Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How did Rich Rodriguez get another job? « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: November 22, 2011, 03:34:47 AM

Not sure if we have any Arizona fans on this board. But how the hell did he manage to get another job? He was awful at MIchigan and left a terrible impression with WVU.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 22, 2011, 09:23:18 AM

I think he's a good hire for Arizona.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2011, 06:25:42 PM

arizona cant be much worse and its a good fresh start for him on the west coast far away from his last two teams. hes not a bad coach, he just didnt have the players he needed at michigan. he was trying to fit a bunch of square pegs in round holes. he can at least start fresh with arizona. pretty sure a couple 6 and 7 win seasons will be just fine with the crowd out there to start with

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2011, 06:57:49 PM

arizona cant be much worse and its a good fresh start for him on the west coast far away from his last two teams. hes not a bad coach, he just didnt have the players he needed at michigan. he was trying to fit a bunch of square pegs in round holes. he can at least start fresh with arizona. pretty sure a couple 6 and 7 win seasons will be just fine with the crowd out there to start with

I agree with this. I don't think Rich Rod is a bad coach, I just think it was a mistake for Michigan to hire the guy in the first place. I've lived in Ann Arbor long enough to know that the Rich Rod hire was doomed before it started. Michigan fans are a traditional bunch, and there was never really anything more than a luke-warm reception to the spread offense here. I personally think he only needed about 1 or 2 more recruiting classes to get things rolling here, but there was no way he was going to get the time he needed. There will be less pressure to win right away at Arizona. He'll have time to get the players he needs to make his system work there.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2011, 08:42:48 PM

exactly. arizona isnt exactly a powerhouse. i cant remember the last time arizona was even good. michigan is a blueblood. you cant be below average or even just average there. they have too much tradition and history to put up with anything less. michgan wants to be the typical big ten school. run the ball, big slow players. they dont want a finesse wide open passing and option attack. michigan is the type of school that wants to stay in the 50s for better or worse. theres nothing wrong with that, its just who they are and its what they do well

im curious to see what hes going to do at arizona. i imagine they will look like oregon in a couple of years if given enough time

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 23, 2011, 01:15:47 PM

Thought he did a great job turning around WVU. The way left was sour, but before that he was loved.

CBW hit the problem at Mich. They had a "win now" expectation and he tried to bring in an entirely new system without the right type of players. AZ is more BBall than Fball and the expectations are much lower. If he gets 3 years to recruit the right kids, I think he'll do fine.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 23, 2011, 11:02:06 PM

Your telling me Denard wasn't a good fit for the spread offense?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 24, 2011, 12:05:40 PM

Your telling me Denard wasn't a good fit for the spread offense?

Michigan's offense wasn't the problem for Rodriguez.  Their defense was awful.  That's why they paid former Gator/Raven DC Greg Mattison to come to Ann Arbor.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 25, 2011, 04:06:41 PM

that defense was beyond horrible. no amount of offense could cover up that awful defense

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 26, 2011, 12:02:57 AM

F that joker :)

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How did Rich Rodriguez get another job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools