Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

moose40

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 02, 2012, 09:41:39 PM

Cowher is the only guy mentioned worth a shot. Fisher, Billick, Mariuchi, and Green would be huge mistakes.

I'd love to see Schottenheimer get a shot. He has a track record as an elite coach unlike those others. The only thing missing from his resume is a Superbowl win. Let's give him the chance.

I'd find it funny (for a second) if Denny was named. Good lord, could you imagine the death threats the Glazers would get from hiring a control freak like Denny

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 02, 2012, 10:08:25 PM

That said, Billick would love to come here.

And I'd prefer him over Fisher

+1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 02, 2012, 10:10:43 PM

Anyone have links to something saying Billick has any interest in working again other than internet speculation? He wasn't part of the usual "will he won't he" last year either.

No link, but I believe his Baltimore money finally dried up.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 02, 2012, 10:11:33 PM

The other good thing regarding Billick is he has been out of coaching for a few years and should come back to the coaching ranks refreshed, motivated and energized.  Hopefully, he was able to gain some additional perspective as a game analyist and also had time to really think about what he did right and wrong and how to improve since he left Baltimore.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 02, 2012, 10:12:23 PM

Sorry - if the Glazers gave Cowher a blank check, he would coach here.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 02, 2012, 10:16:55 PM

That said, Billick would love to come here.

Really?  Is this speculation or did he state that on the coaches show?

I hope the Glazers fired Morris for a reason and go after either Cowher or Billick, not someone that does not have any HC experience in this league (and no Fisher!)

^^This

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#36 : January 02, 2012, 10:21:52 PM

Knowing the Glazers it wouldn't be signed. I wonder if he'd catch that in time.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 02, 2012, 10:28:10 PM

Knowing the Glazers it wouldn't be signed. I wonder if he'd catch that in time.

Ha! Maybe that's why Parcels didn't accept!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 02, 2012, 11:10:43 PM

Billick would sell tickets.....if its up to Dom we will never see Billick unless the Glazers hire him and then make Dom a figure head or just fire him outright.

cgnumber7

Starter

#39 : January 02, 2012, 11:20:15 PM

I want fischer, not sure he would be the best candidate, but I would really LOVE rooting for this team again if he was coach, just something feel good about him like it felt with dungy.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#40 : January 02, 2012, 11:20:51 PM

Billick would sell tickets.....if its up to Dom we will never see Billick unless the Glazers hire him and then make Dom a figure head or just fire him outright.

Ticket sellers only make around minimum wage. I wouldn't think Billick is that desperate. I was thinking head coach for him.

Why would Dom object to Billick in either job though? I've never read anything that sounded like this is in his character.

fourd5dswb

Second String

#41 : January 02, 2012, 11:22:41 PM

I'll take Schottenhiemer, Fisher, or Mooch. Hell, I'd be excited to give Rob Ryan a shot. But I would love to see Marty build us a winning team.

cgnumber7

Starter

#42 : January 02, 2012, 11:25:07 PM

ha funny axxon

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#43 : January 02, 2012, 11:26:10 PM

Fisher is the best option for this team.. I dont think he's the best head coach available, but the staff and relationship with several potential free agents is why he is in high demand.

This team would be amazing if they got Fisher(HC) Turner (OC) Gregg Williams (DC)

Brian Billick SDSU pride!

sloppyjoe1

Starter

#44 : January 02, 2012, 11:28:46 PM

Coach B is correct. And from what I understand, the Bucs understand that as well and will not be waiting too long.

They say that there is no time table, but of course they will make a decision soon.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on coaches show... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools