Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Samari28

Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2011, 07:20:56 PM

These two teams are clearly the cream of the crop this year and don't see either team fading anytime soon. Talk all you want about Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Stanford and Oklahoma but none of those teams should be ranked above a one loss LSU or Bama team. I did not mention Boise State on purpose as until they actually play a real schedule and are involved in a real conference they should not be allowed in the BCS. If Boise State had half the manhood they claim, join the PAC 12 or Big 12. Saturdays came can't get here soon enough as hopefully we will be watching some future BUCS in Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Mathieu and Brandon Taylor. Mo would be our shut down corner, Tyrann would be our Ronde replacement and Brandon Taylor is the glue that holds LSU's top ranked backfield together. There are also a few freshman to keep your eyes on in Freak Johnson, La'el Collins, Odell Beckham, Jr and Jarvis Landry. Long story short hope to see LSU take care of business and then run the table for another BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. On a side note another stud is P Brad Wing but obviously we do not need another P.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 02, 2011, 12:18:23 AM

LSU should win this game. But it will be a dog fight. I doubt either team will fall that far in the rankings. But I don't see how you can say OK State shouldn't be ranked above either team after this week.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 02, 2011, 04:38:19 PM

Talk all you want about Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Stanford and Oklahoma

You said Oklahoma twice, you must run one of those BCS computer polls ;)

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2011, 08:09:18 PM

hahaha never seen someone use the word "stud" and "punter" in the same sentence. this should be a good game. lot of good nfl talent on defence in this one. i like alabama by 3. there will be at least one defensive touchdown in this game

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2011, 08:07:49 AM

Ticket scalpers are making a killing on this game. Many are going for $1,000. Even nosebleeds going for $400+.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1287380

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2011, 09:36:00 PM

These two teams are clearly the cream of the crop this year and don't see either team fading anytime soon. Talk all you want about Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Stanford and Oklahoma but none of those teams should be ranked above a one loss LSU or Bama team. I did not mention Boise State on purpose as until they actually play a real schedule and are involved in a real conference they should not be allowed in the BCS. If Boise State had half the manhood they claim, join the PAC 12 or Big 12. Saturdays came can't get here soon enough as hopefully we will be watching some future BUCS in Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Mathieu and Brandon Taylor. Mo would be our shut down corner, Tyrann would be our Ronde replacement and Brandon Taylor is the glue that holds LSU's top ranked backfield together. There are also a few freshman to keep your eyes on in Freak Johnson, La'el Collins, Odell Beckham, Jr and Jarvis Landry. Long story short hope to see LSU take care of business and then run the table for another BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. On a side note another stud is P Brad Wing but obviously we do not need another P.

Sorry dude...but if OU travels to an undefeated no. 2 ranked team in OSU on Dec. 3rd and they win...OU should and probably will play the winner of this contest in the BCS championship. OU has the 8th toughest schedule compared to LSU or Bama who dont even break the top 40 in SOS. OU is also one of the very very few teams who could beat either Bama or LSU. OU has a defense that is nearly as good as Stoops' 2001 squad and has a potent enough offense to score enough to win.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 05, 2011, 10:02:21 PM

"OU has the 8th toughest schedule compared to LSU or Bama who dont even break the top 40 in SOS."

Correction..LSU does have the 9th best SOS...so incorrect stat on that previous post.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 05, 2011, 11:49:54 PM

LSU wins in OT. Neither team gets in the EZ all FGs and Bama misses 4 FGs.

I could see a rematch if there are no undefeated BCS conf. teams.

Side note: I have never seen a more costly "illegal substitution" penalty in college or pro history.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 06, 2011, 08:47:27 AM

thatr was the biggest bust of a game ive ever seen. game of the century my ass. defensive fight but i at least expected 1 touchdown. is that too much to ask

ranman

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 06, 2011, 09:28:47 AM

Good game for soccer fans and defensive minded fans.  I hope there wont be a rematch.  Bama had them on their home field and couldnt close the deal.  Nothing makes me think the bcg would be any different.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 06, 2011, 10:57:52 AM

"OU has the 8th toughest schedule compared to LSU or Bama who dont even break the top 40 in SOS."

Correction..LSU does have the 9th best SOS...so incorrect stat on that previous post.

SOS updated:

OU - 7th
LSU - 8th
ALA - 20th

That said, OU's one loss to a currently 5-4 Texas Tech team in Oklahoma looks pretty bad compared to Alabama's one loss to an undefeated LSU team in OT.  But Oklahoma would have a chance to jump Alabama with the OK St. game and Big 12 National Championship - if there still is one.

Oklahoma needs Texas Tech to win out so that loss doesn't look so bad.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 06, 2011, 11:05:05 AM

I was looking at the game from a "who could we draft" perspective, and for that it was great. There is some serious pro talent in those Ds, the O players, not so much. LSU's Ried was a beast. Claiborne and K-Pat were shut-down all nite and rarely even got targeted. Hightower and Upshaw are beasts.

I do hope Bama's kickers are studying and getting a real education cause their Pro careers don't look so hot.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 06, 2011, 12:12:01 PM

There was some great run defense but the passing problems seemed to be a lot more about the crummy QB's than the stellar defensive play. If anyone in the national title hunt had a run defense worth a darn - OSU and Stanford don't - then both Bama and LSU could be had pretty easily. LSU will get lucky to face teams with no defenses that can force Lee or Jefferson to beat them.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 06, 2011, 09:16:45 PM

Funny how people think a 9-6 game in OT makes this game less than what it was - battle of two of the best defenses in recent memory, maybe the best two defensive teams to face each other ever.  Yeah, LSU and Alabama have weaknesses at QB but no college team is complete as we have shown Oregon, Florida, West Virginia, Alabama and all others DEFENSE is what wins and with this defense I am not scared of any team outside the SEC.  Stanford, please, Oklahoma, yeah we know they get bent over in big games, Oklahoma State, maybe the only team outside the SEC that could make a game interesting and Boise State, never gonna happen.

This game was all the hype and then some.  It was better than Ohio State Michigan, it was better than some of the Miami FSU games and I could go on.  Talk all the smack you want but fact of the matter is what is in the books is all that matters and prior to this game look how LSU not only has won games but DOMINATED games.  Alabama is a great team, just not the best team this season.

Funny, if this were a Florida team some of you would be all over this as one of the best teams ever.  With that being said Urban Meyer needs to shut his pie hole as his BS comments after the game were juvenile and you could read that he is just jealous he will never be on the level of Saban or Miles.  Yeah Urbs won a couple National Championships but fact is he could not sustain the Florida program and this is one of the reasons (affair with a co-ed seems to be the other) he walked away.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 06, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Funny how people think a 9-6 game in OT makes this game less than what it was - battle of two of the best defenses in recent memory, maybe the best two defensive teams to face each other ever.  Yeah, LSU and Alabama have weaknesses at QB but no college team is complete as we have shown Oregon, Florida, West Virginia, Alabama and all others DEFENSE is what wins and with this defense I am not scared of any team outside the SEC.  Stanford, please, Oklahoma, yeah we know they get bent over in big games, Oklahoma State, maybe the only team outside the SEC that could make a game interesting and Boise State, never gonna happen.

This game was all the hype and then some.  It was better than Ohio State Michigan, it was better than some of the Miami FSU games and I could go on.  Talk all the smack you want but fact of the matter is what is in the books is all that matters and prior to this game look how LSU not only has won games but DOMINATED games.  Alabama is a great team, just not the best team this season.

Funny, if this were a Florida team some of you would be all over this as one of the best teams ever.  With that being said Urban Meyer needs to shut his pie hole as his BS comments after the game were juvenile and you could read that he is just jealous he will never be on the level of Saban or Miles.  Yeah Urbs won a couple National Championships but fact is he could not sustain the Florida program and this is one of the reasons (affair with a co-ed seems to be the other) he walked away.

LSU is the best team in the nation...but IMO...this years Oklahoma team would stand the best chance of beating LSU. Now in me saying that...I would bet on LSU winning...but OU has a pretty good defense and would score more than 6 points on that LSU defense. OSU...they would get manhandled and smashed by LSU...it would be ugly. All that being said I am a big fan of Les Miles and would be ecstatic if he were Tampa's coach.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools