Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 399

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4575 : July 12, 2013, 01:55:10 PM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
On the contrary...its time to show why the laws are established to own a gun. If someone wants to bring themselves into a place with the intentions of harm well hope they have weighed all the surrounding options...OBD

Why are you quoting what I wrote to make that point? It's a non sequitur. I commented on the possible political / social fallout . You're making a point about your own feelings on guns. This not the first time you've done this where you've quoted me and then respond w/ something unrelated to the point.

I'm not sure what's worse, your ability to reason or your ability to write.

lol -- the irony. You commented on the "possible political/social fallout?"  LOL - See the part in red.  Your initial comment is the non sequitor to this thread . . . and really just trolling.  OBD just responded to it.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4576 : July 12, 2013, 02:31:33 PM

And we're off.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4577 : July 12, 2013, 02:32:44 PM

Deliberation has started. When does everyone think they will reach a verdict? Reaching one today may be a stretch, but I think its possible, these jurors have got to want to go back home and rather then spend the entire weekend on this, they could end it today. My guess is early Monday though, I don't think they wanna get everyone the impression they rushed to judgement and didn't review the evidence. Although considering how little the facts you could really present in this case to prove it wasn't self defense, it shouldn't take that much time.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4578 : July 12, 2013, 02:34:11 PM

Imagine if they came back within half an hour with not guilty. I think Bernie would have a stroke.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4579 : July 12, 2013, 02:36:26 PM

Wow. Entire jury is white, besides 1 and CNN can't tell if she is hispanic or black. This is not going to end well.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4580 : July 12, 2013, 02:36:30 PM

unfortunately, the easy way out for them (by design) is to convict on manslaughter

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4581 : July 12, 2013, 02:47:12 PM

lol @ the NAACP calling for nonviolet acts. Yet actions say otherwise.

Sounds like a Raheemism.

What do they have against flowers? ?

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#4582 : July 12, 2013, 03:02:44 PM

I see that the Seminole County Sherriff is speaking to the community about the social aspects surrounding the case.

I guess he hasn't read the post on this board letting him know that he's engaging in a non sequitur.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4583 : July 12, 2013, 03:11:53 PM

I see that the Seminole County Sherriff is speaking to the community about the social aspects surrounding the case.

I guess he hasn't read the post on this board letting him know that he's engaging in a non sequitur.

Did the Seminole County Sheriff say this:

IInevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns. .....

::)

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#4584 : July 12, 2013, 03:12:17 PM

I will say this, regardless of ones own opinion of the case, it's difficult not to feel some level of empathy for Z when you look at his face as the jury leaves the courtroom. He had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4585 : July 12, 2013, 03:21:22 PM

I will say this, regardless of ones own opinion of the case, it's difficult not to feel some level of empathy for Z when you look at his face as the jury leaves the courtroom. He had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

and the entire weight of the State of Florida on his chest.  Not often that a citizen is prosecuted by a Governor-appointed special prosecutor for MURDER 2 . . .after the police and the state's attorney declined to charge.

This case (and this thread) illustrate that many people are not as "anti-government" as they claim.  Many so-called anti-government types are all for the government when it carries out their political wishes or their sense of justice.

This case also illustrates why some people choose to be defense attorneys**, many of them view themselves as vanguards of the system and so take cases just like this both to stand by a person much of the world hates and to try to maintain the integrity of the system.  Both hang in the balance on this one.

** There are good and bad in every profession, but by and large prosecutors and defense attorneys and judges are professionals who take their jobs very seriously and, in many cases (not all), are people who choose to make far less than they could in the private sector out of a sense they they are doing good.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#4586 : July 12, 2013, 03:48:43 PM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
On the contrary...its time to show why the laws are established to own a gun. If someone wants to bring themselves into a place with the intentions of harm well hope they have weighed all the surrounding options...OBD

Why are you quoting what I wrote to make that point? It's a non sequitur. I commented on the possible political / social fallout . You're making a point about your own feelings on guns. This not the first time you've done this where you've quoted me and then respond w/ something unrelated to the point.

I'm not sure what's worse, your ability to reason or your ability to write.
Actually you left out your ability to understand. But I get it...if there is any deflection in the point of understanding something the way your trying to convey it maybe its best to do it when people can talk about it when tone and more dialogue is appropriate. Maybe I didn't understand it the way you wanted....As far as I know mis interpretations are still bound to happen on a message board....OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#4587 : July 12, 2013, 03:57:06 PM

Wow. Entire jury is white, besides 1 and CNN can't tell if she is hispanic or black. This is not going to end well.
CNN calls that White Hispanic...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#4588 : July 12, 2013, 04:00:18 PM

and the entire weight of the State of Florida on his chest.  Not often that a citizen is prosecuted by a Governor-appointed special prosecutor for MURDER 2 . . .after the police and the state's attorney declined to charge.

This case (and this thread) illustrate that many people are not as "anti-government" as they claim.  Many so-called anti-government types are all for the government when it carries out their political wishes or their sense of justice.

This case also illustrates why some people choose to be defense attorneys**, many of them view themselves as vanguards of the system and so take cases just like this both to stand by a person much of the world hates and to try to maintain the integrity of the system.  Both hang in the balance on this one.

** There are good and bad in every profession, but by and large prosecutors and defense attorneys and judges are professionals who take their jobs very seriously and, in many cases (not all), are people who choose to make far less than they could in the private sector out of a sense they they are doing good.
Very Well Put....It's call having Honor & Integrity With Principles...OBD

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4589 : July 12, 2013, 04:41:41 PM

jury has a question for the judge .... uh oh ... evidence list
: July 12, 2013, 04:46:12 PM VinBucFan

Page: 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools