Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton reporting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 15, 2011, 03:04:54 AM

How can you say he's an amazing motivator when his teams quit on him so often?

Go watch the Packers game. Raheem's inability to get this team to play with that fire every week is the reason I want him fired. He can do it, he just can't do it consistently.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : December 15, 2011, 03:06:21 AM

I don't know if that really is on ownership.   As head coach, it's Raheem's responsibility to bring in all the coaching help he thinks he needs.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 15, 2011, 03:18:52 AM

Go watch the Packers game. Raheem's inability to get this team to play with that fire every week is the reason I want him fired. He can do it, he just can't do it consistently.

If he can only get the team motivated to play decent football 3 weeks out of 13...then he is hardly an "amazing motivator" he is a below average motivator who, on occasion, has his team ready...you could even argue that the 3 games that they played well in were matchups in which the players could easily get themselves mentally ready for....two divisional games and a chance to take down the champs. To say that Raheem is anything more than mediocre at anything, would be a wild overstatement. 

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : December 15, 2011, 03:23:07 AM

Any coach will tell you that it is not necessary to motivate the team when they play the superbowl champions from the previous season.    The players themselves will get up for that.   Motivation is part of the head coach's job when they play the teams with the lesser records.   Morris gets zero credit for firing the team up for the Packers.    If he was doing his job, they would have been fired up for games against teams like the Jags, 49ers, and Panthers.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 15, 2011, 03:26:04 AM

I don't know that the Bucs were really motivated in the sense of excellence, but rather were afraid of humiliation with a realistic possibility that GB could put 60 on them. That's not really motivation in the sense we're talking about.

In Verner We Trust

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 15, 2011, 03:29:49 AM

I don't know if that really is on ownership.   As head coach, it's Raheem's responsibility to bring in all the coaching help he thinks he needs.

...or who the Glazers are willing to pay for. Look at the salaries of the Bucs coaches and Im willing to bet they are in within the cheapest 5 in the league.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 15, 2011, 03:31:58 AM

...or who the Glazers are willing to pay for

Pure Speculation / cop-out. I gotta side with Java here.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JohnBuc06

Starter

#37 : December 15, 2011, 08:01:11 AM

He's just not ready to be a head coach. He's an amazing motivator, I give him props for that, but he is just not a people manager, and that's just as important.

And judging by his defense the past couple of years he wasn't ready to be the DC either.  ::)

JohnBuc06

Starter

#38 : December 15, 2011, 08:02:34 AM

...or who the Glazers are willing to pay for. Look at the salaries of the Bucs coaches and Im willing to bet they are in within the cheapest 5 in the league.

As much as I've slammed the Glazers I do think the staff issue is on Raheem.  I doubt any potential coaches were told no because of money.  Heck we got 2 D-Line coaches.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#39 : December 15, 2011, 08:05:13 AM

Hire Olsen as a Interim coach...and promote Alex Van Pelt to OC.....he did that in Buffalo

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 15, 2011, 08:06:15 AM

I am positive one DL coaches or LB coaches could serve as an DC for the next few weeks.....not buying that

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 15, 2011, 08:10:36 AM

In terms of Clayton's report, there is usually a fire burning where there is smoke.  While the report may have his own "opinion" tossed in, it makes sense of you think about it.

I've said all along that Rah started wrong when he befriended the players.  Confidants should have come later....much later.

Look at some of the other younger HC's......Tomlin gained immediate respect in PGH....he's no nonsense and has the respect of his players/coaches.  Indeed he has had an advantage with **CENSORED** LaBeau (best DC I've ever witnessed) on his staff.  But you can easily see that he commands respect and gets it.  I know someone here is going to bring up James Harrison and his "issues" but you sure can't compare him to Suh either.  Point here is that Tomlin did not go into PGH and buddy up with the roster.  Ditto for Harbaugh in SF (and his brother in BAL).

Everyone has their own "management style" and I get that.  But your style must fit the business and the business situation.  IMO, Raheem did it all wrong, most likely due to "immaturity" on his part.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 15, 2011, 08:17:43 AM

Hot damn.  some Raheem slurpers  here in serious denial.  That was not a speculative comment.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 15, 2011, 08:29:33 AM

I like Raheem as a person.  He seems like a really good guy and he might be a good HC down the line, but not now.  He's not ready.  I hope this is true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

watson

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 15, 2011, 08:29:52 AM

Wonder if it had anything to do with Dominick coming out of the coaches box on Sunday with an Ashen look on his face?  With the new rumors about the Talib situation also surfacing, it looks like some distancing is starting to happen.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: John Clayton reporting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools