Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 ... 399

RiotHeart

Starter

#4500 : July 11, 2013, 08:58:35 PM

Must have a very low crime rate. I kid i kid.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4501 : July 11, 2013, 09:55:36 PM

In the end it doesn't matter. Zimmerman's life is finished in jail or freedom. He is gonna have to go into hiding or get out of the US.
all he has to do is move to Harrison, AK.

HQ for the KKK?
Yeah sounds like a great idea for a Hispanic guy to go a KKK region. Come on now.  ???

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4502 : July 11, 2013, 10:01:44 PM

I haven't been following as closely as some of you.  But I think he gets off on the Murder charge, but they get him for manslaughter    They overcharged him in the first place, they should of tried him for manslaughter in the first place.

As far as Zimmerman being screwed either way, disagree. If he gets off with nothing, there will be a huge book deal available, TV apperances.  If he moved away from Florida, no one would know who the hell he was.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4503 : July 11, 2013, 10:20:51 PM

I haven't been following as closely as some of you.  But I think he gets off on the Murder charge, but they get him for manslaughter    They overcharged him in the first place, they should of tried him for manslaughter in the first place.

A few days ago, (or maybe a week ago) I said if I had to bet an outcome, I would bet on acquittal.

Today? I would bet a small amount on a manslaughter conviction.

And the way the prosecution gets there is the jury rejecting a lot of Z's explanations on how things occurred. Those details have already been covered by me over and over. It was good to see Bernie DLR show that if we are to believe Z's account, the gun was on Z's back hip, behind Martin and very difficult to see in the dark, at the time Z claimed TM saw the gun and got his  hand on it.

The defense witnesses said it was a fluid situation with both men moving all over the place. That's how the gun was visible and accessible. But when Z says TM straddled him, Z never says they were moving all over the place. In fact he says TM had his weight down on him and the only time he was able to move is when he slid down (to get off of the cement) and his jacket and shirt slid up and exposed the gun. Of course, if he slid down, that's when the gun was behind TM and under Z's back hip. He needed X-Ray vision to see it. And Z would have had a battle to get that gun. Especially with TM supposedly knowing about it, too.

And to see BDLR skipping around the courtroom was priceless. Martin wasn't running. He was skipping!

Prosecution needs to offer a solid theory on how they think things unfolded in rebuttal. That was missing in today's closing and BDLR missed a few
important points. And he repeated himself a few times. He was dragging and boring at times, IMO.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4504 : July 11, 2013, 10:27:34 PM

A few days ago, (or maybe a week ago) I said if I had to bet an outcome, I would bet on acquittal.

Today? I would bet a small amount on a manslaughter conviction.

And the way the prosecution gets there is the jury rejecting a lot of Z's explanations on how things occurred.

The jury is supposed to "get there" by the prosecution proving the elements of manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt NOT because the prosecution did not prove the greater offense

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4505 : July 11, 2013, 10:30:08 PM

Adding to my earlier post...

And if the jury rejects Z's account, self defense goes away and the conviction remains.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4506 : July 12, 2013, 12:53:30 AM

http://www.judicialwatch.org./press-room/press-releases/documents-obtained-by-judicial-watch-detail-role-of-justice-department-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/

like I said, all we're looking at is whether or not Z weighs more than a duck.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4507 : July 12, 2013, 01:17:10 AM

http://www.judicialwatch.org./press-room/press-releases/documents-obtained-by-judicial-watch-detail-role-of-justice-department-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/

Why the hell are they spending money and getting involved with that? Not good.

But the justice department didn't assume a 17 year-old was a criminal and then wind up shooting him to death. He may be acquitted due to the jury believing his self defense claim. But IMO, a charge was warranted.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4508 : July 12, 2013, 01:30:16 AM

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Ex-police-chief-blasts-Zimmerman-probe/-/413192/20926012/-/fpxielz/-/index.html

A charge may or may not have come, but this was never about justice.  This was a railroading plain and simple.  They weren't getting the result they wanted fast enough, so they stepped in.  And by sheer coincidence it happened during an election year.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#4509 : July 12, 2013, 02:01:39 AM

Ex-police chief.

I gotta give that guy some credit. He stood up for what he believed at a large personal cost.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4510 : July 12, 2013, 08:13:06 AM

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Ex-police-chief-blasts-Zimmerman-probe/-/413192/20926012/-/fpxielz/-/index.html

A charge may or may not have come, but this was never about justice.  This was a railroading plain and simple.  They weren't getting the result they wanted fast enough, so they stepped in.  And by sheer coincidence it happened during an election year.

It is nice to know that in a sea of total corruption there are actually guys like the police chief that are honest to call the trial what it has always been  ie.. A NATIONAL DISGRACE and a total affront to justice in America.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4511 : July 12, 2013, 08:28:37 AM

Why the hell are they spending money and getting involved with that? Not good.

But the justice department didn't assume a 17 year-old was a criminal and then wind up shooting him to death. He may be acquitted due to the jury believing his self defense claim. But IMO, a charge was warranted.

The reality is Trayvon was a criminal assumption or not..  His history has been documented. He was not some innocent little 12 year old.   Yes it was tragic that he was shot and killed after attacking a neighborhood watch person but that is it.   All the race baiting and kangaroo court trial doesn't change this total farce and affront to justice.   People have a right to protect themselves when attacked.  Assault and battery should not favor the perpetrator.   The fantasy charges created by the race baiter's is repulsive and disgusting.   If Martin had not been such a thug and just gone home he would be alive today. Instead he decided to attack a neighborhood watch guy who unfortunately for Martin was armed with a weapon he was permitted to carry.   You know this is the truth and all the other stuff is pure BS.

Hey Zimmerman is just a poor slob that made the decision to defend himself.     He remains the victim of the whole farce.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#4512 : July 12, 2013, 08:35:18 AM

I'd say that anyone concerned about their own neighborhood took a loss as well. Willingness to help neighbors out by participating in watch programs is going to decline.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#4513 : July 12, 2013, 09:37:08 AM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
: July 12, 2013, 09:39:37 AM Durango 95

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4514 : July 12, 2013, 09:44:10 AM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
Once all the race baiters hit the streets after he gets off your gonna be thankful you have a gun to use against them, should they indeed start a riot.

Page: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools