Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy................ "So I've been in Frank and Bowers' ears all week,'' « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2011, 06:57:28 PM

Bucs DT McCoy in walking boot to protect sprained ankle

By ROY CUMMINGS | The Tampa Tribune
Published: October 13, 2011

TAMPA Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy has graduated from crutches to a walking boot to support the left ankle he sprained during Sunday's 48-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

McCoy hobbled through the locker room Thursday wearing the black boot he said is simply a precaution to avoid additional damage to an injury that is not as bad as it originally seemed.

"I thought I was out of there, because the pain shot straight to my knee,'' McCoy said of the late first-quarter play in which his left ankle was bent underneath him when teammate Sean Jones fell on the back of his legs.

"But that was just me twisting my knee, (because) it's all in my ankle. But I definitely thought I was done (for the season). It's definitely a blessing for me to be walking right now. I am definitely covered by God. He's got my back, and that's the truth.''

McCoy, who did not return to the game, would not speculate on how soon he might return from the injury, but is making good use of his down time. He's spent the week helping his replacements, Frank Okam and Da'Quan Bowers, prepare for the New Orleans Saints.

"Coach (Raheem Morris) told us you'll show how important you are to the team this week even when you're not playing, so I've been in Frank and Bowers' ears all week,'' McCoy said.

"I've actually been in the film room more than they have, so I can help them. I've been looking at film as if I was preparing for it, and then I show (what I've learned) to them.''

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2011, 07:26:31 PM

Let's hope Bowers can make something happen because Frank and Roy have shown they can't.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2011, 11:51:10 PM

The only person he needs to be "in the ear of" is the opposition's QB.

It would be a **CENSORED** if Bowers came in and took his job.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : October 14, 2011, 07:27:31 AM

"Coach (Raheem Morris) told us you'll show how important you are to the team this week even when you're not playing, so I've been in Frank and Bowers' ears all week,'' McCoy said.

Why do I find this funny?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2011, 09:38:03 AM

God only wanted him to miss a couple of games, so he kept the injury from being too serious.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 14, 2011, 11:13:23 AM

God only wanted him to miss a couple of games, so he kept the injury from being too serious.

God peed in your coffee this morning?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2011, 12:43:46 PM

Instead of being in another man's ear, McCoy, watch this......

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a6bd4/Top-Ten-Gutsiest-Performances-Jack-Youngblood

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2011, 12:43:57 PM

I think God was asleep when GM was getting injured. He woke up just in time to turn a season ending injury into a week to week thing.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 14, 2011, 02:09:43 PM

I think God was asleep when GM was getting injured.

No, he was in Denver replacing Orton

britbuc14

Starter

#9 : October 14, 2011, 05:20:15 PM

I think God was asleep when GM was getting injured.

No, he was in Denver replacing Orton

ok this made me LOL

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy................ "So I've been in Frank and Bowers' ears all week,'' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools