Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 ... 399

ingey1968

Starter

#4950 : July 14, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

The State overplayed there hand. had they went after Man Slaughter to begin with, he prob doesn't walk.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4951 : July 14, 2013, 09:48:12 PM

BTW - it was just confirmed on CNN that Zimmerman will be able to defend a civil case with a stand your ground defense.

I guess they mean that he would argue that SYG is the negligence standard. Interesting

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4952 : July 14, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

True.

But that is all legal semantics and history as of now.

What precedent was set as a result of this case?  Anyone?

ufcguy32

Starter

#4953 : July 14, 2013, 09:56:04 PM

boid, he is a kid but let me tell you this. everyday kids are charged as ADULTS when they commit crimes. so either they know the difference between right and wrong and have to answer like an adult or they have no responsibility. do you think trayvon would have killed zimmerman had he not shot him? answer me that one? this so called innocent kid who had not even a scratch on him other than the shot was slamming the guys head on the concrete. so lets say he never got shot, are you gonna tell me that you would have been ok with him killing zimmerman? 
yes i got into fights as a kid, however those were different times. when we fought it was usually over with and most of the time ended up actually being friends. we didnt use guns or knives we used our hands. thats it.  now people get killed over a can of soda or some tennis shoes.  people are always on guard bc you never know if someone is gonna stab, shoot, or try to kill you when your in a fight. its why a lot of people carry a gun. i personally dont have a gun, in fact ive never shot one. just my preference.  i do feel for his parents, but the reaction of these players, the president, and people all acting outraged is nothing more than a excuse to carry out aggression and create hostility among people.  there are crimes that happen everyday that are more horrific than this and no one is protesting their deaths? wheres the outrage from the president in their deaths. this is a selective railroading "painting him to be white" the guy is hispanic and had plenty of neighbors of black , white , hispanic who all vouged him to be a good guy and not a racist. maybe he got in over his head by following him but its obvious the guy didnt start the physical fight. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4954 : July 14, 2013, 10:09:13 PM

Why are you so enraged if you are so certain what happened?

God willing, one day you will get the "privilege" of knowing. But my answer will be what you get.

It was an awful moment that took away a young life that could have changed NAND you yourself said he was a kid.

He had a long life ahead if him, lord knows, and it was taken away as that bullet ripped through his skinny, teenage body, as he struggled to get some air into his lungs but no matter what he did, this time the "air getting knocked out of him" pain, that excruciating fear and panic and shock all wen through him and stopped his young heart cold. His last thoughts were probably of his mother...how he wanted his momma.

He was a kid who fought. And died.

Would you have done what GZ did?  I would have called 911, got my gun, locked my doors, and like in Call Of Duty, I would have camped and waited.

Kid is dead. He was scared before he died. Alone.

He got the better of GZ in a fistfight, and for that I am glad. Just looking at that fat lard makes me sick. And to thinks rail thin Martin was whipping him further creates a picture of GZ a a fat puzzy bully.

RIP Trayvon Martin.

ufcguy32

Starter

#4955 : July 14, 2013, 10:11:34 PM

From January 1, 2011 through February 26, 2012, police were called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times.[67] During the 18 months preceding the February 26 shooting, Zimmerman called the non-emergency police line seven times. On five of those calls, Zimmerman reported su**CENSORED**ious looking men in the area, but never offered the men's race without first being asked by the dispatcher.[81][82][83] Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, and one shooting.[84] Twin Lakes residents said there were dozens of reports of attempted break-ins, which had created an atmosphere of fear in their neighborhood.[2]

In September 2011, the Twin Lakes residents held an organizational meeting to create a neighborhood watch program. Zimmerman was selected by neighbors as the program's coordinator, according to Wendy Dorival, Neighborhood Watch organizer for the Sanford Police Department.[5][5][85]

Three weeks prior to the shooting, on February 2, 2012, Zimmerman called police to report a young man peering into the windows of an empty Twin Lakes home. Zimmerman was told a police car was on the way and he waited for their arrival. By the time police arrived, the suspect had fled. On February 6, workers witnessed two young black men lingering in the yard of a Twin Lakes resident around the same time her home was burglarized. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. The next day police discovered the stolen laptop in the backpack of a young black man, which led to his arrest. Zimmerman identified this young man as the same person he had spotted peering into windows on February 2.[2]

Zimmerman had been licensed to carry a firearm since November 2009. In response to Zimmerman's multiple reports regarding a loose pit bull in the Twin Lakes neighborhood, a Seminole County Animal Services officer advised Zimmerman to "get a gun", according to a friend, rather than rely on pepper spray to fend off the pit bull, which on one occasion had cornered his wife.[2] Although neighborhood watch volunteers are not encouraged to carry weapons, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee acknowledged that Zimmerman had a legal right to carry his firearm on the night of the shooting.[67

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4956 : July 14, 2013, 10:13:54 PM

Who cares?

Kid is dead bro. Sorry you can't see that, and fail to see how awful it must be to lose a child.

Done with ya. My words on this matter ring true. No matter what jibber jabber braying you post.

Have a chat with your conscience. When you are terrified. Tell me how hard you believed in God then.

ufcguy32

Starter

#4957 : July 14, 2013, 10:20:10 PM

your delusional. is it a tragedy that he is dead. yes. is it wrong that zimmerman went free? the answer is no and according to the jury of his peers. all mothers by the way they agree that the evidence doesnt support him having malice or intent to hurt martin. why are you so stupid that you turn blindly and continue to be a sheep that says this kid was just minding his business like he was skipping and jumping rope. maybe zimmerman shouldnt have followed him and the whole thing could have been avoided but thats not what happened.  to call the guy a racist and start railroading him when you dont know **CENSORED** about the guy other than " he is a fat turd" your no better than you claim him to be. you judge people based on appearances and based on what was happening prior in the neighborhood and the break ins i dont think it was unreasonable for him to try and make sure he wasnt up to no good. no one knows exactly how the confrontation started but it ended with trayvon beating zimmerman and a shot fired. self defense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4958 : July 14, 2013, 10:25:18 PM

You are an idiot.

Sorry man. I apologize.

But I never made any mention of wether I thought GZ was guilty or innocent.  So again, take your presumptions to your grave. I could care less. More presumption on your part. Bad form. Especially when discussing matters of such important moral implication.

So what do you think I think bro?

Yeah.

ufcguy32

Starter

#4959 : July 14, 2013, 10:25:26 PM

you're just plain ignorant.  i never said it was a good thing the kid was dead. yes its awful. my point is about the people who are up in arms and want to quote hurt zimmerman. have a chat with your conscience you obviously fail to accept responsibility for just about anything in life. your words are nothing but jibber and bull**CENSORED**.  stick to the facts.

Who cares?

Kid is dead bro. Sorry you can't see that, and fail to see how awful it must be to lose a child.

Done with ya. My words on this matter ring true. No matter what jibber jabber braying you post.

Have a chat with your conscience. When you are terrified. Tell me how hard you believed in God then.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4960 : July 14, 2013, 10:28:38 PM

your delusional. is it a tragedy that he is dead. yes. is it wrong that zimmerman went free? the answer is no and according to the jury of his peers.

OJ was set free by a jury of his peers, bro.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4961 : July 14, 2013, 10:29:05 PM

Who said GZ was guilty?

Who did he was innocent?

He is free.

Kid is dead.

Those are the only facts you and I are aware of.

Thanks for playing.

ufcguy32

Starter

#4962 : July 14, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

these are your words not mine. calling someone a fat turd. you obviously believe he was wrong in what he did which is fine. its your opinion. but dont sit here and lie and bull**CENSORED** saying you dont. have an opinion on it when you are going around talking **CENSORED** about the guy. get a clue

GZ is a fat turd.

And he went into a situation that went tragic. How many if you guys would have done what fat turd GZ did?  Yeah, I thought so...

And I am talking the ENTIRE event. I you say you would, you have problems.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4963 : July 14, 2013, 10:30:21 PM

your delusional. is it a tragedy that he is dead. yes. is it wrong that zimmerman went free? the answer is no and according to the jury of his peers.

RACIST!

;)

ufcguy32

Starter

#4964 : July 14, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

i see your point. however, i think the two cases are completely different in nature . 

Page: 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools