Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik......"Jackson is a player we want around" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 02, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »

Bucs GM: Jackson is a player we want around

by Roy Cummings

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

BY ROY CUMMINGS
 The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA – Tanard Jackson may not be the most reliable player on the Bucs squad, but he is clearly one of the most valuable. The Bucs said as much last week when they gave Jackson a one-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2012 season, and general manager Mark Dominik reiterated the point on Wednesday.

“I would say that he’s a guy that we would like to have around here,’’ Dominik said of Jackson. “In the making of a deal, there are a lot of different things that go into it, but we felt like it was a deal that made sense to our organization and that’s the most important thing.’’

The fact that Jackson has two interceptions in his first two games back following a 56-week league-mandated suspension factored into the decision to extend Jackson’s contract as well, Dominik said. It confirmed the Bucs belief that Jackson is without question one of their best players.

“If there’s a deal that we think makes sense in both the short and the long term, we’ll make it.’’ Dominik said. “And Tanard was going to come out of contract (in 2012), and so it made sense to his agent, to Tanard and to us to get a deal done and put another year on his contract.’’

Jackson’s recent return is from a third violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. His second violation resulted in a four-game suspension in 2009.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 02, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »

It was a smart decieson to extend him. The CONTRACT is a low risk, high reward contract. If he screws up again he basically gets nothing but if he continues to keep his nose close he is a pro bowl caliber safety in this league.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #2 : November 02, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »

I agree.  Both sides are happy, hopeful he keeps his nose clean and continues to play at a high level.  No pun intended. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 02, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »

The fact he was WILLING to sign it speaks volumes 'bout his mindset. I initially wanted him gone, but now I'm deferring to Dom's better judgement...

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 02, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »

The fact he was WILLING to sign it speaks volumes 'bout his mindset. I initially wanted him gone.....

So did my brother.... which made no sense to me. When you can get a player of his caliber, still on his rookie deal, basically on his last shot, why would you let some other team reap the benefit of that?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 02, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »

Bye Talib.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 02, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »

I'm deferring to Dom's better judgement...

We all would be wise to do so. Even when we think we know the whole situation I would guarantee that there is more we don't know that he does.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 02, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

...Of course Dominik wants him around. TJax gets the good stuff.

Besides, every group of guys has to have that one "weed" guy around when times get really bad..

See. Not only is he a good football player, he's usefull to have around the lockerroom  ;).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 02, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »

“I would say that he’s a guy that we would like to have around here,’’ Dominik said of Jackson. “In the making of a deal, there are a lot of different things that go into it, but we felt like it was a deal that made sense to our organization and that’s the most important thing. Ever since Jeremy Stevens got popped by the law picking up the team's weekly supply of weed, it's been very difficult to find someone willing to make the Friday night trek to Miami and back with the goods. Tanard fits the bill perfectly and we, as an organization, are very grateful for his contributions to the team."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 02, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »

Of course. He was drafted by Bruce Allen. He's part of the core.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 02, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »

Lets sign Nate Allen and Jerramy Stevens and Ricky Williams, too.

We can change the team song to:

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 02, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »

Jackson is a playmaker and it's not like he is out getting drunk killing people. I can't wait to see what this defense will look like when it all comes together.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 02, 2011, 10:02:26 PM »

great deal...he is one of the only true game changers on this team....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 02, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »

Jackson is a playmaker and it's not like he is out getting drunk killing people.

I guess if you're high it would be a bad idea to go out drinking and killing people.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 03, 2011, 12:59:22 AM »

Bye Talib.

Off topic but I think they go CB number one in the draft.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik......"Jackson is a player we want around" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools