Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#270 : August 09, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

things ain't looking good in this year's final major - how he goes from being red hot one week then loses it the next is Ripleys.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#271 : August 09, 2013, 07:24:33 PM

The financial part is accurate.  But Tiger is going to be measured against Nicklaus, and to be on the winning side of that contest he will need to win the necessary majors.

agree, think there's still time? I remember when he seemed a foregone conclusion.  Who knows, if there is time and his game were to recover, I guess the chase might be an even bigger story then it would have been
ON some courses he looks unbeatable, on others mediocre.  Strangest damned thing.  With his driving issues one would not expect great play at Firestone - but this week at Oak Hill he doesn't even need a driver and he is having issues playing to the left side of every hole.  Very hard to understand. 

So if the PGA has enough courses Woods is comfortable on over the next 10 years he might break the record.  If not, nope - he can't seem to carry his game from course to course.  And one can look at the consistency of his schedule year in and year out to see where he is comfortable. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#272 : August 11, 2013, 06:50:52 PM

congrats to Dufner... should be his second PGA.....got it done this time. hope he can quit his oral tobacco habit

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#273 : August 11, 2013, 11:16:13 PM

Dufner's play today was about as good as it gets from tee to green.  Middle of the fairway and then at the pin.  Freaky good

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#274 : August 12, 2013, 06:07:10 PM

Dufner is loving life right now......

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#275 : September 27, 2013, 02:16:45 PM

Tiger voted PGA Tour Player of the Year for 11th time

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/09/27/tiger-woods-pga-tour-player-of-the-year/2882105/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#276 : September 27, 2013, 02:56:13 PM

The golf thread is back?   Whoo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#277 : September 27, 2013, 06:09:31 PM

Tiger must have won something -

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#278 : September 27, 2013, 08:16:23 PM

Lefty has never won Player of the Year. TW has eleven.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#279 : September 28, 2013, 12:09:06 PM

Why the fixation on Mickelson?  Just bc he continues to win majors?  Face it - until Woods is able to control his driver the major championships and narrow courses are going to be an issue for him. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#280 : September 28, 2013, 09:19:24 PM

Why the fixation on Mickelson?  Just bc he continues to win majors?  Face it - until Woods is able to control his driver the major championships and narrow courses are going to be an issue for him.

Good assessment of Eldrick, and its hard to believe he is 37 already, so I don't know how much his game will be changing in the years ahead.

Mickelson is loaded cash wise, I don't know the numbers off hand, but I would guess its not that far off from Tigers winnings.  Mickelson strikes me as a guy who knows how to invest wisely. I don't think he will be applying for food stamps or unemployment any time soon.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#281 : September 28, 2013, 10:50:28 PM

Good assessment of Eldrick, and its hard to believe he is 37 already, so I don't know how much his game will be changing in the years ahead.

Mickelson is loaded cash wise, I don't know the numbers off hand, but I would guess its not that far off from Tigers winnings.  Mickelson strikes me as a guy who knows how to invest wisely. I don't think he will be applying for food stamps or unemployment any time soon.
Lefty is silly enough to live in Ca - where the taxes have to be eating him up....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#282 : September 29, 2013, 04:03:26 AM

Lefty is silly enough to live in Ca - where the taxes have to be eating him up....

He made a comment awhile back, maybe a year or so.  That he needed to get the hell out of Cali, the taxes were killing him.  But he quickly backed off the comment within a day or two.  For whatever reason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#283 : September 29, 2013, 04:57:41 PM

He made a comment awhile back, maybe a year or so.  That he needed to get the hell out of Cali, the taxes were killing him.  But he quickly backed off the comment within a day or two.  For whatever reason.
Because every liberal in the country went after his azz

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#284 : September 30, 2013, 05:24:44 PM

Because every liberal in the country went after his azz

Agree.  I guess a high profile guy like him, has to be careful what he says, as to not offend sponsors and mess up endorsements.  Meanwhile, many other well to do Californians, are packing up and headed to Nevada, Arizona and Texas.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools