Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to the Die Hards « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2011, 05:01:02 PM

I think we win even if Brees connects with 3 mins left

I think they would have too. Either way it doesnt matter. Its over!! Bucs win!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : October 17, 2011, 05:11:59 PM

I don't think the OP would be providing this obsequous mea culpa like he has if the game was lost 27-26.

BuccaNova

Starter
#32 : October 17, 2011, 06:51:37 PM

And I don't think I'd have to work again if $100 bills fell out of my pet monkeys a$$. What's your point? That alternative realities have alternative outcomes? Do you think you'd be such a negative **CENSORED** IF we had beat the 49rs 214-7?  Do yo think the bucs would be a BETTER team if we had won this game on a last-minute drive that garnered a field goal for the victory? Do you think that Drew Brees throwing a pick is a flukey reality that shouldn't count in real life?  Do you think that our lead in divisional wins is a glitch in the matrix?  You're a season ticket holder, you live down there, I envy you for that, why don't you like to enjoy the success of the team? Or are you one of those that would enjoy the lack of success more? Hey, rough schedule upcoming, you may get to delight in some losses yet....

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 17, 2011, 07:06:05 PM

What's your point?

My point is that OP is being foolish to give up his right as a Buccaneer fan to criticize the team based on one win that could have easily been a 27-26 loss.

No team, even the 6-0 and defending Super Bowl Champion Packers, have fans who aren't critical of something their favorite team is doing - whether calling certain plays, playing certain players, or drafting/trading/signing certain players.

OP, don't give up the option to be critical of the Buccaneers as a knee jerk reaction to a game that could have easily gone another way.

Oppositional views are what makes message boards interesting.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 17, 2011, 07:10:53 PM

Whos says you cant be fan and still criticize? I will criticize the team but still be a giant homer. In the end its just a game. I just choose to be a glass half full dude instead of half empty. How the team performs isnt our choice. So why make it personal?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 17, 2011, 07:40:00 PM

And I don't think I'd have to work again if $100 bills fell out of my pet monkeys a$$. What's your point? That alternative realities have alternative outcomes? Do you think you'd be such a negative **CENSORED** IF we had beat the 49rs 214-7?  Do yo think the bucs would be a BETTER team if we had won this game on a last-minute drive that garnered a field goal for the victory? Do you think that Drew Brees throwing a pick is a flukey reality that shouldn't count in real life?  Do you think that our lead in divisional wins is a glitch in the matrix?  You're a season ticket holder, you live down there, I envy you for that, why don't you like to enjoy the success of the team? Or are you one of those that would enjoy the lack of success more? Hey, rough schedule upcoming, you may get to delight in some losses yet....

He has no point. He is a season ticket holder who, assuming there are no blackouts, can't wait to watch the games on HD next year. Why? Because it's such a hassle to go to the games. Too crowded. Too hot. Blah, blah, blah...

Oh, and it's hard for him to watch his team play for first place against a division rival.

It'll be hard to watch the game at RJS on Sunday. Usually Who-Dat Nation comes in full force as well, making the massacre even harder to endure.

Hard to believe that the spread is single digit - should be 14-21 pt.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2011, 07:54:14 PM

To all the Die Hard, Faithful, Never-wavering fans on this board:

I am a pessimistic fan. I tend to see the glass half empty. I am critical. I tend to give up too easily. I tend to doubt. I honestly did not think the Bucs had a chance yesterday. No chance. I was writing off Freeman. I thought Graham should be in an old folks home. I laughed when I heard Tanard Jackson was playing with a few days of practice. I thought Olson had forgotten how to coach an offense. I did not think the D line could do anything without McCoy. I thought Foster would be limping around on a gimpy ankle.....

And I have been the same way all season.

Well, I am here to ask for forgiveness. This team is truly a team. The sum of its parts are much greater than each individual player. I kinda giggled at the term "Youngry" - thought it was pretty stupid. But thats truly what they are - young and hungry. And they have always been that way under Raheem Morris. He has this amazing ability to keep this young team together. To forget what happened one week, and come back and play great the next. To plug in players and get them to play to the best of their ability. "Next man up" is a way of life on this team.

So I am here to tell the Beatles of the Buccaneers world that I am most happy for fans like you. Fans that give this team support in the lowest times, and who should be the ones to enjoy the high times the most. Because you deserve it.

I am going to try to shed myself of the negativity - and get back to just being a fan. Win or lose. Its more fun that way. More enjoyable. I used to be that way -- and then they won a Super Bowl and suddenly I turned into a Philly or NY fan, where nothing was ever good enough anymore. Where I was always questioning moves, bashing the front office and ownership. Well those days are over... this is a fun team to root for. It is fun to see the young guys grow, get better, and really become a cohesive team. And we still have not come close to playing our best ball - which makes the rest of the season all the more exciting.

So go Bucs!!! A great, great win yesterday. And let's keep the ball rolling in London.

Nice post. Unfortunately, others will never get it. Just look around in this thread.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 17, 2011, 08:10:53 PM

But there are those of us that are GLAD forr you, OP...remember that. :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 17, 2011, 08:10:57 PM

Its no big deal honestly. Just enjoy these guys play to get better. They are the youngest team in the league. Its honestly logical to criticize the team because they still have so much to learn. They are far from perfect. However they are working hard and getting better so from a fan standpoint its really fun to watch them in this process. At least for me it is. I know losses are tough but this team will take its lumps and look really bad some times. Its all part of getting better. Without that it wouldnt be possible. For now just enjoy this team to get better. They arent gonna win a super bowl at least not yet. This is the time for the fan to support the team and enjoy watching this young team get better.

well said

blackthoughtz

Starter

#39 : October 17, 2011, 08:19:33 PM

What's your point?

My point is that OP is being foolish to give up his right as a Buccaneer fan to criticize the team based on one win that could have easily been a 27-26 loss.

No team, even the 6-0 and defending Super Bowl Champion Packers, have fans who aren't critical of something their favorite team is doing - whether calling certain plays, playing certain players, or drafting/trading/signing certain players.

OP, don't give up the option to be critical of the Buccaneers as a knee jerk reaction to a game that could have easily gone another way.

Oppositional views are what makes message boards interesting.

You can have opposing views, but being a **CENSORED** about it and constantly being negative is just annoying. Anything in moderation is good. Everythin this team does is not bad. When we win no need to see negatives, this world is not a worlds of ifs. We live in a world of absolutes.  We won period. Whether it was ugly or not. Its still one win.

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 17, 2011, 08:30:47 PM

Most here can't remember when Florida had no team at all. The Dolphins had their first practice over at St. Pete Beach and the players got all cut up on seashells and broken glass. The Dolphins were a joke and the coaches son was the QB. They stunk until Don Shula took over in 1970. They got good fast, but it wasn't like they were our team when they played their games 250 miles across the state. I did electrical work in the Bucs' locker room and the skyboxes when bowled in the old Tampa Stadium. The stadium manager was my biology teacher at Plant HS. The Bucs sucked but had no shortage of fans. We loved our team because we knew what it was like to not have one. I haven't lived in the area in over two decades, but the Bucs will always be my tean. I have a shirt that says "I may live in Pennsylvania but I bleed red and pewter". That says it all.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 18, 2011, 07:36:37 AM

Interesting story - explains why millions of transplants move to Florida and never adopt Florida NFL teams as their own - they keep their allegiance to the team they supported when up North.   We see them every home game as they drive up to RJS in FLA license-plated cars with opponent jerseys on. 
: October 18, 2011, 07:38:16 AM morgan

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 18, 2011, 08:21:30 AM

To all the Die Hard, Faithful, Never-wavering fans on this board:

I am a pessimistic fan. I tend to see the glass half empty. I am critical. I tend to give up too easily. I tend to doubt. I honestly did not think the Bucs had a chance yesterday. No chance. I was writing off Freeman. I thought Graham should be in an old folks home. I laughed when I heard Tanard Jackson was playing with a few days of practice. I thought Olson had forgotten how to coach an offense. I did not think the D line could do anything without McCoy. I thought Foster would be limping around on a gimpy ankle.....

And I have been the same way all season.

Well, I am here to ask for forgiveness. This team is truly a team. The sum of its parts are much greater than each individual player. I kinda giggled at the term "Youngry" - thought it was pretty stupid. But thats truly what they are - young and hungry. And they have always been that way under Raheem Morris. He has this amazing ability to keep this young team together. To forget what happened one week, and come back and play great the next. To plug in players and get them to play to the best of their ability. "Next man up" is a way of life on this team.

So I am here to tell the Beatles of the Buccaneers world that I am most happy for fans like you. Fans that give this team support in the lowest times, and who should be the ones to enjoy the high times the most. Because you deserve it.

I am going to try to shed myself of the negativity - and get back to just being a fan. Win or lose. Its more fun that way. More enjoyable. I used to be that way -- and then they won a Super Bowl and suddenly I turned into a Philly or NY fan, where nothing was ever good enough anymore. Where I was always questioning moves, bashing the front office and ownership. Well those days are over... this is a fun team to root for. It is fun to see the young guys grow, get better, and really become a cohesive team. And we still have not come close to playing our best ball - which makes the rest of the season all the more exciting.

So go Bucs!!! A great, great win yesterday. And let's keep the ball rolling in London.
It takes a big man to say what you did....respect for you...

Just refreshing to hear someone actually say it on this message board.  Big thumbs up dude!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 18, 2011, 11:22:17 AM

Interesting story - explains why millions of transplants move to Florida and never adopt Florida NFL teams as their own - they keep their allegiance to the team they supported when up North.   We see them every home game as they drive up to RJS in FLA license-plated cars with opponent jerseys on.

True. And we accidentally spill our beer on them.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 23, 2011, 02:29:10 PM

curious if the OP will have anything positive to post about today's game
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A message to the Die Hards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools