Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 399

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #525 : March 28, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »

Hilarious...I am only stating my personal opinions.  Nothing more.

D bag40:  So you are saying you know more than the on scene investigators?  This whole thing has stunk since I heard about it...wanna be cop packing heat kills kid walking home while on neighborhood watch? Kid is carrying tea and skittles.  If commn sense doesn't tell you there is something majorly wrong here...well....
Never said I did...just know more then you.

Did the police handle it the wrong way? Yes. Absolutely.

But the evidence points to be in Zimmerman's favor.

You can't question the dead. And witnesses are backing up Zimmerman.

Plus I don't get the wannabe cop bit. He was just trying to protect peoples property. He works for a bank as a mortgage consultant/analyst. He probably makes more then cops...

He was in his full legal right to carry a concealed weapon. He went through the training and lengthy process to get it. If he felt his life was in danger he has every right to use it.

If Trayvon doesn't struggle with the guy and cooperates then all of this doesn't happen. But justify it somehow as saying you would fight "x individual" because he was "creepin on you".   Its Zimmerman's community and he had more right to be there then Trayvon did.

I saw what type of character individual Martin was. I guarantee everyone would have a change of heart if they saw the "gold grill" picture first over the little 13 year old picture. And lets not pretend like this kid was 14-16. He probably was not far off from being 18. So acting as if this is some little kid riding a bicycle and playing catch with friends is another case of media induced bias. The "smear" campaign is just evidence showing that it is totally possible that he was up to no good out there. Nobody likes to address the bookbag filled with stolen jewelry and a large flathead screwdriver capable of being used as a crowbar. No...that would make too much sense.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #526 : March 28, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »

The blows just keep on coming.

Trayvon Martin Video Shows No Blood or Bruises on George Zimmerman

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.

Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.

Police Video Surveillance of George Zimmerman

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.

His lawyer later insisted that Zimmerman's nose had been broken in his scuffle with 17-year-old Martin.

In the video an officer is seen pausing to look at the back of Zimmerman's head, but no abrasions or blood can be seen in the video and he did not check into the emergency room following the police questioning.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.T3OnZTEgcvk

Yeah...cause a video camera is definitive proof that he wasn't injured.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #527 : March 28, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »

Zimmerman: "It was probable cause. Suck on that!"

----------------------------------------------------------

On the day of the shooting, Sanford police officials determined that they did not have enough evidence to the contrary to detain Zimmerman. Whether they were su**CENSORED**ious of his story would not have mattered. They would have had to produce hard evidence to the contrary. The “probable cause” criterion is derived from the Constitution and is meant to protect against unreasonable arrest.

“The normal rule in American law is that a police officer must have ‘probable cause’ in order to arrest someone,” writes Kopel.

This does not mean Zimmerman is innocent, of course. Since the shooting other evidence has come to light, such as the assertion by Martin’s girl friend that during a cell phone call he told her he was being followed and was trying to escape. The Sanford police could have botched their initial investigation.

But as the Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates notes, the case to be made against Zimmerman “will not be an easy one.”

The point is not whether investigators disbelieve Zimmerman. The point is whether they can prove that he is lying. Given that the other participant in the altercation is dead and unable to testify, that won’t be easy.

“I think it’s worth understanding how difficult it is going to be to prosecute Zimmerman,” writes Mr. Coates.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0328/Trayvon-Martin-case-Why-hasn-t-George-Zimmerman-been-arrested-video

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #528 : March 28, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »

Zimmerman killed all the witnesses that could testify against him.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #529 : March 28, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »

Zimmerman killed all the witnesses that could testify against him.
This story isn't  national news if he didn't.  We wouldn't be talking about it right now if thats the case. So it honestly doesn't matter.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #530 : March 28, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »

Yeah...cause a video camera is definitive proof that he wasn't injured.

Definitive proof that he wasn't injured at all? Probably not. Definitive proof that he wasn't injured in the way that was stated in the police report? Yes. Absolutely. I'm watching the video on MSNBC as we speak. Zimmerman is shaven bald, and as his back turns to the camera, there is not even so much as a scratch to be seen on his head. There is also not a hint of blood on his clothing. As the report states, Zimmerman is also much more physically fit than initially suspected. He is more stocky than he is portly, and seems to be in decent shape. Certainly doesn't look like some overweight marshmallow that couldn't have handled a 160 lbs kid. It certainly sheds a bit more light on to why Chris Serino wasn't quite buying Zimmerman's story.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #531 : March 28, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »

I saw what type of character individual Martin was. I guarantee everyone would have a change of heart if they saw the "gold grill" picture first over the little 13 year old picture. And lets not pretend like this kid was 14-16. He probably was not far off from being 18. So acting as if this is some little kid riding a bicycle and playing catch with friends is another case of media induced bias. The "smear" campaign is just evidence showing that it is totally possible that he was up to no good out there. Nobody likes to address the bookbag filled with stolen jewelry and a large flathead screwdriver capable of being used as a crowbar. No...that would make too much sense.

Case Closed.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #532 : March 28, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »

So much crap on here can't find it. CBW do I owe Anomaly an apology ? Did you post the affidavit? Anomaly sorry if I mixed up your statement with the article I read.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #533 : March 28, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »

!

From what I can tell, Zimmerman was justified in killing the kid.   I'm not even sure why it's being debated.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #534 : March 28, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »

Never said I did...just know more then you.

Did the police handle it the wrong way? Yes. Absolutely.

But the evidence points to be in Zimmerman's favor.

You can't question the dead. And witnesses are backing up Zimmerman.

Plus I don't get the wannabe cop bit. He was just trying to protect peoples property. He works for a bank as a mortgage consultant/analyst. He probably makes more then cops...

He was in his full legal right to carry a concealed weapon. He went through the training and lengthy process to get it. If he felt his life was in danger he has every right to use it.

If Trayvon doesn't struggle with the guy and cooperates then all of this doesn't happen. But justify it somehow as saying you would fight "x individual" because he was "creepin on you".   Its Zimmerman's community and he had more right to be there then Trayvon did.

Now I know you don't have a clue.  My best friend went through this proces.  It was NOTHING.  In fact, he was actually amazed at how easy it was...and made a comment that several people in his class had no business carrying a concealed weapon let alone ANY weapon.  You are pretty transparent at this point.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #535 : March 28, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »

From what I can tell, Zimmerman was justified in killing the kid.   I'm not even sure why it's being debated.

Hahha! You knew it was only a matter of time!

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #536 : March 28, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »

Oh well by all means....your word is absolute gold Anomaly. I mean...well **CENSORED** your friend said its easy so it must be! Nothing like secondhand reports from such credible sources. Nothing like point of view to distort the truth or reality!

If im transparent..then you must be cloudy...you have zero bias what-so-ever in this issue.

Let me congratulate you on a fine job for staying so objective about this.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #537 : March 28, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »

Agreed. Sad and predictable

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #538 : March 28, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »

Agreed. Sad and predictable

Nah C'mon, Vince. Don't take it too serious. Java does what he does. I for one appreciate that he brings something different.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #539 : March 28, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »

I'm not sure what you think "something different" to be.   I'm on the side of the police and the law abiding citizen who was attacked by the guy who ended up getting killed.

The audio on this site along with that video makes it an open and shut case.    Zimmerman was justified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools