Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we could somehow get Andrew Luck, and deal Freeman away... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 19, 2011, 07:33:27 AM

Any team that drafts Luck or is in position to draft him obviously needs  QB. So unless we offer Freeman and about 5 picks I caant see why they would even consider it.
 On the other hand, if they dont need a QB nd are looking to trade then offering them Free wouldnt work. If they feel they are set a QB and dont need Luck, then dangling Freeman in front of them wouldn't intrigue said team.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 19, 2011, 07:37:00 AM

Even if Luck ends up being an upgrade I think trading Free out for a rookie, puts the team back at least two years, if not three. I would stand pat with Free, I think he continues to improve and becomes a consistently dominant player.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 19, 2011, 07:39:16 AM

I'd rather have Tebow.
bet you would be "up" for that  ;)

buchead

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 19, 2011, 07:42:33 AM

I wonder if Denver is heavily invested in the suck for luck campaign. I mean no one wants the best prospect since Elway more than...Elway!
 Starting Tebow, trading Brandon Lloyd, trying to trade Eddie Royal. Tebow is going to struggle and yet they are getting rid of pieces.
 However, I think Tebow will win more than they expect.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 19, 2011, 07:45:17 AM

I still like Freeman to a big ben but with better passing ability. I don't think Freeman will ever be compared to Aaron Rogers and I'm good with that. He has the skill to sling it 50 times a game but that isn't what this offense is. We run the ball, use playaction and let Freeman carry this team with his decision making.

Throwing the ball 40-50 times a game leads to a lot of interceptions. Look at Brees last week and look at Tom Brady this year. Brees has been throwing the ball a ton the last 3 years and he has thrown a bunch of ints. Same with Brady. He throws 4 picks last year and has doubled that already. Tipped balls, dropped balls, etc... You can throw for 400 yards and lose a game very easily. We've seen it every week this year in the NFL, or almost every week. I don't know if anyone else has noticed what they key to winning an NFL game is? No turnovers, few penalties and good defense.

So to sum up my post. Freeman may never be the Aaron Rogers of his generation but he certainly is very similar to Big Ben and I think can be better. That has turned out pretty well for the Steelers. No way we give up as many picks/players as it takes to move up +/- 20 picks in next years draft to get a QB who is not as good as Freeman is currently. We could gain a lot more with improving our offensive line and defense.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

antcam

Rookie

#20 : October 19, 2011, 09:03:00 AM

I don't Luck will be anywhere close to Freeman.  I believe he is a product of Harbaugh's knowledge of the game.  Similar to J. Johnson to a lesser degree.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#21 : October 19, 2011, 09:13:57 AM

Colts or Dolphins will get Luck.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 19, 2011, 10:23:34 AM

I wouldn't trade Josh Freeman for anybody under any circumstances. We're 4-2 and he is not playing as well as he did last year. I expect 2012 to be his breakout season but we're primed to take the division title even with his substandard performance so far. We had one other franchise QB and he made history for San Francisco. This regime is too smart to repeat a mistake like that. Freeman and Morris will make history for the Bucs.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : October 19, 2011, 11:35:50 AM

If we could somehow get Andrew Luck, and deal Freeman away...

absolutely no way - not even worth discussing

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 19, 2011, 11:46:00 AM

If we could somehow get Andrew Luck, and deal Freeman away...

absolutely no way - not even worth discussing

+1

Does someone have that, "Didn't read picture with the kids dancing"... yeah... insert that in here somewhere.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 19, 2011, 11:54:02 AM

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 19, 2011, 11:58:24 AM

Reminds me of all the 'lets get Cutler' threads a while back.........Remember Hate? You whined for months wanting that franchise.....LMAO...
: October 19, 2011, 12:00:19 PM deadzone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 19, 2011, 12:03:15 PM

Hate has a selective memory - all he seems to remember lately is that people wanted to keep Cadillac in our backfield.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 19, 2011, 02:32:28 PM

Speaking strictly in hypotheticals, if we could trade Freeman and a first round pick to get the #1 pick, I'd be very very tempted.  I absolutely love Free, but Luck is a once in a generation player.  That being said, it'll take more than that to get him, and trading more than that would set the franchise back too much.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 19, 2011, 02:40:58 PM

Let's throw Tebow out of the equation.    I would take Andrew Luck over Josh Freeman all week long and twice on Sunday.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we could somehow get Andrew Luck, and deal Freeman away... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools