Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1215 : December 06, 2012, 02:24:01 PM

If the Rays think they deserve more than the Minor League Player of the Year for Shields, they are mistaken.  If Myers really is on the table for Shields, they gotta take it.  The organization needs another young, power bat.  Badly.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1216 : December 06, 2012, 03:52:33 PM

Josh Hamilton sure would look good in a Rays uni.
Pass.

That guy never deserves another cent from this team. I don't think I could ever welcome him back here.

Not too mention he is made of glass and is still battling his inner junkie.

Dude has been clean for 7 years and 2 months.

There is a article in Wednesday's USA Today about him.  He wanted 7 years, 175mil.

But now realizes no one will pay that, so he is available to the highest bidder.
I don't care if he says he has been clean for 50 years, I doubt he has been clean the past year let alone 7. I would never trust him.

Again he isn't worth any contract to this team IMO.

And he is still made of glass.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1217 : December 06, 2012, 09:54:48 PM

Pass.

That guy never deserves another cent from this team. I don't think I could ever welcome him back here.

There is a article in Wednesday's USA Today about him.  He wanted 7 years, 175mil.

But now realizes no one will pay that, so he is available to the highest bidder.
I don't care if he says he has been clean for 50 years, I doubt he has been clean the past year let alone 7. I would never trust him.

The article also stated he is the most drug tested athlete in MLB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1218 : December 09, 2012, 02:21:46 AM

Pass.

The article also stated he is the most drug tested athlete in MLB.
Good call bro. No one has ever beat drug tests. Especially a really good player. They are completely honest folk!

Again. I don't care what he, nor any other article trying to ride a good "heartfelt" (junkie turned his life around) story stays.

I wouldn't sign the guy for a penny if he paid me a dollar.

....... and he is still made of glass.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1219 : December 09, 2012, 10:00:15 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/david-price-likely-to-become-too-costly-for-rays-to-keep/1265339

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1220 : December 09, 2012, 10:00:54 PM

The Rays may be in a better position to deal one of their starting pitchers, as their value should be enhanced in talks with the Rangers, Royals, Diamondbacks, Rockies, or whichever other teams are interested, according to the Tampa Bay Times' Marc Topkin.
After losing out on Greinke, the Rangers will turn their attention to R.A. **CENSORED**ey, James Shields, and possibly Anibal Sanchez, writes Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com.
Rangers GM Jon Daniels told reporters, including T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, "We'd like to add to our starting depth and we'd like to acquire an impact guy. But we're not casting a wide net to add a starter at any cost.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hTmdt080emhd7p6d.99

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#1221 : December 09, 2012, 10:50:59 PM

Wow.

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Rays will send James Shields and Wade Davis to #Royals for Wil Myers and other prospects.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1222 : December 09, 2012, 10:53:51 PM

Shields and Davis?    wow, interesting to see who the other prospects would be

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1223 : December 09, 2012, 11:04:13 PM

Huge trade. looking like a lot more to come out of it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1224 : December 09, 2012, 11:09:30 PM

Royals To Acquire James Shields, Wade Davis
By Daniel Seco [December 9 at 10:02pm CST]

The Royals have bolstered their starting rotation for 2013 thanks to the addition of two quality pitchers. Kansas City has agreed to acquire James Shields and Wade Davis from Tampa Bay in exchange for Wil Myers and a series of prospects, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times (via Twitter). The deal may not be complete as additional players could end up in the final exchange between the two teams, suggests Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5wbsKQppf108Idul.99

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1225 : December 09, 2012, 11:09:59 PM

So Price, Hellickson, Moore, Nieman, and Cobbe?

-ts

Hall of Famer
#1226 : December 09, 2012, 11:13:15 PM

I would bet Archer ends up in there at some point early on, if not right out of the gates.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#1227 : December 09, 2012, 11:15:02 PM

Rays got Odorizzi too.  That's nuts.  Rays completely raped the Royals on this one.

ST. PETERSBURG The Rays made a massive trade Sunday that impacts their current and future teams, sending pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals for blue-chip outfield prospect Wil Myers and three other prospects, right-hander Jake Odorizzi, left-hander Mike Montgomery and third baseman Patrick Leonard.

BTW, cross-board referencing here, but THIS is why working to try to save your job rather than what's best for your team ends in disaster.  Dayton Moore (Royals GM) is trying to save his ass by making this move, and it will completely destroy the Royals in 2 years.
: December 09, 2012, 11:24:47 PM TheAman

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1228 : December 09, 2012, 11:24:51 PM

I would bet Archer ends up in there at some point early on, if not right out of the gates.

well Nieman is going to get hurt at some point and now that we trade away Shields and Davis I'm sure we'll end up with another injury to the staff

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#1229 : December 09, 2012, 11:32:16 PM

Odorizzi is close to major-league ready, if not already major-league ready.  He could very easily step in to the rotation.
Page: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 87
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools