Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Uniforms orange and pewter not just red « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 10, 2012, 08:52:54 AM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 10, 2012, 09:09:11 AM

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 10, 2012, 09:12:12 AM

now thats ugly.

The Shadow

Starter

#33 : February 10, 2012, 09:52:03 AM

Well...there's no orange in there.

brewerfan

Practice Squad

#34 : February 17, 2012, 08:12:41 PM

This with white helmet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NW-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-24-Football-Jersey-Womens-LG-/370587013440?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D290671701201%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6404187572599106542

and why don't we actually use a pewter color?
https://www.google.com/search?q=pewter&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Vfu&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=rPs-T9CuDZON0QH-kpmqBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CCIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1175&bih=700
: February 18, 2012, 02:00:08 AM brewerfan

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 17, 2012, 10:10:54 PM

This has bothered me since day one of the new uniforms. I don't complain about it because at this point I don't see it changing....however, Pewter is alloy made from tin. It has a very small amount of copper or lead which can give it a slight brownish or blueish tint, but it is only slight and the overall color is still a grey. I don't understand why we use a metallic brown and call it pewter. I'd love it is we changed the current "pewter" to a flat matte dark grey with no gloss or shininess at all. Some of the college teams have them and I think they stand out and look sharp.

Here is a black version of the flat matte look. I also like the idea of only putting the Bucs logo on one side of the helmet and making it oversized like the Boise State logo in this pic.

Also, If we did use a real pewter color that was more greay than brown, we could introduce some more orange back into our unis, but the brown/pewter and orange just look awful together.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 17, 2012, 10:51:45 PM

This has bothered me since day one of the new uniforms. I don't complain about it because at this point I don't see it changing....however, Pewter is alloy made from tin. It has a very small amount of copper or lead which can give it a slight brownish or blueish tint, but it is only slight and the overall color is still a grey. I don't understand why we use a metallic brown and call it pewter. I'd love it is we changed the current "pewter" to a flat matte dark grey with no gloss or shininess at all. Some of the college teams have them and I think they stand out and look sharp.

Here is a black version of the flat matte look. I also like the idea of only putting the Bucs logo on one side of the helmet and making it oversized like the Boise State logo in this pic.

Also, If we did use a real pewter color that was more greay than brown, we could introduce some more orange back into our unis, but the brown/pewter and orange just look awful together.

do you think you could create something like you did with the pewter and white jersey's...maybe use the pewter  jersey and change the shoulders to the current orange we use on the outline of the away number?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 17, 2012, 11:03:31 PM

Here is a rough idea of what I'm talking about. Just imagine the helmet being flat matte grey while the logo is glossy. From the other side it would look almost like a blank grey helmet, but you'd see some of the red flag coming around the back.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 17, 2012, 11:22:21 PM

We aren't going to tweak our uniform. If we do, it will be extremely minor. Nike can try and tweak it all they want but in the end the Glazers own the team and own the way the uni looks.

If you wanna see uniforms get re-done...go watch college football. This is the NFL and if you ask me, the Bucs logo and colors are some of the best in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 17, 2012, 11:27:39 PM

We aren't going to tweak our uniform. If we do, it will be extremely minor. Nike can try and tweak it all they want but in the end the Glazers own the team and own the way the uni looks.

If you wanna see uniforms get re-done...go watch college football. This is the NFL and if you ask me, the Bucs logo and colors are some of the best in the NFL.

Nobody asked you.

Seriously though, it probably is unlikely, but to pretend you know what the Glazers want is pompous. It happens all the time and for all you know we could get a revamp in 2013 or 2014. I understand you like them the way they are, but don't be afraid of change buddy. A little revamp every so often keeps things fresh. If we were an original team that had the same look for 60 years I would agree with you, but as an expansion team that has already completely revamped their look once....it's not out of the question.

brewerfan

Practice Squad

#40 : February 18, 2012, 01:57:53 AM

This has bothered me since day one of the new uniforms. I don't complain about it because at this point I don't see it changing....however, Pewter is alloy made from tin. It has a very small amount of copper or lead which can give it a slight brownish or blueish tint, but it is only slight and the overall color is still a grey. I don't understand why we use a metallic brown and call it pewter. I'd love it is we changed the current "pewter" to a flat matte dark grey with no gloss or shininess at all.

flat matte dark gray-like the cleats here. The NIKE cleats here. (maybe they're a bit shiny, but they're certainly less copper/brown than our current pants are)

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 18, 2012, 02:01:19 AM

Nobody asked you.

Seriously though, it probably is unlikely, but to pretend you know what the Glazers want is pompous. It happens all the time and for all you know we could get a revamp in 2013 or 2014. I understand you like them the way they are, but don't be afraid of change buddy. A little revamp every so often keeps things fresh. If we were an original team that had the same look for 60 years I would agree with you, but as an expansion team that has already completely revamped their look once....it's not out of the question.
We re-did them in 1996....after 20 years of being in the orange and white....it has been 16 years...there hasn't been a single update in the uniform since then that I am aware of.

What honestly makes you think that would change now? BTW, I have seen the designs you have come up with dude....let me just say that you would not have a job in art design.

Am I saying it can't happen? No. But I think its very unlikely. Besides,  it took the Glazers YEARS to do a throwback game and a ring of honor...what makes you think they want to re-do the uniform?

dean youngblood

Starter

#42 : February 18, 2012, 02:21:47 AM

Yeah that would be sick...If the helmets were a little lighter and the flag was wrapped just like their logo. Same thing for the pants with the matte pewter....HOT BOY!!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 18, 2012, 03:53:43 AM

Nobody asked you.

We re-did them in 1996....after 20 years of being in the orange and white....it has been 16 years...there hasn't been a single update in the uniform since then that I am aware of.

What honestly makes you think that would change now? BTW, I have seen the designs you have come up with dude....let me just say that you would not have a job in art design.

Am I saying it can't happen? No. But I think its very unlikely. Besides,  it took the Glazers YEARS to do a throwback game and a ring of honor...what makes you think they want to re-do the uniform?

Says the guy with the hideous Maryland uniform scheme in his sig overlapping the Bucs logo.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 18, 2012, 05:13:44 AM

Nobody asked you.

Says the guy with the hideous Maryland uniform scheme in his sig overlapping the Bucs logo.

Uniform scheme? Its the Maryland Flag. I don't even like the Terps football uniforms.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Uniforms orange and pewter not just red « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools