Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I love football, but I am begining to hate the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#75 : February 08, 2012, 08:09:21 PM

You are a fan of the Buccaneers, who are in the NFL. But you are not a fan of the NFL? Are you familiar with the concept of logic? If someone asked if you liked pro football what would you say? Bottom line is that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers product has been garbage the last few years. Heaven forbid they take away a home game, where we could have filled the stadium half-way and had the game blacked out.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#76 : February 08, 2012, 08:24:15 PM

I didn't hear many complaining about the overseas game and loss of a home game. In fact, 100,000s of Buc fans were able to see the game televised when normally be stuck watching on an illegal internet stream or listening to Dave Moore and Gene Deckerhoff.  Besides, the Glazerhousers have promised not to involve the Bucs in the game for awhile, so you have nothing left to whine about in that regard.

You weren;'t listening to the folks in my section then.  Or the folks I park and tailgate with.  Or the folks who own the property I pay to park on.  Or the concessionaires who  making money for charity in the south end zone.  Those folks have plenty to complain about.  As does anyone who voted for the CIT to fund the stadium based in part on the economic impact of an NFL franchise. 

And as far as the Glazerhouses ( as you so aptly put it)  I will take them at their word- for whatever that is worth.  But the title of this thread also stated "begining to hate the NFL".  The fact that Tampa Bay has \sacraficed two home games in three years and now the Rams are surrendering three in three years is irritating.  If you are asking each franchise to lose a home game on a rotating basis for the good of the league, I still wouldn't like it but would find it more tolerable.  The fact trhat specific owner are acting as willing guinea pigs for a quick check at the expense of their cities is greatly annoying.  It is especially curious that both the Rams and Bucs have owners with soccer interests in England, suggestiong that taking their American teams to London might be a good will tour for their overseas interests.  Thus they are benefiting from a quick check from the NFL, as well as ingratiating themselves with their European markets, at the expense of their home cities.  Tampa and St Louis lose out on both lost revenue and a competitive advantage that might very affect their entire season. 

I will tell you Morgan, I resent the word whine. Doesn't sit well with me.  If you care to disagree, fine.  But please do so in the fashion of a gentleman..   

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#77 : February 08, 2012, 08:31:44 PM

You are a fan of the Buccaneers, who are in the NFL. But you are not a fan of the NFL? Are you familiar with the concept of logic? If someone asked if you liked pro football what would you say? Bottom line is that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers product has been garbage the last few years. Heaven forbid they take away a home game, where we could have filled the stadium half-way and had the game blacked out.

I don't see the disconnect in logic you seem to find.  I know people who can love someone but still dislike them.  I love the game of football.  The NFL has, in my opinion, been drifting away from the brand of football I like best and enjoy.  I don't love the "shield" as Herm Edwards calls it.  I love the sport of football.  Ergo, I support the local professional team.  I pull for them because they are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

As far as losing home games, you clearly don't think it is a big deal.  I do.  As a Bucs fan, I would think you would be concerned with handicaping our team with a competitive disadvantage.  I like to see wins.  Playing a home game in London is not the best wayt to guarantee that happens.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#78 : February 08, 2012, 08:35:30 PM

I respect where you are coming from and appreciate your point of view. At the same time, there is a reason the NFL wants the Bucs and the Rams to host home games in London. It is because we can't fill the stands in our own stadium, might as well take it somewhere where it will be appreciated. If we were a team that consistently went undefeated at home, maybe I would consider it a competitive disadvantage. But up until now, our competitive disadvantage has been our coaches and players.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I love football, but I am begining to hate the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools