Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 ... 399

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4170 : July 06, 2013, 03:52:25 PM

Why would the prosecution be "arguing" anything at this point, let alone SYG?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4171 : July 06, 2013, 03:56:30 PM

Zimmerman lied about the extent of the injuries he suffered at the hands of Martin. At no point do his injuries suggest that Martin was using anything near what can be construed as deadly force against Zimmerman, which might be why Zimmerman also threw in the part about Martin reaching for his gun and telling him "you're going to die tonight", which are also two questionable parts of his accounting of events. There is little doubt, eve among those witnesses purported to be helping his defense, that Zimmerman exaggerated many aspects of the conflict to make it appear that he was in more danger than he actually was. Despite what the "unbiased" one's say, this could easily be construed by the jury as disproportionate force or imperfect self-defense, which could justifiably render a lesser verdict of manslaughter.

CBW, then: "Z clearly has no injuries, I can tell by looking at the NBC video"

CBW, now: "Z lied about the extent of those injuries that I previously told you he didn't have"

CBW: " btw, I still say he called him a **CENSORED**, because he is clearly a racist"

Lmao

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4172 : July 06, 2013, 03:59:30 PM

The prosecution was arguing against the defendants move for acquittal which took place only yesterday.

SYG= is a form of self defense.

I would think a message board lawyer would know these things.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4173 : July 06, 2013, 04:13:54 PM

The prosecution was arguing against the defendants move for acquittal which took place only yesterday.

SYG= is a form of self defense.

I would think a message board lawyer would know these things.

I am not watching it so i was trying to follow You mean the D moved for DV at the close of the state's case, I guess. It still doesn't make sense for the prosecution to argue against SYG, if as reported the defense is asserting straight self defense. There is a disconnect somewhere but I am sure it's on my end because as I said I am not watching it.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4174 : July 06, 2013, 04:20:38 PM

Yes,  the defense moved for an acquittal at the end of the state's case. That happened yesterday and was denied The reference to SYG came form March 21. 2012 when it was anticipated that a SYG defense would be used in this case, That reference has nothing to do w/ yesterday's proceedings.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4175 : July 06, 2013, 04:26:13 PM

Apparently the "Stand Your Ground" law includes;

a) follow someone in your car
b) get out of your car
c) confront them
d)chase them
e) grab and shoot them to death.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

My first post in this thread.

Nearly identical to what the prosecution is arguing today.

2 wrongs don't make a right!!

and yet Z wants us to believe that 4-5 wrongs combined w/ a pack of lies does make it right. Suffice to say, I'm not feeling it.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4176 : July 06, 2013, 04:31:40 PM

Yes,  the defense moved for an acquittal at the end of the state's case. That happened yesterday and was denied The reference to SYG came form March 21. 2012 when it was anticipated that a SYG defense would be used in this case, That reference has nothing to do w/ yesterday's proceedings.

Thanks. The last sentence was the point

Btw, funny you tried to take a shot at me. I am not even following and my comment was accurate. You should see someone about your confidence issues
: July 06, 2013, 04:33:52 PM VinBucFan

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4177 : July 06, 2013, 04:48:46 PM

"Thanks. The last sentence was the point"

No, that wasn't the point. The point made in the discussion and acknowledged by everyone except you was that the state's case is almost identical to what I predicted from the very beginning.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4178 : July 06, 2013, 04:53:52 PM

"Btw, funny you tried to take a shot at me. I am not even following and my comment was accurate. You should see someone about your confidence issues"

Pity, you were doing so well up until this point.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4179 : July 06, 2013, 09:48:30 PM

b) get out of your car
c) confront them
d)chase them

The "two wrongs" being Durango and the Prosecution, yes?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4180 : July 06, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

"Thanks. The last sentence was the point"

No, that wasn't the point. The point made in the discussion and acknowledged by everyone except you was that the state's case is almost identical to what I predicted from the very beginning.

What else were they going to argue?

My point was made by your last sentence, guessing you knee that

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4181 : July 07, 2013, 09:18:32 AM

Zimmerman lied about the extent of the injuries he suffered at the hands of Martin. At no point do his injuries suggest that Martin was using anything near what can be construed as deadly force against Zimmerman, which might be why Zimmerman also threw in the part about Martin reaching for his gun and telling him "you're going to die tonight", which are also two questionable parts of his accounting of events. There is little doubt, eve among those witnesses purported to be helping his defense, that Zimmerman exaggerated many aspects of the conflict to make it appear that he was in more danger than he actually was. Despite what the "unbiased" one's say, this could easily be construed by the jury as disproportionate force or imperfect self-defense, which could justifiably render a lesser verdict of manslaughter.

A little off topic but I notice all those flags in your posts did they come from here?   Does his commentary align with your views of this country?

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-nation-of-living-constitutions.html

Sorry for the interruption back to hanging that white  racist murderer Zimmerman. :-[.
: July 07, 2013, 09:20:39 AM Runole

spartan

Hall of Famer
#4182 : July 07, 2013, 09:31:38 AM

b) get out of your car
c) confront them
d)chase them

Yes.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4183 : July 07, 2013, 11:47:37 AM

b) get out of your car
c) confront them
d)chase them

Yes.

You mean to say Spartan & Biggs disagree w/ me on this?

Holy crap, I'm floored. Up until now I never would have suspected it.

Still waters run deep, I guess.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#4184 : July 07, 2013, 12:11:55 PM

CBW, then: "Z clearly has no injuries, I can tell by looking at the NBC video"

CBW, now: "Z lied about the extent of those injuries that I previously told you he didn't have"

CBW: " btw, I still say he called him a **CENSORED**, because he is clearly a racist"

Lmao

Rinse, repeat, and avoid. Notice the message board lawyer says nothing about the possibility of the jury seeing Zimmerman as using disproportionate force. The prosecution has provided evidence that his injuries were minor, and that at no point was he in imminent danger. They have also disproven the legitimacy of many of the claims that Zimmerman made about how many times Martin actually hit him, that Martin was bashing his head repeatedly on the concrete, and suggestion that Martin was reaching for his gun.

If the jury believes that Zimmerman did lie about these things, which evidence suggests that he did, then it would be a reasonable assumption that the jury could see this as Zimmerman knowing the law, knowing that his injuries were not sufficient enough to justify the use of deadly force, and choosing to embellish or fabricate additional aspects of the conflict in order to justify the use of deadly force. Despite your "unbiased" claim that this is an unreasonable or unjustifiable conviction, it would be easily legally justifiable for the jury to come back with such a ruling.

Page: 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools