Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 54

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#465 : March 19, 2013, 08:31:06 AM

27 people die in the finale, including 2 major characters.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#466 : March 20, 2013, 01:45:40 PM

If true, I hope one of them is Andrea.  Tired of her face.   

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#467 : March 20, 2013, 01:51:15 PM

If true, I hope one of them is Andrea.  Tired of her face.   

If they kill her off, it will be a huge shift from the book. She was/is a vital piece of the group toward the end of the Governor threat and post-prison.

..but I agree, they have made her into annoying whiny little **CENSORED**..but Andrea's character in the books is a badass.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#468 : March 25, 2013, 11:55:42 AM

Now that was an ending I didn't expect.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#469 : March 25, 2013, 12:06:47 PM

Finally a good episode. I count two this season.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#470 : March 25, 2013, 12:16:58 PM

Should be interesting who ends up surviving and how they manage to escape. I do think that Andrea will endup offing the Governor at some point, whether it's next week, or next season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#471 : March 25, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Next week should be interesting, especially if you've read the books. The final prison standoff/battle/slaughter is such a big part of the book....but at this point so many things are completely different in the TV series that there is really no telling how this is going to play out. I'll be very surprised and disappointed if the governor survives the season finally though.

****BOOK SPOILER KINDA?!?*****

A few things that are different than the book that I'm curious about....

In the book Tyrese has already been a major part of the story for quite awhile at this point but actually dies around this time in the book. It would be crazy if he dies in the series though considering he hasn't even really played any part in the show yet.

In the book, ricks wife Lori and the baby both die in the prison siege. Since Lori is already dead....will the baby still die?

In the book Dale is still alive and continues to be for quite awhile....so the fact that he has been dead for awhile on the show changes a lot. In the book, Dale and Andrea are actually a couple. Pretty gross, but the fact that never happened in the show makes things very different.

Daryll of course doesn't even exist in the book, so it's curious to see how big a role he plays. I love the character, but he could be killed off at any moment.

Carol is already dead in the book.

Morgan joins them in the book, but not in the TV series.

The governor tortures Michone in the book but never has contact with Andrea....so that whole story arc on the TV series could go anywhere. At this point in the show, so much of the story line revolves around the Gov and Andrea's relationship...but that never even happened in the book. Also, in the book Michone gets her revenge on the Gov....but it involves much more than just stabbing him in the eye. It's actually one of the greatest, most gruesome events in the book.

I'm sure I've left out many other differences, but these things make my mind run wild trying to figure out how the TV show is going to handle things that happen in the book with different characters and a very different reality in general. I'm happy the two are so different though. It makes watching the TV show that much better.
: March 25, 2013, 12:34:28 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#472 : March 25, 2013, 12:34:55 PM

Next week should be interesting, especially if you've read the books. The final prison standoff/battle/slaughter is such a big part of the book....but at this point so many things are completely different in the TV series that there is really no telling how this is going to play out. I'll be very surprised and disappointed if the governor survives the season finally though.

Right? Ricks group was a lot bigger and there were some supreme badasses. Hell, they would have beaten the Gov, had he not had a tank. It sucks what they have done to Andrea and Tyreese's characters. I would have like to had seen them explore the prison and find the armory that was stocked with weaponry and the armored riot suits. They have taken it all in a different direction for sure.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#473 : March 25, 2013, 12:37:47 PM

In the previews it looks like everyone has left the prison. Whether they really left, or it's just an ambush.....very different than the book's version of the prison siege for sure.

Draft Aaron Donald

freddy

Hall of Famer
#474 : March 25, 2013, 12:40:42 PM

Prediction -

The governor, after most of his party is wiped out attacking the prison, corners Michone and attacks her. He gets the upper hand and just as he is about to kill her, Rick charges in and saves the day. But the ole Gov gets the better of Rick too. Rick and Michone are on the floor looking into the barrel of the Gov pistol when the gun shot goes off....pan to the little ass kicker standing in the doorway. Carl just off'd the Gov

The preview shown on Talking dead was very interesting, The Gov attacks the prison and gets all the way to the first interior door with zero resistance. Did they leave the prison or is there a trap planned? Are they attacking Woodberry at the same time the prison is under seige?

The last few episodes have been kind of off. I sure hope the season finale is up to snuff.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#475 : March 25, 2013, 12:46:29 PM

The last few episodes have been kind of off. I sure hope the season finale is up to snuff.

Agreed 100%

I liked the Morgan episode and last night's episode with Merle.....but other than that, this season has sucked imo. I'm really, really, really, hoping the finale is great and leaves me wanting more!

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#476 : March 25, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

In the previews it looks like everyone has left the prison. Whether they really left, or it's just an ambush.....very different than the book's version of the prison siege for sure.

Yea, they probably escape out of the passage where Tyreese's group entered. We could see a flip scenario in which Rick and his crew go take over Woodbury, free Andrea, and then convince Tyreese to help defend against the governor upon his groups return.

Also, on the differences. Andrea is the only reason why anyone survives the Gov's attack. She sits up in one of the towers and completely dismantles the Gov's crew with nothing more than rifle.

Morgan doesn't join up with them until much later.

There were hundreds of walkers outside of the prison acting as an additional barrier against an attack.

Hershel dies in the prison siege.

Maggie ends up being the sole survivor of Hershel's family.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#477 : March 25, 2013, 12:52:01 PM

. She sits up in one of the towers and completely dismantles the Gov's crew with nothing more than rifle.

First shot in the preview, a tower is blown to bits by a grenade launcher......subliminal connection to the book?  :)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#478 : March 25, 2013, 12:59:59 PM

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#479 : March 25, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

Chace...forgot that Carol dies pretty early on but Sofia is still alive and well. Carl needs a love interest.....does Hersel's younger daughter take that role?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools