Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 24, 2012, 02:36:44 PM

Asperagus?  Hope for your lady friend's sake she didn't swallow in the activities afterwards.

Pineapple juice!!

Oh the days of being conscious of your "taste" and chugging pineapple juice....

#marriage.

Hahaha!! True that, no one proposes to a spitter.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#61 : August 24, 2012, 02:38:50 PM

Got some redfish im gonna pan fry... Broccoli, and leftover Ziti

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

-ts

Hall of Famer
#62 : September 06, 2012, 12:46:03 PM

Have done the piri piri sauce a couple more times and now am really starting to make it well. The last time I made it I just used it on grilled chicken breasts and it was phenomenal. I saved some for dipping sauce and it was gone quick. Everyone ended up using it on everything.

Thinking about smoking a shoulder for Sunday so we can make some pulled pork. Usually do it on a rotisserie, but since I don't have one right now I'm just going to smoke it. Should be interesting.

Still haven't tried making the homemade vodka sauce, but I believe that will be coming in my near future.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#63 : September 10, 2012, 02:49:21 PM

Penne alla Vodka from the Sopranos Family Cookbook:    In large skillet melt 3 tbs butter.  Add 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.  That's around a tbs if you buy pre chopped garlic.  Cook until golden, about 2 minutes.  Stir in 2 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto cut into strips and cook for 1 minute.  Add 28 to 35 ounce can of Italian peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped, and 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.  Simmer 5 minutes.  Stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream and cook for 1 minute, stirring well.  Add 1/4 cup vodka and cook for 2 minutes.  Season with salt.  Add 1 pound of cooked, al dente, penne to the skillet and toss around the sauce.  Add 1/2 cup of grated parmigiano-reggiano and toss again.  Serve.
Thanks for the recipe sir.

Made it on Friday night and it was delicious. Easily could be on a restaurant menu.

I made a couple tweaks too, I made it with low fat Greek Yogurt instead of heavy cream and I added 2 chili peppers to it to give it a little heat. Turned out excellent.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#64 : September 10, 2012, 03:45:28 PM

Cool.  Thinking about trying it as well.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#65 : September 16, 2012, 06:25:54 PM

Made some ribs in the crock pot today with a homemade NC style bbq sauce. Best ribs I've ever had.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#66 : September 19, 2012, 09:23:47 AM

Going to try chicken fried steak tonight:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/chicken-fried-steak-with-gravy-recipe/index.html

Of coarse got to mash potatoes with it.  Saw the show she made this version using a combo of sweet and regular potatoes and wanted to try it.  Not sure if it will go good with the gravy from the steak but so what.   http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/double-potato-mash-recipe/index.html

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#67 : September 19, 2012, 12:40:15 PM

Did piri pri 2wice this week already.   Used habeneros since I couldnt find the other peppers.  Split a roast and did the brine.  Damn good...have the other half for tonight

Heres a recipe I do for skirt steak tacos if anyone wants...

Skirt steak in a bag with juice of 3 limes, couple cloves of dchopped garlic and maybe a 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce....add some pepper also

Let it marinate for a couple of hours

Dice up two avacodos.  Dice up the meat of one tomato and finely chop a little red onion...not too much.   mix together with salt pepper to taste and juice of half to one lime

take the steak out of the marinade and place in a hot cast iron skillet for a couple mintues on each side and stick in a 400 degree oven for about 5-10 mins or until however you like it.   I usually do 5 for a nice medium rare-medium

Let rest once out and grab some tortilla shells and cook over gas grill to color on both sides

Slice up some lime wedges.   Slice the steak.   Serve.a little steak and avacado mix with a squeeze of a lime wedge and enjoy

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#68 : September 19, 2012, 02:16:19 PM

Could never find piri peppers up here either.  That's why I've been using the piri piri marinade I found. Have tried brining several times now (once for piri piri) and have been disappointed.  I think I have been leaving it in the brine too long and makes it very salty.  but that's my error.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#69 : September 19, 2012, 02:27:08 PM

Use less salt in your brine or dilute it to a lower salinity. A long rinse in clean water is essential. How long are you letting it soak? And what type of salt are you using? Are you weighing it out or measuring by volume?

: September 19, 2012, 02:28:50 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#70 : September 19, 2012, 02:29:27 PM

1.5-2 hours

-ts

Hall of Famer
#71 : September 20, 2012, 01:22:18 AM

I haven't tried the brine yet. Might give it a go, but I've been loving the way it's coming out without it.

Saved some of the Piri Piri sauce I had left over and used it a few times to make some quesadillas. The sauce IMO gets better the longer it sits. Tasted great. I might start making it a couple days in advance if I think I want to use it for a dinner.

Oh and I've just been using Red Chili peppers. Might try out the habaneros, Sounds... interesting for my love of s pice.
: September 20, 2012, 01:24:02 AM -ts

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#72 : September 20, 2012, 06:57:13 AM

Mix some of the piri piri sauce with mayo for a dip.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#73 : September 20, 2012, 07:49:59 AM

Speaking of mayo, I'll share my secret for making the perfect grill cheese.  Mix mayo with butter and then spread on the bread.  It will toast better and more evenly.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#74 : September 20, 2012, 03:14:28 PM

I think I'm going to start growing different peppers since I've been using so many. Saw some seeds on Amazon for the Piri Piri peppers (African Birds eye).

Would stop me from having to run to the store as much, also could grow some herbs as well.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone else here do the cooking? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools