Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Shefter confirms Schiano deal finalizing « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#135 : October 14, 2013, 01:27:01 PM

Dark days ahead. :(

you hit the nail on the head my friend. PSYCHIC!

Damn...  :(

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#136 : October 14, 2013, 01:36:08 PM

Damn it .  You got my hopes up he was being fired. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#137 : October 14, 2013, 01:37:10 PM

What a horrible hire and gross incompetency of the Glazers and Mark Dominick. 

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#138 : October 14, 2013, 01:52:01 PM

Altho I suspected this was an old thread I still had hopes this was about his firing.

pzimm7778

Starter
#139 : October 14, 2013, 02:03:18 PM

I don't know why. I just have this feeling you'll see the Glazers or Dominik instead of Schiano at the press conference. I'm probably gonna be wrong but I still think he's axed today.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#140 : October 14, 2013, 02:13:46 PM

We have dedicated ourselves to this build through the draft only plan, and we almost pulled it off. In 2010 we surprised everyone and looked very good. Then in 2011 we were embarrassingly bad. We set records with our ineptitude. Fans had to watch as we went out week after week and put up little to no resistance. It was painfully clear that the team was not being coached up or prepared on a professional level. It was also clear that our team had no confidence and had given up.

More than anything else we needed to assemble a coaching staff for 2011 that was experienced and proven. A staff that could hit the ground running and start getting the most out of the youngest and most inexperienced roster of the NFL. We needed a staff that could stop the downward spiral before it was too late.

Instead we hire another inexperienced defensive backs coach. This guy coaches in college at an Ivy league school. He has less NFL experience than Raheem did. He has as much chance of putting together a proper coaching staff as Raheem did. THIS is a joke. And I can almost guarantee this signing also means we will continue to ignore free agency. Even if we did try to sign top FAs....who the **CENSORED** would come here? We could have a sure fire proven team builder with more NFL experience than our entire previous coaching staff combined in Mart Schottenhiemer. A guy that could have turned this team around and changed the culture in just one year. A guy that would have attracted the top coaches to fill his staff and the top FAs....but we go with this Schiano guy.

If you want to take a chance on a risky unproven college coach when you have an experienced veteran team....fine. Maybe he'll bring the exuberance needed to give your team that extra push  to get over the hump. When you have the youngest most inexperienced roster in the NFL, and you are coming off a historically horrible season....you are on the verge of ruining the little talent you do have. You need a safe, experienced, and proven coach....not a complete gamble.

Horrible....sad...pitiful. I'd love to be wrong and if I am please pull this post up again and again to rub it in my face....but as far as I can see there is nothing to be positive about. This is ridiculous and the Bucs have become a complete joke. We are on the same level as the Browns now. I have supported the Glazers and defended them again and again, but I am ready for new owners. Tired of being a fan of a joke franchise.

We'll we did manage to bring in top FAs.... Unfortunetly I think I nailed the rest of this.

Draft Aaron Donald

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#141 : October 14, 2013, 04:10:52 PM

We have dedicated ourselves to this build through the draft only plan, and we almost pulled it off. In 2010 we surprised everyone and looked very good. Then in 2011 we were embarrassingly bad. We set records with our ineptitude. Fans had to watch as we went out week after week and put up little to no resistance. It was painfully clear that the team was not being coached up or prepared on a professional level. It was also clear that our team had no confidence and had given up.

More than anything else we needed to assemble a coaching staff for 2011 that was experienced and proven. A staff that could hit the ground running and start getting the most out of the youngest and most inexperienced roster of the NFL. We needed a staff that could stop the downward spiral before it was too late.

Instead we hire another inexperienced defensive backs coach. This guy coaches in college at an Ivy league school. He has less NFL experience than Raheem did. He has as much chance of putting together a proper coaching staff as Raheem did. THIS is a joke. And I can almost guarantee this signing also means we will continue to ignore free agency. Even if we did try to sign top FAs....who the **CENSORED** would come here? We could have a sure fire proven team builder with more NFL experience than our entire previous coaching staff combined in Mart Schottenhiemer. A guy that could have turned this team around and changed the culture in just one year. A guy that would have attracted the top coaches to fill his staff and the top FAs....but we go with this Schiano guy.

If you want to take a chance on a risky unproven college coach when you have an experienced veteran team....fine. Maybe he'll bring the exuberance needed to give your team that extra push  to get over the hump. When you have the youngest most inexperienced roster in the NFL, and you are coming off a historically horrible season....you are on the verge of ruining the little talent you do have. You need a safe, experienced, and proven coach....not a complete gamble.

Horrible....sad...pitiful. I'd love to be wrong and if I am please pull this post up again and again to rub it in my face....but as far as I can see there is nothing to be positive about. This is ridiculous and the Bucs have become a complete joke. We are on the same level as the Browns now. I have supported the Glazers and defended them again and again, but I am ready for new owners. Tired of being a fan of a joke franchise.

We'll we did manage to bring in top FAs.... Unfortunetly I think I nailed the rest of this.

You might have been wrong about the top FAs, but it's not like we got them at a discount.  we paid top dollar, and that alone was the reason we snagged them.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Shefter confirms Schiano deal finalizing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools