Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Experienced coach or up and comer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

weston823

Second String

« : December 19, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »

If there is a coaching change, would you guys prefer an experienced head coach like Fisher, Cowher ect or a young guy who has been a coordinator some where.

MarineBuc

Starter

« #1 : December 19, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »

No to Cowher...Head Coach and GM need to be different. History has proven that more times than not...total power doesn't work

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 19, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

I wouldn't mind Fisher or Cowher.   I wouldn't mind Jay Gruden or Rob Ryan either.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #3 : December 19, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »

I think they need a name that fans will recognize - for good or bad....

I'd prefer an up-and-comer. Would Jay Gruden come here? I don't know...but he's definitely recognizable.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 19, 2011, 09:35:16 AM »

OK, why would we want Jay "WCO" Gruden here? No thanks, we've seen that song and dance with Olson and it isn't what our QB does well.

I think we get an up and comer just because cost for "name" guy would be too much. I'm sure the Glazers would love to get a "personality" type guy who could pull tickets by himself and get fans worked up but I'm not sure who that guy is but I suspect it'll be part of the calculation.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

player101

Starter
« #5 : December 19, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »

I want an experienced guy (FIsher would be my choice) but most experienced guys are going to want assurances that money is not going to be an issue. IMO, the Glazers are not going to agree to this. I am thinking the they  will go with an up and comer or just keep Raheem with new coordinators. This will also allow them to keep their low cost FO in place which is likely a priority.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

tonto

Starter

« #6 : December 19, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »

Head Coach and GM need to be different. History has proven that more times than not...total power doesn't work

I agree Coach and GM should not be one in the same, however, I like the idea of a package deal, i.e.,  if one goes, they both go.  That way they are usually on the same page, and one can't throw the other under the bus.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #7 : December 19, 2011, 09:46:54 AM »

Can't we get an experienced up-and-comer, a la Mike Zimmer?

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

weston823

Second String

« #8 : December 19, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

The only good news for the new coach is that Glazers have to spend in 2013.  If there is a new coach will he be willing to deal with low spending team in 2012? 

tonto

Starter

« #9 : December 19, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »

I want an experienced guy (FIsher would be my choice) but most experienced guys are going to want assurances that money is not going to be an issue. IMO, the Glazers are not going to agree to this. I am thinking the they  will go with an up and comer or just keep Raheem with new coordinators. This will also allow them to keep their low cost FO in place which is likely a priority.

The next few months will be telling.  Who knows, it might surprise a lot of folks.

DailyRich68

Starter
« #10 : December 19, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

The only good news for the new coach is that Glazers have to spend in 2013.  If there is a new coach will he be willing to deal with low spending team in 2012?

If it means a high draft pick, maybe.

And if I hear anyone mention Del Rio, there's going to be trouble.

indiana76buc

Second String

« #11 : December 19, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

i want a defensive minded head coach fisher schottenheimer or rob ryan would be my preference

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 19, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »

Experienced.  a guy that has proven to be able to win a super bowl.  and a guy that isn't too old so the team can grow with.  and of coarse he has to be avail.  hmmmmm.  Jon Gruden is the only one to fit that bill.

tonto

Starter

« #13 : December 19, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »

i want a defensive minded head coach fisher schottenheimer or rob ryan would be my preference

I doubt if Marty's throwing his hat in the ring.  Or did you mean Brian?  He's the Jets O coach but he's got defensive coaching in his blood for sure.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #14 : December 19, 2011, 10:32:53 AM »

I still don't get the love for Fisher.  Rob Ryan or Gregg Williams MAYBE could turn this crappy D around.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Experienced coach or up and comer? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools