Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 14, 2012, 02:14:25 PM

Hopefully the MIKE bit is just posturing and leverage; I think Foster works much better on the outside, and we could use vet leadership in the middle

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 14, 2012, 02:14:40 PM

Kind of hard to believe that they would recognize all those other flaws and address them with flying colors, but ignore such a glaring area of need.
Right now they still need a RB, LB (at least one), S and CB. Fill one of those four and you can address the other three in the first three rounds of the draft. Then you go into 2012 with a realistic shot at a wild card. Not thinking crazy, but a good six or seven-win team that can sneak in as a nine or 10-win team if enough went right.

In Verner We Trust

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 14, 2012, 02:15:29 PM

Hold on a second, Dom....before the moths settle back into that checkbook you need to write one for a LB like Lofton.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 14, 2012, 02:15:31 PM

Sometimes I can do nothing more than shake my head at what I see on these forums.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 14, 2012, 02:16:54 PM

Sometimes I can do nothing more than shake my head at what I see on these forums.

Do you feel differently about our line backing corps? If so, explain.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 14, 2012, 02:18:05 PM

John Henderson was released by the Raiders. Might be a good guy to look at as a situation player.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 14, 2012, 02:18:08 PM

The Bucs won't be getting a middle linebacker in free agency and the coaches say they believe Mason Foster can stay at MLB and be effective in his second year. Curtis Lofton likely won't be a Buccaneer.

NO!!!!  JUST NO!!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 14, 2012, 02:18:52 PM

Kind of hard to believe that they would recognize all those other flaws and address them with flying colors, but ignore such a glaring area of need.
Right now they still need a RB, LB (at least one), S and CB. Fill one of those four and you can address the other three in the first three rounds of the draft. Then you go into 2012 with a realistic shot at a wild card. Not thinking crazy, but a good six or seven-win team that can sneak in as a nine or 10-win team if enough went right.

Bucs current coaching staff probably found schematic problems and technique not necessarily anything wrong with the players.  Defensively, the scheme was poor compared to offense and it showed why Olson's had a higher ranked unit than Morris.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 14, 2012, 02:19:05 PM

wow. i really cant believe we are going to ignore our need at linebacker. this has disaster written all over it 8-8 is a pipe dream at this point. i guess we are going to go the carolina route and hope to just putscore everyone
we are not going to outscore anyone being a run oriented team.  That only works with a killer defense.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#24 : March 14, 2012, 02:19:22 PM

We virtually picked Eric Wright over Curtis Lofton.....Doesn't make much sense to me.

GITM Approved.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 14, 2012, 02:19:30 PM

Agree. You sign a LB and RB then you got a legit shot at a playoff spot. Right now the defense is still the same as last year but add Wright. I mean they gotta know how attrocious our LBs were.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 14, 2012, 02:19:30 PM

lol, take out sometimes and I agree 100%

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 14, 2012, 02:19:51 PM

Until Lofton signs with another team, I'm not ruling him out.
I hope its just postering to get a better price.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 14, 2012, 02:20:08 PM

Bucs only open spot is WILL (Hayes is a UFA0, so that can be filled easily through the draft.

MasterC25

Starter
#29 : March 14, 2012, 02:20:31 PM

Dont'a Hightower come on down
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools