Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : September 20, 2012, 03:28:15 PM

Peppers cross pollinate very easily. You might want to do a little research first.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 26, 2012, 08:46:54 AM

Made the vodka sauce the other night.  Very good but s pic ier than I expected. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 26, 2012, 09:00:19 AM

Sopranos Sunday gravy.  Best red sauce you will ever have.
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/56/Sopranos_Sunday_Gravy52124.shtml

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 26, 2012, 09:03:22 AM

That sounds good minus the veal..

Veal creeps me out

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#79 : September 26, 2012, 09:22:00 AM

Its more for flavor.  You can take it out and not eat it.  Same with the pork.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 26, 2012, 09:37:55 AM

What would be the best thing to use as a meat substitute? Pork?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#81 : September 26, 2012, 09:42:56 AM

Meat isn't really a meat substitute, Einstein. Try eye of round. Pick a very light colored cut. Slice it thinly, pound it out, and flour it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 26, 2012, 09:44:48 AM

Meat isn't really a meat substitute, Einstein. Try eye of round. Pick a very light colored cut. Slice it thinly, pound it out, and flour it.

You knew what i meant...

But i'll try that.. Making pasta tonight anyway

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#83 : September 26, 2012, 09:48:47 AM

Be sure to put salt and pepper in the flour. Eye of round, especially lighter cuts, can be dry so you may also want a milk or egg wash rinse to help the flour stick.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#84 : September 26, 2012, 10:00:02 AM

Anybody like to blacken fish? Have any tips..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#85 : September 26, 2012, 10:02:34 AM

Cast iron skillet is a must. You need a large heat reservoir.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#86 : September 26, 2012, 10:07:16 AM

Any specific seasonings you use?

Splcier the better for myself

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#87 : September 26, 2012, 10:46:44 AM

A chef from New Orleans taught me the recipe about twenty five years ago when I worked at the Don Cesar. That was about seven or eight bales ago and no way I remember it. Thyme, chili powder, hot paprika, white pepper, etc. Any restaurant worth a damn uses white pepper all the time, but surprisingly few people do at home. There are hundreds of kinds of chile powder, try some arbol or piquan, they're usually pretty **CENSORED**y. Paprika too is made from dried, ground up peppers, they're just not chiles. It can range from mild to burning hot. Get your butter just warm enough to melt, then have the fish cold. When you dip the fish in, the butter will gel on the fish, then dip it in your seasoning and straight into the hot pan. In between fish, dump the butter out and wipe the skillet with a paper towel. Burned butter tastes like crap. For that same reason, you'll want to use thin filets that cook quickly. Return the skillet to temp before adding more fish.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#88 : September 26, 2012, 10:55:50 AM

That was about seven or eight bales ago and no way I remember it.

Now that's hardcore. :o

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#89 : September 26, 2012, 10:57:48 AM

I'm wondering if any of you might be able to tell me the best way to boil water.  For example; what heat setting works best for this?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools