Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, Zuttah nearing deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 20, 2012, 08:29:45 PM

Bucs, Zuttah nearing deal

By ROY CUMMINGS | The Tampa Tribune
Published:  February 20, 2012 - 8:04 PM

TAMPA - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and starting left guard Jeremy Zuttah have already agreed on what is sometimes the most difficult aspect of any free agency negotiation.

"The team wants the player and the player wants the team," Zuttah's agent, Noel LaMontagne, told the Tribune on Monday. "That's the most important progress you can have. The rest just comes down to dollars and cents."

Zuttah, a third-round pick out of Rutgers in 2008, will be an unrestricted free agent for the first time this spring, but LaMontagne says there's a good chance Zuttah won't reach the marketplace.

Though he and the Bucs have yet to discuss salary and bonus figures, LaMontagne said his conversations with Bucs general manager Mark Dominik have him feeling a deal will get done before the market opens March 13.

"It seems the conversation is pointed that way," LaMontagne said. "It is definitely in the direction where both sides want to get something done, so it's just a matter of getting pen to paper and figuring out what makes the most sense for Jeremy."

Staying in Tampa is apparently what makes the most sense to both sides. The Bucs have told LaMontagne they want Zuttah to be a part of their future under new coach Greg Schiano and Zuttah wants to be a part of that future, LaMontagne said.

Zuttah has started 44 of the 58 games he's played for the Bucs the last four years, including several starts at center, which could be where his future lies with the Bucs.

Zuttah also played for Schiano while in college and LaMontagne said Zuttah is excited to have Schiano on board as his coach.

"Both sides want the same end," LaMontagne said, "so we just need to get some good momentum rolling so Jeremy can still be around in that Buccaneers uniform."

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 20, 2012, 08:33:52 PM

Never even doubted this would be a problem, Zuttah must be happy with Schiano running the place.

It pretty much guarantees him a starting job.

Ju1ce

Starter

#2 : February 20, 2012, 08:35:13 PM

Lock him up

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 20, 2012, 08:36:05 PM

Move him to center. Even if we don't he's better than people think.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 20, 2012, 08:40:19 PM

Bad news for Faine?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 20, 2012, 08:41:46 PM

Bad news for Faine?
I hope so

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 20, 2012, 08:44:49 PM

Bad news for Faine?

I REALLY hope so.

HolyBuc

Starter
#7 : February 20, 2012, 08:45:04 PM

I could definitely see this headline "Zuttah signs 4-year deal, Faine released".

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 20, 2012, 08:50:55 PM

He might not be a top Center or Gaurd. But glad they are going to keep him around.

#Mikey2Quarters

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 20, 2012, 08:51:02 PM

I could definitely see this headline "Zuttah signs 4-year deal, Faine released".

This would be music to my ears. +1

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 20, 2012, 08:53:38 PM

I don't think we are resigning him to be a guard. Good riddance Mr. Faine.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 20, 2012, 08:57:41 PM

This would be music to my ears. +1
Amen

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 20, 2012, 09:04:22 PM

And I could see the following headline after game 2 of this next season:

"Zuttah injured. Bucs have no backup center. Glazers purchase billion dollar life insurance policy on Freeman."

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 20, 2012, 09:07:33 PM

"CROWN US!!!"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 20, 2012, 09:09:54 PM

And I could see the following headline after game 2 of this next season:

"Zuttah injured. Bucs have no backup center. Glazers purchase billion dollar life insurance policy on Freeman."

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Josh Freeman will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster, free-er.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, Zuttah nearing deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools