Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 54

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#540 : April 01, 2013, 08:14:32 AM

I bought all the "trade paperbacks" on Kindle. They have like 6 issues a peice and there are 17 of them. The 18th is suppose to be coming out anytime now...but I wish I just bought the three big volumes on real paper.

-ts, I agree 100% with your comment. This entire season was nothing but filler and build up, and then the finale didn't live up to the hype at all. Not even close. The writers are clearly afraid to kill people off and are attempting to drag the series out as long as possible. It is resulting in a watered down boring project with poor story telling.

One last thing....I think the fact that Rick's group killed almost nobody in their ambush and then the Governer went all postal and killed all his people instead just shows the writers are afraid  to let the main characters do bad things....which makes the entire show pointless. This story is about good people descending into the madness that is this new reality. It's about them doing bad things to survive and how each person deals with those decisions. The shows seems to be only staying true to that core trait with Rick and Carl. And apparently the show hasn't got enough use out of the prison set yet...cause they refuse to move on.

One last last last thing..... ;D  The zombies should always be the main threat. The Governor or the other living threats they come across will come and go and are major parts of the story line, but the minute you drop your guard for a moment you will be eaten alive by zombies and that should always be felt....but the show has already turned zombies into something that can be used and controlled. They are just a back drop that are used occasionally but there is no fear of them and you rarely see anyone die from zombies. The show has become a soap opera that focuses entirely on the drama of the living and for the most part, the zombies are just props that could be removed entirely and the show would still be a post apocalyptic series with very little change. That is bull**CENSORED**. Fingers crossed for season four....but I'm bout to give up on this show.
: April 01, 2013, 08:53:48 AM JDouble

freddy

Hall of Famer
#541 : April 01, 2013, 09:25:04 AM

Very VERY disappointed!

Amazing how Glenn and Maggie (and the rest) routinely pop zombies at 200 yards with single head shots yet they both totally miss 20 people just 30ft away, on full auto no less. Then with a single clip, the gov kills them all? So All of them dropped their weapons? Just not a believable setup at all.  I understand creative license but there must be a little plausibility too.

As for going back to the prison, it only makes sense if its temporary.  Rick doesn't know WB and in the short term may feel safer in a place where he has the knowledge advantage.

Didn't like how there was also no indication of next season at all.  Like at the end of season two, they showed the prison in the distance. This time, what, a bus load of old people and kids? Maybe they just needed to add a bunch of people that can be killed off.

The best part of the show was Carl killing the kid and then Carl dissing his dad (dropping the badge at his feet).

Overall, worst season of WD by far. Another season like this, and the show may not see a 5th season. The few reviews I have seen have not been very friendly and the fan base seems rather disgruntled as a whole. Heck, even talking dead struggled last night like they knew it was a bust of a season.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#542 : April 01, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

Very disappointed. First I hope Rick slaps the **** out of Carl. With that said I don't think this show will last another season the way it is going. The writing was just terrible. I actually thought I missed something when they found the woman in the truck and arrived at Woodbury at night. I  felt as disappointed when I was following Lost.

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#543 : April 01, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

Honestly those of you who think that the series won't last through season 5, obviously don't follow the ratings. Apparently it drew 12.4 million total viewers and 8.1 mil in the 18-49 demo. Those are huge #'s. I do agree that this season was all over the place. I was never feeling the Gov storyline. I like the show a lot more when the main threat are the zombies.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#544 : April 01, 2013, 03:54:51 PM

Honestly those of you who think that the series won't last through season 5, obviously don't follow the ratings. Apparently it drew 12.4 million total viewers and 8.1 mil in the 18-49 demo. Those are huge #'s. I do agree that this season was all over the place. I was never feeling the Gov storyline. I like the show a lot more when the main threat are the zombies.

We are all part of that demographic, but if you assume that even half of 12.4M is growing tired like we are....then it could get canceled if it doesn't get back to what made us like it in the first place. We all know it is hugely popular, but horrible writing has killed many hugely popular shows before it.

The problem is, that AMC has fired the entire writing crew after every season, so it is pretty hard to keep the continuity going when that happens. The problem now is, these latest writers who did season three are much worse than the people who did season one and the people who did season two....so do they fire these folks too and bring in the 4th group of writers in four seasons? Sucks, but I think the show is doomed.
: April 01, 2013, 03:58:12 PM JDouble

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#545 : April 01, 2013, 05:34:46 PM

Even if it lost half of it's ratings it would still be a hit. With that said, I don't know why they keep changing show runners.  From what I understand AMC has a reputation for being butinski 's. The guy who wrote the episode Clear is going to be the new show runner. I not sure if constant upheaval is good for the show.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#546 : April 01, 2013, 07:49:37 PM

The one thing that probably makes this season a true disappointment for me as well is the hyping of it at the end of last year. The whole "this season was just a set up for next season" "The next season will be insane when they get to the prison and it will blow this season out of the water"

And then ....

Like I said about the last episode too, when Milton is getting ready to turn and the Governor is leading his army through the tombs, it is so intense and it was impossible to turn the channel. Then they throw 2 flash grenades, shoot 2 clips, celebrated, and the episode was basically done.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#547 : April 02, 2013, 12:00:54 AM

Very, very unhappy with the episode and most of this season.  Best thing about the epiode was that Andrea is gone.  On a side note, Carl may be evolving into  heartless, cold machine, but he was right for shooting the dude running from the prison.  He gave him a simple order to drop the gun and the guy was clearly at least considering doing something tricky.  Everyone on talking Dead, and Hershel kept calling him a "kid", but the guy was older and bigger than Carl, and had a shotgun...  Carl did the right thing.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#548 : April 02, 2013, 06:42:23 AM

This whole season sucked. But the good news is, next season was shot in Atlanta, so they must live the prison at some point.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#549 : April 02, 2013, 08:11:11 AM

I just bought the Volume 1 with the first 48 stories.  Pumped !!  It seems that everyone is in agreement that the books are better than the show.

pewtergirl2010

Second String

#550 : April 02, 2013, 04:02:36 PM

Here is article about the final. Very interesting read http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-finale-interview-robert-kirkman-431968

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#551 : April 02, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

I just bought the Volume 1 with the first 48 stories.  Pumped !!  It seems that everyone is in agreement that the books are better than the show.

Go ahead and order volume 2 as well...I was caught waiting for 3-5 days after finishing the first 48 saying, "damn, I should have already had this on order"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#552 : April 08, 2013, 04:18:48 PM

I've had the book for 4 days and I'm halfway through.  Def happy with my purchase. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#553 : May 04, 2013, 07:10:26 PM

BWahahahaha!   2:45 made milk come out my nose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

freddy

Hall of Famer
#554 : July 23, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

Comes back in Oct. Looks good,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ
Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 54
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Walking Dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools