Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Sailing2smth

Starter

#15 : January 02, 2012, 08:37:04 PM

I just heard on NFLN that Cowher would have considered the NYG job if they missed the playoffs and Coughlin was terminated but short of that he wouldn't consider the openings presently available.

DAMN!

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2012, 08:37:08 PM

Billick deserves to be interviewed.  He also has the clout and contacts to put together a good staff

Badabingnrt

Starter

#17 : January 02, 2012, 08:37:16 PM

I just heard on NFLN that Cowher would have considered the NYG job if they missed the playoffs and Coughlin was terminated but short of that he wouldn't consider the openings presently available.

Exactly.  Guys like Cowher and Gruden will only leave the booth for "already built" teams and/or big market clubs whose owners will spend money to put the coach in a position to succeed.

This includes New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, and New York Giants.

Considering I don't see New England, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh changes coaches anytime soon, nor do I see the other three on that list changes coaches this season, you can expect them to remain the booth.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#18 : January 02, 2012, 08:40:36 PM

Exactly.  Guys like Cowher and Gruden will only leave the booth for "already built" teams and/or big market clubs whose owners will spend money to put the coach in a position to succeed.

This includes New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Dallas, and New York Giants.

Considering I don't see New England, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh changes coaches anytime soon, nor do I see the other three on that list changes coaches this season, you can expect them to remain the booth.

And thats what I am scared of, the Glazers taking the cheap way out and hiring another no name guy.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2012, 08:44:13 PM

So lets hurry up and get the token interview out of the way, and move on to real business. My guess is we'll have a new coach by the end of the week.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

Anyone have links to something saying Billick has any interest in working again other than internet speculation? He wasn't part of the usual "will he won't he" last year either.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#21 : January 02, 2012, 08:46:31 PM

And thats what I am scared of, the Glazers taking the cheap way out and hiring another no name guy.

The problem for the Glazers is that they might not be able to lure a "big name" coach to Tampa.

Jeff Fisher is going to get the money he wants and choose whatever team he wants.  It looks like we are the best team, talent wise, of the available: Rams, Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars; but the Rams have already set up an interview with him and he has a high pick in next years draft with a young QB to work with already.

I don't think the Glazers could do much worse then their last Head coach hiring, but I seriously doubt they go with a no namer.  They will go with a coach that has experience and probably one that is over-rated, but at this point they need to win over the fans again, so expect a name hiring. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 02, 2012, 08:49:21 PM

That said, Billick would love to come here.

And I'd prefer him over Fisher

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 02, 2012, 08:50:37 PM

Put on yourself a short-lived wait while reading what there is to peruse here on movies and time. Treatment this pause to contemplate on what you entertain so dilapidated written on movies after fun.         

http://movieYYYYsforfun.YYYYYYYYYYorg/don_juan_demarco_subtitles.html

THis board really needs captcha.  Don't click on the link.

EDIT.  Broke the link so no oopsies...

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 02, 2012, 08:57:29 PM

Come on now, be realistic. The guy's gonna have a name. Maybe not one anyone has ever heard before but he'll have a name although it would be kinda cool if he wore a mask like in wrestling.

And now from parts unknown, weight unknown the new coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers The Coachenator.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2012, 08:59:58 PM

and I would love for him to come here.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2012, 09:00:34 PM

And now from parts unknown, weight unknown the new coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers The Coachenator.

No you'd want to go El Hombre Secreto!

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#27 : January 02, 2012, 09:03:14 PM

And I'd prefer him over Fisher

+1

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#28 : January 02, 2012, 09:04:18 PM

No you'd want to go El Hombre Secreto!

That's more what I was looking for. I had typed El and then hit a blank. Good job!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 02, 2012, 09:37:53 PM

Cowher is the only guy mentioned worth a shot. Fisher, Billick, Mariuchi, and Green would be huge mistakes.

I'd love to see Schottenheimer get a shot. He has a track record as an elite coach unlike those others. The only thing missing from his resume is a Superbowl win. Let's give him the chance.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools