Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 14, 2012, 02:20:56 PM

Sometimes I can do nothing more than shake my head at what I see on these forums.

I agree but the LBs do need to be upgraded badly. I dont know how Dom couldnt see that.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 14, 2012, 02:20:57 PM

Sometimes I can do nothing more than shake my head at what I see on these forums.
OK, I'm never satisfied, even on the greatest free agent day in the history of the team.
Maybe I would have rather he didn't say anything. I mean why ruin a good vibe?
Nobody's ever done or at least they shouldn't be.
Sorry DTG.

In Verner We Trust

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 14, 2012, 02:22:40 PM

WAY too many free agents out there available and WAY too many needs on this team still.
Linebacker IMO was the BIGGEST need in free agency. No more kids (draft picks) in the mix at LB please. Any signing would be an upgrade on the talent we have at the position.

How are we going to say we are a run first team? What Running back(s) do we have under contract??? At least our passing game has some faces to the roster slots.

We need to add more secondary help. Nelson and Landry would be instant upgrades to what we have at safety.

I think just a couple more moves like this would allow us to add a DB at #5 and a RB in the second round.

GuerillaInThaMist

Rookie

#33 : March 14, 2012, 02:22:59 PM

Bucs only open spot is WILL (Hayes is a UFA0, so that can be filled easily through the draft.

Quincy Black and a second day rookie LB......I'm thrilled

GITM Approved.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 14, 2012, 02:23:10 PM

I think Foster showed enough early on with McCoy still in front of him to warrant him staying put. Give him an actual offseason added in with his year of learning last year, he should look like the MLB he was in the first 5-6 games.

Hayes has potential still and is at least solid depth. Black should be gone but his contract will keep him around 1 more year. I also think Watson showed enough to warrant a shot at SLB as well.

Ideally, Id like to see them add 1 potentially starting LB in the mix(FA or draft) and let them all compete.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 14, 2012, 02:23:41 PM

Do you feel differently about our line backing corps? If so, explain.
yes.  please explain.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 14, 2012, 02:23:45 PM

there's the draft guys...and you have to take Training Camp into account

and  the fact the week isnt over yet.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 14, 2012, 02:23:47 PM

We virtually picked Eric Wright over Curtis Lofton.....Doesn't make much sense to me.

GITM Approved.

I see the need for corner. And wide out.

It's Nicks that I question a little. A great player. Makes us better.

But that money may have been better spent on defense based on the atrocious D we had last year.

I sure hope they add more talent at LB.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 14, 2012, 02:24:14 PM

Kind of hard to believe that they would recognize all those other flaws and address them with flying colors, but ignore such a glaring area of need.
Right now they still need a RB, LB (at least one), S and CB. Fill one of those four and you can address the other three in the first three rounds of the draft. Then you go into 2012 with a realistic shot at a wild card. Not thinking crazy, but a good six or seven-win team that can sneak in as a nine or 10-win team if enough went right.
None of the LB's or RB's have been signed yet. Those generally aren't premium positions. If you want WR, OL, DL, and CB, you have to act fast, but Lofton, Tulloch, Hawthorne, Erin Henderson, and pretty much every other LB is still available.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 14, 2012, 02:25:02 PM

I think that the defensive players, including the LB's, are better than they showed last season. The coaching sucked, starting with the awful, awful DC.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 14, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

Do you feel differently about our line backing corps? If so, explain.

This +1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 14, 2012, 02:25:34 PM

lol

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 14, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

there's the draft guys...and you have to take Training Camp into account

and  the fact the week isnt over yet.

Agree about the draft but they really need some vets on that D. They can easily do that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 14, 2012, 02:29:39 PM

I think that the defensive players, including the LB's, are better than they showed last season. The coaching sucked, starting with the awful, awful DC.

Agree the coaching did stink but Im not ready to say were ok at LB. They were the ones out there and looked god awful.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 14, 2012, 02:30:44 PM

so you shake your head in disbelief toward anyone that doesn't agree with your assessment of the LB corps in particular?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FAINE LIKELY TO BE CUT, FOSTER TO STAY AT MLB, BUCS ALMOST DONE IN FREE AGENCY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools