Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to the Die Hards « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

traew01

Pro Bowler

: October 17, 2011, 02:49:31 PM

To all the Die Hard, Faithful, Never-wavering fans on this board:

I am a pessimistic fan. I tend to see the glass half empty. I am critical. I tend to give up too easily. I tend to doubt. I honestly did not think the Bucs had a chance yesterday. No chance. I was writing off Freeman. I thought Graham should be in an old folks home. I laughed when I heard Tanard Jackson was playing with a few days of practice. I thought Olson had forgotten how to coach an offense. I did not think the D line could do anything without McCoy. I thought Foster would be limping around on a gimpy ankle.....

And I have been the same way all season.

Well, I am here to ask for forgiveness. This team is truly a team. The sum of its parts are much greater than each individual player. I kinda giggled at the term "Youngry" - thought it was pretty stupid. But thats truly what they are - young and hungry. And they have always been that way under Raheem Morris. He has this amazing ability to keep this young team together. To forget what happened one week, and come back and play great the next. To plug in players and get them to play to the best of their ability. "Next man up" is a way of life on this team.

So I am here to tell the Beatles of the Buccaneers world that I am most happy for fans like you. Fans that give this team support in the lowest times, and who should be the ones to enjoy the high times the most. Because you deserve it.

I am going to try to shed myself of the negativity - and get back to just being a fan. Win or lose. Its more fun that way. More enjoyable. I used to be that way -- and then they won a Super Bowl and suddenly I turned into a Philly or NY fan, where nothing was ever good enough anymore. Where I was always questioning moves, bashing the front office and ownership. Well those days are over... this is a fun team to root for. It is fun to see the young guys grow, get better, and really become a cohesive team. And we still have not come close to playing our best ball - which makes the rest of the season all the more exciting.

So go Bucs!!! A great, great win yesterday. And let's keep the ball rolling in London.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2011, 02:53:07 PM

If I was honest with myself, and I was, we had no right to win that game with our one of our top offensive and defensive players out. That being said I was on the edge of my chair screaming and clapping in my living room for the entire game. GF got mad and went to bed and the cat ran away on multiple occasions.

GO BUCS!!!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 17, 2011, 02:56:02 PM

It's one thing to be reactionary during and directly after a poor game. What we all need to work on is waiting for a few hours to make our "big rant" posts and let it simmer until we can think logically. I'm also pessimistic by nature(with sports at least) and I've said some pretty stupid things after games, particularly with the Rays this season. But once I step back and look at the entire season as a whole it doesn't take too long to realize how stupid those impressions were. One game does not make a season until you're in the Super Bowl.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2011, 02:59:50 PM

Its no big deal honestly. Just enjoy these guys play to get better. They are the youngest team in the league. Its honestly logical to criticize the team because they still have so much to learn. They are far from perfect. However they are working hard and getting better so from a fan standpoint its really fun to watch them in this process. At least for me it is. I know losses are tough but this team will take its lumps and look really bad some times. Its all part of getting better. Without that it wouldnt be possible. For now just enjoy this team to get better. They arent gonna win a super bowl at least not yet. This is the time for the fan to support the team and enjoy watching this young team get better.

rob

Rookie
#4 : October 17, 2011, 03:05:39 PM

.. I used to be that way -- and then they won a Super Bowl and suddenly I turned into a Philly or NY fan, where nothing was ever good enough anymore....
Ha.  I remember those days.  In the 90s, an 8 win season was a relief.  Then just making the playoffs was great.

It all changed with the SB win.  After that, fans wanted to string up the coach for not getting them back every year.  Life was simpler back then...

jobuc597

Second String
#5 : October 17, 2011, 03:16:47 PM

I am a pessimistic fan. I tend to see the glass half empty. I am critical. I tend to give up too easily. I tend to doubt. I honestly did not think the Bucs had a chance yesterday. No chance. I was writing off Freeman. I thought Graham should be in an old folks home. I laughed when I heard Tanard Jackson was playing with a few days of practice. I thought Olson had forgotten how to coach an offense. I did not think the D line could do anything without McCoy. I thought Foster would be limping around on a gimpy ankle.....

Well, I am here to ask for forgiveness. This team is truly a team. The sum of its parts are much greater than each individual player. I kinda giggled at the term "Youngry" - thought it was pretty stupid. But thats truly what they are - young and hungry. And they have always been that way under Raheem Morris. He has this amazing ability to keep this young team together. To forget what happened one week, and come back and play great the next. To plug in players and get them to play to the best of their ability. "Next man up" is a way of life on this team.

So I am here to tell the Beatles of the Buccaneers world that I am most happy for fans like you. Fans that give this team support in the lowest times, and who should be the ones to enjoy the high times the most. Because you deserve it.

I am going to try to shed myself of the negativity - and get back to just being a fan. Win or lose. Its more fun that way. More enjoyable. I used to be that way -- and then they won a Super Bowl and suddenly I turned into a Philly or NY fan, where nothing was ever good enough anymore. Where I was always questioning moves, bashing the front office and ownership. Well those days are over... this is a fun team to root for. It is fun to see the young guys grow, get better, and really become a cohesive team. And we still have not come close to playing our best ball - which makes the rest of the season all the more exciting.

So go Bucs!!! A great, great win yesterday. And let's keep the ball rolling in London.
It takes a big man to say what you did....respect for you...

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 17, 2011, 03:17:07 PM

* Applauds* Bravo, Traew01...bravo! :)

My man, all I ask of you is that the next time we lose...the next time a setback happens... REMEMBER this post...you have made a few like this before and unfortunately they have been quickly forgotten the next time we had a bad game or transaction.

EVEN STILL...I am so THRILLED when I read posts like this. There are times I feel like my optimism is falling upon deaf ears...but to be pointed out and thanked like that...it makes me feel like I encourage people here. Thank you very much for that.

I am glad you. like so many others, are owning up and admitting the panic was premature...just remember to KEEP your faith in the team, even when it looks bad...I know some joke that would be a Dolphins fan if I had the optimism I do now, but  it worked out where on a day the Dolphins were having a bye week, I tuned into my first Bucs game and that was the day I really got into football. There may come a time--no, naturally there WILL come a time when the future is bleak for us, but I will never lose my support for the team. Optimism does not mean you're blinded...but the way you DEAL with the situation is what counts. I had a meltdown of sorts after week 1 and  I admit, it was a strange feeling...but it only helped me understand how much more important it is as a fan to hold onto hope, because anything can happen week to week

It may get you called a little nutty at times...but when it finally pays off, there aint no better feeling in the word--and I said this yesterday in another thread--than reading posts like yours and knowing that it DOES help things in the long run!

GET ON BOARD THE PIRATE SHIP AND FIRE THEM CANNONS, BABY!!! NEXT STOP, LONDON! 8)

GO BUCS!!!
: October 17, 2011, 03:27:14 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 17, 2011, 03:20:42 PM

Nice post Traew01....respect to you

BuccaNova

Starter
#8 : October 17, 2011, 03:28:39 PM

That was great traew01, thanks.  It's cool to watch them grow and figure stuff out (hopefully!) and cheer when they find it...but they're too young right now to always maintain it...but they're learning  It's like watching a kid learn to ride a bike...and soon they won't fall off the bike every other time.  Soon they'll be gliding...  And like Mooch said on nfln, damn this is a fun team to watch.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 17, 2011, 03:29:50 PM

Well, I am here to ask for forgiveness.

On behalf of the fellow pessimistic Buc fans.....All I can say is "you really need to grow a pair". You don't need to ask for anyones' forgiveness.

That 48-3 loss, using a little-used backup RB, using backup DLs,  aand all the other stuff you mention gave you every reason to second-guess--

I'm hoping you're a football fan first, cheerleader second.

Put down the pom-poms, man-up, and continue to criticize the team where you see it's needed.

I have been there man. And I am figuring out I do not like being there.

I used to argue that real fans are the ones that speak up and criticize the team. That it was part of being a fan. I used to call everyone "sheep" for blindly following this team.

But what I realize now is that.... all of that was a waste of my time. When I was 13-14 years old - I loved being a fan of this team. My buddy and I would get his Mom to load up the ladder on top of the car, drive us to the old One Buc Place, and we would climb up on top of that ladder and watch practice until Rick Odioso, the PR director at the time, would come over and run us off. Well, we just waited a little while, and came back. Eventually he got tired of running us off.

In those days, I just loved the Bucs. I just loved watching them, and simply wanted them to win a freakin game. A playoff spot was a just a dream. And you know what, I had more fun back then than I ever am having now. And life is too short. I want to get back to those days. When you had fun because you loved the team, win or lose. Nothing I say on a stupid message board is going to change things with this organization. I would love to think it could, but its not. So I am ultimately just being negative for the sake of being negative. And it is killing my enjoyment.

So from now on, you can call me a puss as much as you want. I think criticizing is easy - it is much, much harder to support a team when things are going bad. So in my opinion, the fans who have "grown a pair" are those that are unwavering in their support. Win or lose. Now that is manning up. That is what i aspire to return to...

Go Bucs!!! 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 17, 2011, 03:33:02 PM

respect traew01! Good post. Lots of people can learn from that one. In the end its just a game to be enjoyed and I think a lot of us forget that.

jlr0714

Starter
#11 : October 17, 2011, 03:38:47 PM

Traew01.....way to speak the truth!   Here's another reality....our society, aided significantly by the anonymity that the internet affords, has become an 'attack' society....we all feel quite emboldened by our ability to criticize without having to take any accountability.   Accountability is a lost virtue unfortunately....so I salute you even more so for taking responsibility and realizing that you are responsible for your own attitude..and that in many ways we reap what we sow.    Why people choose to be negative and critical instead of looking for the positives in life is beyond me...I'm not suggested we be unrealistic...but it really is simple....half empty, or half full?    Welcome to the half full side.   :-)

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 17, 2011, 03:40:53 PM

Welcome to the half full side.   :-)

My glass is mother *CENSORED* full right now!

jlr0714

Starter
#13 : October 17, 2011, 03:42:02 PM

LOL!  And ain't it great!    :-)

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 17, 2011, 03:45:21 PM

Traew...There are gonna be some people who say it's a sin, but wearing rose-colored glasses does not make you blinded. All it means is that it doesn't make you easy to break. While others might say it's being one-sided, I don't see it that way at all...I see it as being happy and enjoying things as much as you can and remaining hopeful that the bad will sort itself out...after all, you can either endure the bad times in pain or face them knowing one day, somehow, SOME way, things will get better...I am a living testament to the fact that, yes, there are BAD times for anything, but they don't have to torture you. Look for the best in every situation..it's there. You just have to realize it.

On our Bucs, be thankful for what we have and the fact we are only getting better, my man. :)
: October 17, 2011, 03:48:36 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to the Die Hards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools