Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 87

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 25, 2012, 07:35:54 PM

The Rays are reportedly about to sign Jeff Keppinger.  He's nothing special, but a decent utility infielder.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 25, 2012, 11:18:12 PM

MLB.com names Matt Moore baseball's number 1 prospect.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/index.jsp

I concur.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 01, 2012, 11:08:23 AM

Russ Canzler to the tribe for Cash...

Not sure about that one, I liked the depth option he provided us. Also think he might be a solid MLB bat...

Oh well, I'm gonna trust the FO on this one.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 01, 2012, 03:16:03 PM

Dan Johnson to the White Sox...

Going to miss him, don't care how much he sucked, still one of the most clutch players in Ray's history.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 02, 2012, 10:17:55 PM

A little video I edited showing the Rays magical finish to the regular season.

I am going to miss the Magic of Kotch and Dan Johnson, but hopefully this team will be much better off in 2012 with Scott and Pena.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 04, 2012, 08:51:51 AM

It was one amazing and wild evening wasn't kodiak

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 08, 2012, 05:33:30 AM

I was reading an article about Josh Leuke's about his case for the bull pen and its a pretty good read. Guy has some good swing and miss stuff. He throws a hard FB too at 94 and his off pitches sit 80-82.

Beckham played 2B and Lee was SS against the Yanks. The future infield? Zobrist is a great defensive player though so that'll be hard for Timmy to take over that spot within 1-2 years. At the end of his contract though in 2013-2014 he becomes expandable if Beckham ever develops that bat properly. If Pena and Scott pan out this team is going to surprise folks. Our pitching from 1-5 smokes the Sox and Yanks. Might even tempted to say I'll take our BP over the Red Sox.
: March 08, 2012, 05:36:14 AM Detrimental

-ts

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 09, 2012, 07:06:57 PM

I see Becks ending up in the outfield.

I like how the BP is coming together, it will be very deep.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 09, 2012, 08:44:18 PM

I am still overwhelmed by the starters.  Been watch MLB for over 40 years and I simply do not recall so many outstanding young arms in one organizations.  And Matt Moore - Over the MOON with that kid

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

-ts

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 09, 2012, 09:37:49 PM

I think Matt Moore will be Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay status. I believe he is that good and has that kind of makeup.

I think Davis ends up in the Pen and with some work I think he could be a great late innings high leverage situation guy.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 10, 2012, 06:01:17 AM

So Jennings-Beck- ?

Gotta keep developing young arms. Its the only way we will stay relevant b/c pitching keeps you in games. We have no choice as a small market team BUT to keep drafting pitchers. GOD I pray the MLB does something about the cap. Small market teams losing their stars over the past years have really crippled franchises. The thought of Longoria or Price going to different teams haunt me to this day. Elite 3B, are rare breeds man.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 10, 2012, 02:23:52 PM

So Jennings-Beck- ?

Gotta keep developing young arms. Its the only way we will stay relevant b/c pitching keeps you in games. We have no choice as a small market team BUT to keep drafting pitchers. GOD I pray the MLB does something about the cap. Small market teams losing their stars over the past years have really crippled franchises. The thought of Longoria or Price going to different teams haunt me to this day. Elite 3B, are rare breeds man.
I'm thinking Jennings - Beck - Joyce in the post BJ future.

Down the road we have Vettleson coming on.

If I was to bet Price is gone. Which will suck but at the same time we have Moore and Longoria locked up for awhile, so hopefully by the time it comes to paying Longoria we can afford it.
: March 10, 2012, 02:25:30 PM -ts

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 10, 2012, 05:44:08 PM

For those with MLB Network, it's Rays v. Red Sox @ 7pm tonight.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 17, 2012, 09:07:53 AM

What do you all think about the Rays season this year? Are we playoff bound even though the AL got stronger as a whole? Particularly the AL West.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 17, 2012, 09:53:43 AM

What do you all think about the Rays season this year? Are we playoff bound even though the AL got stronger as a whole? Particularly the AL West.

I think the Rays are definitely playoff contenders, especially with the added wild card spot.

I do think Friedman missed a chance to add another bat by trading one of the seven MLB-quality starters.  That might come back to bite him.  Also, they need to get rid of Upton's arse ASAP.  I'm so sick of watching him loaf around the field and piss away his talent.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 87
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools