Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: latest on Carl NIcks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#45 : March 14, 2012, 05:05:56 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Continue to hear the Saints making a push for Ravens G Ben Grubbs, with Carl Nicks looking increasingly likely to go to TB

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#46 : March 14, 2012, 05:16:29 AM

Any chance they completed the deal, but don't want to announce it until daybreak?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 14, 2012, 05:32:59 AM

Any chance they completed the deal, but don't want to announce it until daybreak?

Sure. His agent could have been up late negotiating for him. Then they can make it official today when Nicks signs it in the morning.

The fact the Saints seem to be going after Grubbs hard suggests they aren't too confident that Nicks will stay in N.O. Grubbs is meeting with the Saints later today.

I would think that it wouldnt be too long before we hear news either way.
: March 14, 2012, 05:35:44 AM cyberdude558

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#48 : March 14, 2012, 05:47:05 AM

If this goes down, you have to really give credit to DOM, Glazerhouses and Schiano. The most impressive thing about these signings if it is done is that it takes two to tango and we must really be selling a good scenario for players to come to.  Schiano must be one helluva recruiter!!!

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#49 : March 14, 2012, 05:57:16 AM

If this goes down, you have to really give credit to DOM, Glazerhouses and Schiano. The most impressive thing about these signings if it is done is that it takes two to tango and we must really be selling a good scenario for players to come to.  Schiano must be one helluva recruiter!!!

I agree, this franchise needed a fresh start in the worst way....looks like it's started off very well. I'm a bit surprised they went with Jackson first over a defensive player, but I'm sure not going to complain about it. Jackson, IMO, becomes one of the best receivers this franchise has ever had. It's only going to make MW/Benn that much better now that they are in their more natural 2/3 roles.

britbuc14

Starter

#50 : March 14, 2012, 06:12:35 AM

VJax on the books, Nicks likely to sign barring some unforeseen **CENSORED**up, Lofton is an ass so likely we'll go balls to the wall for tulloch

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#51 : March 14, 2012, 06:29:59 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite Open
Bucs still grinding away on a deal with top guard Carl Nicks. Sounds like they will burn the midnight oil to get it done #freeagency
My guess is it gets done by morning.
lol? I always wonder what inspires posts like this. Do you have experience signing NFL players or something?

Hide Tools Show Tools