Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 03, 2011, 10:55:29 PM

I don't like how we've played offensively in recent weeks.  That being said, our D and ST are among the best in the nation.  I hope we finish the year strong with a bowl win and really emphasize offensive improvement this offseason. 

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

#76 : December 03, 2011, 11:49:11 PM

Funny thing about that comment is I would say UF's defense outplayed FSU's in the game.  The points came off bad, bad, bad turnovers.  I think that game was the first time I have seen a QB throw into quadruple coverage.  Those were some of the most gift wrapped INTs I have ever seen.

apart from those, UF held FSU under 100 yards.  If UF had a bad offense, they win that game.  But their offense is worse than bad.  I don't even have words for it.
Really neither FSU or UF fans have much to be proud of right now.

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 04, 2011, 08:41:58 AM

wow, you must not have seen the anemic offensive performance against Virginia then, because FSU's "O" has disappeared.  Yes, UF's defense played a great game, but please don't try to tell me that UF lost because of UF's offense(that it was not FSU's D), then brag about your "D"?  Great defenses create turnovers and make QB's look silly.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#78 : December 04, 2011, 09:15:14 AM

wow, you must not have seen the anemic offensive performance against Virginia then, because FSU's "O" has disappeared.  Yes, UF's defense played a great game, but please don't try to tell me that UF lost because of UF's offense(that it was not FSU's D), then brag about your "D"?  Great defenses create turnovers and make QB's look silly.

i agree to a point.  but which of UF's turnovers were caused by the defense and not poor QB decisions?  was it the rainbow deep throw which allowed 4 defenders to get there?  was it reid's pick where he wasnt even covering the intended receiver?  was it brissets throw as he was being tackled?  maybe the 4th INT, luckily i cant even remember that one.

fsu does have a great defense...but they didnt cause the INT's imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 04, 2011, 09:52:54 AM

all im gonna say is the players have to make the plays. its not like brissett just heaved that pick up, he did have a defensive end all over him influencing that pick. id say they had a hand in forcing one or two. a couple were definately bad decisions and then our guys made plays. either way the offense didnt do much. im not sure what jimbo was doing with the offense in that game. he admitted he started calling the game to not lose. that was the most vanilla offense ive ever seen. i dont understand why he did it. he really wasnt trying

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 04, 2011, 11:20:02 AM

if EJ manuel had thrown the same pick that brissett did, fsu fans would be all over him.  it wouldnt have been, "jeez, that DE made such a great play there was nothing EJ could do but throw a pick".  it would have been, "what a crappy decision to try to throw the ball in the middle of the field while you are being tossed to the ground".

its funny, because just a couple plays earlier brisset was in the same situation and threw the ball away.  i thought it was a great decision by the freshman. 

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

#81 : December 04, 2011, 11:28:13 AM

Yes I am going to keep saying UF lost because of their offense, because that is what happened.  If you can't see that, you need to take off the Garnet and Gold glasses.
Again, they held FSU under 100 yards for the entire game, FSU also had nearly as many penalty yards as total yards, UF nearly put out double the yards FSU did.  Not a common thing to lose when the circumstances are like that.  3 of the 4 INTs were completely on UF's QBs.  FSU really did very little to earn that game, and If I was an FSU fan I would actually be mad at Jimbo for the handling of the team this year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#82 : December 04, 2011, 12:29:10 PM

Yes I am going to keep saying UF lost because of their offense, because that is what happened.  If you can't see that, you need to take off the Garnet and Gold glasses.
Again, they held FSU under 100 yards for the entire game, FSU also had nearly as many penalty yards as total yards, UF nearly put out double the yards FSU did.  Not a common thing to lose when the circumstances are like that.  3 of the 4 INTs were completely on UF's QBs.  FSU really did very little to earn that game, and If I was an FSU fan I would actually be mad at Jimbo for the handling of the team this year.

FSU's defense earned that win. take off the gator glasses. UF did nothing to prove they could win that game. your telling me that our defense did nothing when you had a 4th and 1 and you lost 12 yards? the defense had nothing to do with that? you couldnt run the ball, the defense had nothing to do with that? FSU's offense did very little but did capitalize on the turnovers. thats the difference in the game. it doesnt matter how many yards you have if you cant stop turning it over and you cant score. i realize you are mad but give credit where its due. you lost, we won. im not beating my chest here because we hardly dominated and we werent impressive , but in the end we got the W

in the end it was a crap game and not worthy of some of the others in this series. it is what it is

as an FSU fan i am absolutely not happy with how our offense performed down the stretch this year. we need to hire a real offensive coordinator and have jimbo just be the coach

Runole

Hall of Famer
#83 : December 04, 2011, 05:26:39 PM

For those not happy with the offense at FSU this season.

Name (1) top 20 team with an offensive line consisting of 4 (first year) starters and a QB in his first year as the designated starter?

Answer- There are NONE!

Fisher got the lead and played it safe..  Winning is all that matters and beating both Miami and UF (2) years in a row is never a bad thing!  Especially when it involves recruiting in state.

Next years OL will be much better and everyone that is no jeering will be cheering.   EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS THE BEST TEACHER!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 04, 2011, 08:25:59 PM

Funny thing about that comment is I would say UF's defense outplayed FSU's in the game.  The points came off bad, bad, bad turnovers.  I think that game was the first time I have seen a QB throw into quadruple coverage.  Those were some of the most gift wrapped INTs I have ever seen.

apart from those, UF held FSU under 100 yards.  If UF had a bad offense, they win that game.  But their offense is worse than bad.  I don't even have words for it.
Really neither FSU or UF fans have much to be proud of right now.

c'mon bro that is loser talk.  "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves."  LOL.    By that logic i guess i could say we gift wrapped that 4th qtr score for you with a fumble otherwise you would have been shut out.  By your logic i could also argue you didn't hold us under 100 yards, we beat ourselves with penalties and missed assignments.  Gimme a break.  Here is the truth:  both defenses outplayed the offenses but the difference was we forced multiple turnovers and cashed in on them for 3 tds.  we beat up your qbs all day long and pressured them into those picks.  You can point to yardage totals all you want but the the reality is we grabbed an early lead and maintained control of the game throughout the contest.   Yes, Jimbo got very conservative on offense but we dominated the field position battle with our tough defense and ST.   There was no way you guys were coming back once you fell behind by two scores early. 

I'm obviously not happy with our record this year.  A decisive bowl game win will put a better taste in my mouth heading into the offseason though.  But overall, our future looks brighter than either UM or UF going forward.   
: December 04, 2011, 10:49:04 PM rpc1978

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#85 : December 05, 2011, 10:18:07 PM

I'm actually pretty pissed about our performance (FSU), but to your point, I do admit that if EJ had thrown 4 interceptions that I would be blaming him, not crediting the defense.

All things being equal, this season stunk for both schools so I am not planning to pull this game off the shelf for bragging rights...let's just play taps for our collective seasons and hope next year looks better, huh?  Heck, let's just hate on Miami together.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : December 06, 2011, 01:11:05 PM

I'm actually pretty pissed about our performance (FSU), but to your point, I do admit that if EJ had thrown 4 interceptions that I would be blaming him, not crediting the defense.

All things being equal, this season stunk for both schools so I am not planning to pull this game off the shelf for bragging rights...let's just play taps for our collective seasons and hope next year looks better, huh?  Heck, let's just hate on Miami together.

deal!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#87 : December 10, 2011, 06:06:09 PM

i agree to a point.  but which of UF's turnovers were caused by the defense and not poor QB decisions?  was it the rainbow deep throw which allowed 4 defenders to get there?

Bad QB

was it reid's pick where he wasnt even covering the intended receiver?

Again Bad QB

was it brissets throw as he was being tackled?  maybe the 4th INT, luckily i cant even remember that one.

Great play by the DE. To quote Monte "DBs cause sacks and the DL causes INTs"

fsu does have a great defense...but they didnt cause the INT's imo.

They have a "good" defense, I'll even go "very good".

But I'm saving great for Bama and LSU, those two are in a whole different class on D

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools