Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#210 : May 13, 2013, 11:10:36 PM

Marshalls dispute Wood's version of the "incident"

http://kr3.conduit.global.media.yahoo.com/news/marshals-dispute-woods-comments-014034110--golf.html

However, marshal Gary Anderson told SI.com, "He didn't ask us nothing, and we didn't say nothing. We're told not to talk to the players."

The chief marshal for the first three holes, John North, who stood over Woods' ball on that hole, told SI.com, "Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him. I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We're there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character."

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#211 : May 14, 2013, 12:53:37 PM

Just got back, awesome experience. Nothing like 40 thousand people laughing at Sergio as he put it in the drink 3 times on 17 and 18.

I've gone to the Players the last four years - and went to several in the early 2000s..... the murmur of the crowd as the players get up to the 17th tee is different from anything I've seen or heard in golf.    I'm an 8 HCPer and couldn't take the pressure of that shot w/ 40k and the national TV audience (over 8 TV cameras from all angles around the green, including overhead).  I still am not sure if that hole is really what golf is all about - seems like there should be a clowns' mouth or windmill somewhere on the green.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#212 : May 14, 2013, 02:35:58 PM

when I watched in the comfort of my livingroom, thought this was the case - couldn't believe the drop he took:

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#213 : May 17, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

RIP Ken Venturi

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#214 : June 01, 2013, 05:50:51 PM

holy cow, TW, what the hell happened?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#215 : June 03, 2013, 03:57:47 AM

holy cow, TW, what the hell happened?

Rough weekend for him.  Must be having woman probs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#216 : June 03, 2013, 07:07:10 AM

Sergio's fried chicken comment shook him up.

Better get his act together before Merion/US Open.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#217 : June 16, 2013, 09:52:11 PM

Clutch performance by Justin Rose. Good guy - glad he won.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#218 : June 16, 2013, 09:54:48 PM

Clutch performance by Justin Rose. Good guy - glad he won.

+1

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#219 : June 16, 2013, 10:36:00 PM

Sergio's fried chicken comment shook him up.

Better get his act together before Merion/US Open.

He looked off all weekend.  I heard something about an elbow injury?  Even so, his putting was horrendous, I wouldn't think putting would be affected by an elbow injury.  He should of tried the anchored putting technique. Seems to work for a lot of guys.  They are going to ban it, but not until 2016 IIRC.

I thought Mickelson was going to win it, missed some crucial shots down the stretch.  Looked like a helluva tough course.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#220 : June 16, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

Anyone see Tiger this weekend?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#221 : June 16, 2013, 10:42:35 PM

Anyone see Tiger this weekend?

I saw a guy out there that looked like him, but I don't think he was the real Tiger.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#222 : June 16, 2013, 10:43:52 PM

I heard he was back .......

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#223 : June 16, 2013, 10:53:39 PM

Back to the drawing board maybe.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#224 : June 17, 2013, 07:39:25 AM

Justin Rose is now in third place in golf's world rankings after his US Open win at Merion at the weekend. The 32-year-old moved up two in the overall standings following his two-shot win over Phil Mickelson and Jason Day on Sunday.
Mickelson -- a six-time runner-up in the event -- climbed four spots to sixth, while Day hit a career-best 16th.

Tiger Woods remained world number one.

1 Tiger Woods (USA) 13.05

2 Rory McIlroy (NIR) 9.52

3 Justin Rose (ENG) 8.18

4 Adam Scott (AUS) 7.35

5 Matt Kuchar (USA) 6.68

6 Phil Mickelson (USA) 6.17

You heard right.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools