Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: March 14, 2012, 02:06:48 PM

Here are a couple of free agency tidbits for you from today's press conference and some remarks after the press conference by Mark Dominik and Eric Wright:

Wright told me he wants Ronde Barber back so he can soak up some knowledge, especially about playing in the slot.

The Bucs won't be getting a middle linebacker in free agency and the coaches say they believe Mason Foster can stay at MLB and be effective in his second year. Curtis Lofton likely won't be a Buccaneer.

Bucs made their big splash in free agency and will continue to monitor the market, but will likely sit out unless there is a good bargin.

Dominik will talk to Jeff Faine. Looks like he will be released and Jeremy Zuttah will take over at center.

Carl Nicks left the Saints because he wants to run block and the Bucs will be a run-first team, while New Orleans is a pass-first, pass-second, pass-third, pass-fourth team.

Dominik said the team is talking with Dan Orlovsky, but have not agreed to terms and not signed him yet.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : March 14, 2012, 02:08:23 PM

inb4 **CENSORED**ing

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 14, 2012, 02:08:43 PM

They really need to get some LBs in here. They were the reason our team stunk on defense last year. I also think they can use a vet or two on that defense as well.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 14, 2012, 02:10:24 PM

wow. i really cant believe we are going to ignore our need at linebacker. this has disaster written all over it 8-8 is a pipe dream at this point. i guess we are going to go the carolina route and hope to just putscore everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 14, 2012, 02:10:49 PM

Bucs a run first team?  That is a given based on what they have done thus far.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 14, 2012, 02:11:04 PM

Until Lofton signs with another team, I'm not ruling him out.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:05 PM

WILL is pretty much an open spot now, so I am thinking Sean Spence in the third round would be intriguing.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:17 PM

wow. i really cant believe we are going to ignore our need at linebacker. this has disaster written all over it 8-8 is a pipe dream at this point. i guess we are going to go the carolina route and hope to just putscore everyone
Relax. We have this thing called a "week" and "Smokescreens" and "Drafts"

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:23 PM

Oh well.  Did want to see Foster move to SLB and sign Lofton but I am extremely happy with Nicks, Jackson and Wright.  Well done MD and thank you Glazers!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 14, 2012, 02:12:55 PM

Yea they really cant afford to ignore LB. Teams were able to score many points because of our weakness at LB. It almost negates what our offense did. We may have to play catch up again. At least we will be better equiped to do so but still. Would be nice to keep the opponents score down.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 14, 2012, 02:13:21 PM

Posturing from the Front Office. Dominik is telling agents and their clients that they won't over pay for a LB or any player for that matter. There will be future signing but I don't think it's going to be a blockbuster.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 14, 2012, 02:13:28 PM

Hard to get on Dom too much today, but I think that's a mistake.

If we truly want to be in the mold of a physical, tough defense we do not have the right personnel at LB.

Those guys get mauled, wiped out, completely neutralized. Last year I've never seen worst line backing in my life.

I'm dumbfounded that they are not being more aggressive to improve what was our most glaring weakness. How often did we just get gashed - only to see Foster, Hayes and Black completely out of the play???

-ts

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 14, 2012, 02:13:55 PM

Until Lofton signs with another team, I'm not ruling him out.
Agreed.

I don't think he will have the interest and price tag he is expecting.

cgnumber7

Starter

#13 : March 14, 2012, 02:14:07 PM

I'm happy, we got some great guys in this year, maybe play out lbs one more year and if they don't work out upgrade next year, we do not have to go all in this year I think we are on a good track back to playoff contention

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 14, 2012, 02:14:12 PM

Bucs probably looking at a WILL from the draft.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools