 AM

They just dont seem on the same page like they were last year. Like JRay said they had a good thing going last year but for some reason they havent done that this year. The two of them are too good not to figure it out. Some have already said it that he needs to get stronger to get out of these jams.

sloppyjoe1

Starter

#19 : October 11, 2011, 01:16:45 AM

I think the lockout has hurt us the most out of any team since we have the youngest team in the NFL. Our team this year looks totally different from last years, we just haven't found our identity yet.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 11, 2011, 01:18:57 AM

I think the lockout has hurt us the most out of any team since we have the youngest team in the NFL. Our team this year looks totally different from last years, we just haven't found our identity yet.

I think so too. I also think Freeman is trying to do too much which is hurting the team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 11, 2011, 02:07:16 AM

What a **CENSORED**ing waste of talent on this roster... all because Olson is too stupid to figure out ways to get certain guys the ball.

It's what I've been saying all along. Olsen is holding this group back. The talent is there for a good OC to score 30+ points a game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 11, 2011, 02:11:28 AM

Why is it that people on this board only complain about the offense?    Maybe you didn't notice, but the defense was absolutely shredded on Sunday.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 11, 2011, 06:25:14 AM

The problem is the are locking him down. Thats why I was saying at the very least we needed to get a supplement WR (Edwards/TO/Burress) to open things up

Right now teams are not scred of Benn/Briscoe/Spurlock/Parker and the few times Winslow gets open

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2011, 07:35:50 AM

Why is it that people on this board only complain about the offense?    Maybe you didn't notice, but the defense was absolutely shredded on Sunday.
The defense was terrible this past Sunday, but we expected some problems and they have had some great games this year. The offense was supposed to carry this team and its been pretty awful every game so far.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 11, 2011, 09:36:38 AM

There is nothing right about our WR's right now except maybe Preston Parker. Williams is not performing up to his capabilities at all and Benn just isn't getting the ball enough. Benn is so explosive it's not even funny. If there is a player that needs to be featured and force fed the ball in this offense, it's Benn... Not Williams, Not Graham, Not Parker, Not Winslow.... BENN.

What a **CENSORED**ing waste of talent on this roster... all because Olson is too stupid to figure out ways to get certain guys the ball.

I still say Olsen is getting too much heat for our offensive short comings but I'd agree that Benn should be featured more and I've been saying it since early last year.  he is lucky if he gets 3 targets a game.  One of Josh's  main issues is his tunnel vision.  He stares down and forces the ball to Mike and K2.  I know we want to give Mike opportunity balls but how many times this year has Josh attempted a low percentage deep ball to Mike in a short yardage situation? 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 11, 2011, 09:40:10 AM

Quick throw to an open receiver for a 9 yard gain.  Receiver fumbled, how is that on the play caller or qb?  How often do qbs look off that throw?

LOL.  nice point but dont waste your time.  some people are convinced that Olsen should be bagging groceries.  that play is on MW.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 11, 2011, 09:46:23 AM

#1 Receivers don't need excuses.  spin it however you want.
Larry Fitzgerald   still caught 90 passes for 1,100 yards last year with the worst group of QBs the NFL has ever seen.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 11, 2011, 09:55:16 AM

The offense was supposed to carry this team

Why is that?   Because the defensive coordinator is incompetent?     The entire defensive line is first or second round picks, the corners are a first round pick and a future hall of famer.   Its not like there isn't talent on that D.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 11, 2011, 09:59:40 AM

because Morris always gets a pass from the crowd here.  worst against the run and sacks last year and there was no outcry about the defensive coaching.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Maybe its me but Mike Williams is not a #1 receiver..its not me though. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools