Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers' coaching search raises vexing issues « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 14, 2012, 11:15:34 PM

Its more of a criticism of the Glazers. Basically Shelton is saying no decent coach will come here because the organization is poorly ran and the Glazers wont spend any more money than they legally have to.

True or not...the perception of this is out there. And it could very well damage the coaching search if candidates believe this.

Shelton did not mention anything about money in the article.

Cool story bro.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 14, 2012, 11:35:02 PM

Good article.

The Glazers set the tone.

Fans loved Fisher, but it was a foregone conclusion that the Bucs wouldn't even interview the guy. Same to be said of free agents.

After 6 years of not winning a playoff game, we start over with bare cupboards building a based almost solely on the draft with a reduced front office and rookie gm. We give a rookie head coach one of the cheapest rosters in the league for three years in a row.

We don't even keep pace with the league. This year was a perfect and condemning example.

We all have opinions, and i don't generally dislike anyone for theirs. I don't enjoy thinking my Bucs' owners are profiteering, but it's kinda undeniable at this point. I think it's pretty obviousThe longer everyone puts up with it, the longer we'll embrace inconsistency...and lots of spin.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 15, 2012, 12:43:54 AM

Fans loved Fisher,
Huh? I could've taken him or left him.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 15, 2012, 01:12:49 AM

Well, for the record, the Glazers have wanted to bring in Sean Peyton, Mike McCarthy, Bill Bellichek, Jim/John Harbaugh, and and Tom Caughlin, but they've been busy the past few weeks.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 15, 2012, 01:31:30 AM

With ownership like the Glazers, it is no wonder why even washed up ex-HC's will not come to Tampa. It's just that bad.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 15, 2012, 03:01:24 AM

Fans loved Fisher,

Same here

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 15, 2012, 07:58:54 AM

Fans loved Fisher,

Same here

And here as well.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#22 : January 15, 2012, 08:01:09 AM

Cool story bro.
Most of all, however, we have learned the Bucs job, despite a talented young quarterback and a promising defensive line, might not sound quite as attractive as some might have you believe. Just asking here, but could it be that some coaches don't see the stability or the track record of spending that helps make winning possible? Why else?

If he's not talking about money then what spending aren't we doing? Magic beans?

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 15, 2012, 08:07:57 AM

All the marquee coaches out there are bypassing the Bu... oh wait, there are no marquee coaches out there.

Here's the thing though. There almost never are any marquee coaches out there. Teams generally don't fire marquee coaches. Except for rare cases like Cowher, you're pretty much picking from guys who got fired somewhere and have baggage and up and comers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 15, 2012, 08:12:28 AM

Cool story bro.
Most of all, however, we have learned the Bucs job, despite a talented young quarterback and a promising defensive line, might not sound quite as attractive as some might have you believe. Just asking here, but could it be that some coaches don't see the stability or the track record of spending that helps make winning possible? Why else?

If he's not talking about money then what spending aren't we doing? Magic beans?

Shelton did mention money in his article - specifically "Most of all, however, we have learned the Bucs job, despite a talented young quarterback and a promising defensive line, might not sound quite as attractive as some might have you believe. Just asking here, but could it be that some coaches don't see the stability or the track record of spending that helps make winning possible? Why else?

Shouldn't the Bucs be asking these same questions? Why wouldn't the best candidates be willing to mud wrestle each other for the Bucs job? If not money, if not organization, what is lacking?"

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bamabucs

Starter

#25 : January 15, 2012, 08:23:23 AM

Gary makes some valid points.

Coaching in Tampa isn't as good as we make it out to be and our roster is among the least talented in the eyes of many. Also I doubt how highly Josh Freeman is being regarded as a talent that can be groomed into a franchise QB. Basically we might end up with a coach no other teams have interest in. Because if other teams have interest in some guy, he isn't coming to Tampa.

And the best point Shelton brings up is the frugality of the owners. Chances are, Glazers will spend the bare minimum necessary to meet the floor this off season and wont do much spending again. Also why would FAs want to come to Tampa? Most probably our ownership will end up overpaying some of our own FAs.

It is also possible that some of the coaching candidates view Raheem as the fall guy to Dominik's so-so drafting and Glazers unwillingness to spend. Overall this franchise looks like the house on the haunted hill which some are reluctant to buy.

Marty Schott expressed interest to coach our team despite all this and I hope our FO hires a guy that sees potential in our team rather than a guy who is just tired of being a coordinator.
: January 15, 2012, 08:29:02 AM bamabucs

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#26 : January 15, 2012, 08:23:43 AM

Cool story bro.

Shelton did mention money in his article - specifically "Most of all, however, we have learned the Bucs job, despite a talented young quarterback and a promising defensive line, might not sound quite as attractive as some might have you believe. Just asking here, but could it be that some coaches don't see the stability or the track record of spending that helps make winning possible? Why else?

Shouldn't the Bucs be asking these same questions? Why wouldn't the best candidates be willing to mud wrestle each other for the Bucs job? If not money, if not organization, what is lacking?"

I actually quoted the exact paragraph that you did. I'm not sure if you missed it or quoted the wrong post or what but your post being addressed to me seems weird to me since we agree.

Maybe you didn't get the sarcasm of my magic beans line. Sarcasm is hard to get in print and magic beans are very subtle since a lot of transactions are made that way.

BucsWin31

Starter

#27 : January 15, 2012, 09:09:34 AM

Holy crap, I wish I had just read the comments before wasting my time on that...
+1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 15, 2012, 09:30:25 AM

Coaching in Tampa isn't as good as we make it out to be and our roster is among the least talented in the eyes of many. Also I doubt how highly Josh Freeman is being regarded as a talent that can be groomed into a franchise QB. Basically we might end up with a coach no other teams have interest in. Because if other teams have interest in some guy, he isn't coming to Tampa.

And the best point Shelton brings up is the frugality of the owners. Chances are, Glazers will spend the bare minimum necessary to meet the floor this off season and wont do much spending again. Also why would FAs want to come to Tampa? Most probably our ownership will end up overpaying some of our own FAs.

Frugality won't matter in a year because everyone will basically have to spend the same coin. You figure that a coach could look at our roster and salaries and think "Hell, by next year I'll have been on a shopping bender the likes of which no NFL team has ever seen". The money thing doesn't matter.

The fact that our roster has a lack of talent might mean a lot more or even more to the point the fact that our roster has a lot of knuckleheads that need to be weeded out might mean even more than that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 15, 2012, 10:09:15 AM

This guy gets paid to write???
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers' coaching search raises vexing issues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools