Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Cheap" Glazers on Verge of Hiring Expensive Coach « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 23, 2012, 01:17:39 AM

How does having one of the lowest payrolls for 8 years get erased by one coaching hire?  The Glazers have a LOT more to prove to the Tampa Bay area that they are again caring about the Bucs, fans, and Tampa Bay.  They can still kiss my ass.

That's what I've been saying.

Depends on free agency really. If they sit quiet again and feed the fanbase with this bullcrap about building through ONLY the draft again....it wont matter if the coaching is making $10 million a year.

The Bucs spent a ton on free agency this year.  Oh wait, you mean non-Bucs free agents because money paid to Bucs free agents isnt REAL money . . . . gotcha.  The Bucs did not over pay Quiny Black because that was not real money . . .  whew, what a relief.

...and STILL, they were LAST in the NFL in actual spending- by a huge margin.

other than Davin Joseph, name any other 1st or 2nd round pick from the last 5 or 10 years that was worthy of and received a big extension?

Simple answer, there isn't one. However, it could also be argued that when you're that low on payroll, you could BUY talent.

Remember they had money to spend and no one to spend it on, yet they missed out on the likes of J Allen, J Peppers, Sproles(twice), Brandon Marshall, Favre, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Matt Birk, Terrell Suggs, Vilma, Zach Thomas, Nnamdi Asomugha, Lawyer Milloy, Darren Sharper, Lance Briggs, Derek Anderson, Michael Turner, Marion Barber, Randy Moss, Bernard Berrian, Alan Faneca, Asante Samuel, Matt Schaub, Nate Clements, Jake Delhomme, etc.

Point is, they HAD money to throw at players that were considered to be good, yet sat on their hands. It's not that they are "frugal", it's that they plain and simply do nothing.

Someone on that list is leaving for Tampa if they have enough $ thrown at them. I don't buy the "who would want to come here excuse." The game is played for what? ...MONEY!

+1.

The evidence is overwhelming and time is running out...2013....is D day.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 23, 2012, 01:36:26 AM

Is this in your eyes a conclusive bit of evidence that somehow explains away all the years of having such low salaries? lol!  Seams a bit reaching and unearned.

I know its a "bit reaching" to expect you to actually objectively ananlyze facts, but you might want to at least read thru this thread before you type something that dumb

I'm talking to you. I have no idea what else you've posted where.

You continue to evade my original criticism. This, nothing, can change history. If they spent big on a coach, yay. Hope it's a sign that we'll all see something, that unlike many years in the recent and prolonged past, that convinces us that they are committed to win. It's just kind of silly acting to parade that about like it somehow revises the past.

If you can't articulate a reply based on that comment, then I'll just assume that you want none of the discussion.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 23, 2012, 01:38:17 AM

Ok so if the Glazers are indeed cheap and you believe they do nothing to help this team.... Why do you guys even bother being a fan? Why waste your time on here?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 23, 2012, 01:48:16 AM

Honestly, it's time now to get optimistic about what the new direction of the team will begin to look like.

Rewriting the agony that we've all experienced is not happening though.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 23, 2012, 01:58:31 AM

Well, all's I know is, I'M PUMPED FOR OUR NEW COACH!!! :D

G'night fellas! I'm gonna get some shuteye and when I wake up I hope there's a presser annouced! :)

GO BUCS!!!!! 8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Cheap" Glazers on Verge of Hiring Expensive Coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools