Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 383

Runole

Hall of Famer
#3570 : June 25, 2013, 08:25:33 PM

Easy. You can follow a person and for some misc. factor lose them. You forgot to mention two things. It was 911 "calls". Zimmerman just didn't call once about Trayvon. Second, you didn't mention when the 911 operator told him he didn't have to step out his vehicle but did so anyway. Your post is exactly what I said in a previous one (no offense). People pick and choose which facts they want to support their claim. I do agree about the media. I don't like the fact how the media made everyone think he was a lot younger with the pictures they posted and turning this into a face issue. However, it was the public outcry and the media that eventually helped turn this case into a trail. Initially Zimmerman wasn't charged. He said it was self defense and the police went with it.

Multiple 911 calls is news to me, got a link? For as long as I've paid attention to the case there has been one call, including yesterday where one recording was played in court. I think you might be mistaken.

Next, Zimmerman was already out of his vehicle when the operator asked if he was following him, when Zimmerman stated he was the response was "we don't need you to do that". So you have the order of things mixed up. You seem to be making some very basic errors while still accusing me of cherry pickings facts. You might want to brush up on these things before you respond again.

Edit: See, this is what happens when people spread false information, you caught me napping and I just went with it. There were ZERO 911 calls actually, because Zimmerman called the non emergency line. Just wanted to clear that up. Again, I'll hold for the proof of multiple calls to police, I'm pretty much positive there was only one. Also, you didn't really answer my question. Zimmerman had already lost track of Martin while still on the phone with police, before the altercation. So in order for the altercation to take place, you seem to be saying Zimmerman kept searching for him...which of course at this point is supported by no evidence whatsoever. The reason I mentioned earlier that Trayvon could have easily made it home, yet chose not to, is because that can easily lead one to believe that perhaps Martin was the one doing the following, not Zimmerman.

Correct again it is amazing the fantasy world that the media has conjured up on this case.   BucfanNYC12 you have clearly shown you are misinformed about the entire case and I really can't fault you because you have fallen for the "fantasy" the media created for you in their most convoluted PC world they project.  At least you noted the constant 12 year old picture used.  Do you not find that the least bit troubling?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3571 : June 26, 2013, 07:53:03 AM

To me it's pretty telling that prosecution trotted a witness out there that they knew had signed a petition to have Zimmerman arrested. She was to be an impartial witness simply testifying to what she saw/heard, yet by the end of her testimony it was exposed to all that she was in fact a fraud who thinks Zimmerman is a murderer. If I'm on the jury I'm looking at that as the prosecution attempted to fool me with a tainted juror, and I'm not forgetting it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#3572 : June 26, 2013, 07:58:25 AM

To me it's pretty telling that prosecution trotted a witness out there that they knew had signed a petition to have Zimmerman arrested. She was to be an impartial witness simply testifying to what she saw/heard, yet by the end of her testimony it was exposed to all that she was in fact a fraud who thinks Zimmerman is a murderer. If I'm on the jury I'm looking at that as the prosecution attempted to fool me with a tainted juror, and I'm not forgetting it.

One certainly would expect that from an impartial jury.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3573 : June 26, 2013, 08:05:31 AM

That depends, did it come out during the direct examination (i.e. when she was being questioned by the prosecution) or only during cross examination by the defense?  I would be very surprised if it was the latter. 

Putting that aside though, what was the main factual relevance of the witness from the prosecution's side? In other words, what positive fact did the prosecution wnat her to convey? I am not familiar with the witness so that is why I am asking, if you dont mind.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3574 : June 26, 2013, 08:15:17 AM

Defense exposed it, it was the very last thing they did just before court recessed for the night. Perfect timing. At first she tried to deny it, but MoM brought up her Facebook page on his laptop and had her read out loud what the petition was, priceless moment. I could tell the lady was a liar immediately, glad my intuition turned out correct.

The key part of her testimony was the claim that she heard running from left to right behind her town home, she saw arms "flailing", and it looked like people were standing up. The last point is what I think she was called up for, because it contradicts other witness testimony from what I know. Under cross examination though, MoM got her to say that it was so dark the people could have been kneeling, or one person could have been on top of another. Basically everything she said was exposed as a lie, she contradicted herself multiple times, and it all ended with the bombshell that she convicted Zimmerman months ago on Facebook.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3575 : June 26, 2013, 10:44:46 AM

Wow another dud for prosecution. They have another woman on the stand claiming Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon, and Trayvon was on his stomach, when the shot occurred. When defense told her Trayvon wasn't shot in the back, and asked her how her viewpoint fit in with reality, she had no answer. She also says she believes it was Trayvon yelling for help because of the pitch of the voice. When defense asked her if she agrees that a younger person could have a deeper voice, and that an older person could have a higher voice, she flat out refused to admit that. She kept saying "I guess" almost sarcastically, over and over. This is also witness number two from the state that has gone on national TV to tell her side. Zero credibility.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#3576 : June 26, 2013, 11:02:21 AM

Regardless, I still won't call it self defense......

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3577 : June 26, 2013, 11:06:02 AM

'Cause your mind is made up and you won't be swayed by the facts?

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#3578 : June 26, 2013, 11:13:38 AM

What facts might you have to claim self defense when Zimmerman went after an unarmed kid...was getting his azz stomped, then cried wuss and killed the dude?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3579 : June 26, 2013, 11:20:36 AM

Defense exposed it, it was the very last thing they did just before court recessed for the night. Perfect timing. At first she tried to deny it, but MoM brought up her Facebook page on his laptop and had her read out loud what the petition was, priceless moment. I could tell the lady was a liar immediately, glad my intuition turned out correct.

The key part of her testimony was the claim that she heard running from left to right behind her town home, she saw arms "flailing", and it looked like people were standing up. The last point is what I think she was called up for, because it contradicts other witness testimony from what I know. Under cross examination though, MoM got her to say that it was so dark the people could have been kneeling, or one person could have been on top of another. Basically everything she said was exposed as a lie, she contradicted herself multiple times, and it all ended with the bombshell that she convicted Zimmerman months ago on Facebook.

Thanks for explaining, I guess the "left to right " part is a suggestion that Z chased TM? I dont know the orientation of her place, but that is the only reason I can think of. The fact the other stuff came out on cross is just weird.  I would have expected the prosecution to deal with it up front.  Odd

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3580 : June 26, 2013, 11:21:46 AM

"Zimmerman went after an unarmed kid."

Rather pointless to cite any facts for you if you're unable to distinguish them from rhetoric.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3581 : June 26, 2013, 11:24:37 AM

What facts might you have to claim self defense when Zimmerman went after an unarmed kid...was getting his azz stomped, then cried wuss and killed the dude?

I realize I am wasting my time so I will not go much further than to say you have the facts wrong, and I dont mean that as an argument, I mean you literally have the facts wrong .. .not sure if that is because you're misinformed or you just want to ginore part of the facts because it doesnt mesh with your view . . . but even if your think Z is guilty, which you seem to and that is perfectly your right, it would probably aid your credibility (you may not care) if you at least got the facts right or acknowledge the one glaring factual weakness in your position . .  its actually discussed right on these pages and was the lead in the defense's opening . .
: June 26, 2013, 11:26:20 AM VinBucFan

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3582 : June 26, 2013, 11:26:22 AM

Next prosecution witness claims Zimmerman was on top BASED ON SEEING THEIR PICTURES ON THE NEWS AFTERWARDS. Seriously, THIS is how we conduct court in America? I'm seriously floored. She says the person on top was punching, I can't wait until the cross examination. Defense is surely going to point out that Martin had zero injuries, and that Zimmerman had several including multiple bumps and cuts on the back and sides of his head. Not one state witness has stated anything remotely close to what the evidence shows.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3583 : June 26, 2013, 11:26:32 AM

"The fact the other stuff came out on cross is just weird.  I would have expected the prosecution to deal with it up front."

Sounds like they don't have a case, and they know they don't have a case, but there's no choice for them except to push this lame ox forward.

I really expected that they would get something on him, anything. Gonna be a real **CENSORED**storm over this debacle.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3584 : June 26, 2013, 11:29:02 AM

Thanks for explaining, I guess the "left to right " part is a suggestion that Z chased TM? I dont know the orientation of her place, but that is the only reason I can think of. The fact the other stuff came out on cross is just weird.  I would have expected the prosecution to deal with it up front.  Odd

From the location of her place, left to right would have been running towards the top of the T.
Page: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 ... 383
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools