Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : April 04, 2012, 02:29:23 PM

Desperate need for spell-check.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 04, 2012, 02:46:23 PM

Desperate need for spell-check.

You might be overly sensative on the matter.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 04, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. They have freedom of speech.
Spoken like a true shepard.

Try and get that through sheep like BucNY and you'll really impress me.

Based on this thread I can think of absolutely no reason what so ever why I would want to even try and impress you.

You don't ask Fireman to run into burning buildings to save your sorry ass, but they do it anyway.
You don't ask Police Officers to put themselves in between you and a bank robber, but they do it anyway.
You apparently do not ask or agree with what these men and women fight and die for, but they do it anyway.

Your damn plane won't take off any faster so honoring them once in a while to respect the sacrifice they are being asked to make isn't going to harm you one jot.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country," when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 04, 2012, 03:33:37 PM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Wow, while I agree that there are occupations that should get more respect than they do, this is totally **CENSORED**ed up. First, i don't think it's been from 9/11, which had nothing to with our military. It was probably started after the Iraq invasion in 2003 ... and if you're really this upset because occasionally a few people, most who have sacrificed to serve this country, get to put their carry-ons overhead before you, you've got some serious, serious issues ....

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2012, 03:51:46 PM

Anyone who's boarded a plane since 9/11 knows the procedure. Before 1st class boards and right after the handicap board, service members in uniforms are allowed to board.
Why the special attn.?
Why don't they ask if there are any teachers that would like to board 1st. They go to war everyday and are asked to do more with less.
Why don't they ask social workers who deal with juvenile delinquents if they want to board 1st? They deal with the rebellious outcast of society for pennies.
Why don't they ask sanitation workers who deal with our shiat everyday? Literally.

I don't salute the army or it's members out of obligation and before you sensative types jump all over this statement, my old man is a Vietnam vet, uncle is a desert storm vet, sister and younger brother joined and they all know my position.

I'm against war. I hate that there are army recruiting stations at high schools and the absolute waste of money and resources that is the military complex.

Next time I fly, I'm dressing up as a soldier, complete with toy m16, and I'm boarding before everyone else. Take that uncle sam!

Wow, while I agree that there are occupations that should get more respect than they do, this is totally **CENSORED**ed up. First, i don't think it's been from 9/11, which had nothing to with our military. It was probably started after the Iraq invasion in 2003 ... and if you're really this upset because occasionally a few people, most who have sacrificed to serve this country, get to put their carry-ons overhead before you, you've got some serious, serious issues ....
Who's upset? Not me. If anything I was being sarcastic about dressing up in army garb to jump in line.

BTW, this thread was inspired by a service member in uniform that didn't jump at the chance to board before other passengers.
I fly A lot and I've never seen a service member do that and it got me thinking about how businesses and even the ceremony of singing the national anthem(battle cry) seems like an endorsement for the military which seem svery hypocritical considering the millions of veterans here in the states who get shafted on medical benefits.
Why doesn't the airlines ask if there are any veterans not in uniform that would like to board first?

I could care less about being in a rush to board a flight I'm not excited about. It's the principle.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 04, 2012, 04:20:37 PM

Why the special attn.?

Who's upset? Not me. If anything I was being sarcastic about dressing up in army garb to jump in line.

BTW, this thread was inspired by a service member in uniform that didn't jump at the chance to board before other passengers.
I fly A lot and I've never seen a service member do that and it got me thinking about how businesses and even the ceremony of singing the national anthem(battle cry) seems like an endorsement for the military which seem svery hypocritical considering the millions of veterans here in the states who get shafted on medical benefits.
Why doesn't the airlines ask if there are any veterans not in uniform that would like to board first?

I could care less about being in a rush to board a flight I'm not excited about. It's the principle.

You do realize that it's not the airlines shafting veterans on medical benefits .... then it would be hypocritical.

So you'd be okay if they asked ANY veterans, uniformed or not, to board first ... What exactly IS the principle??

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 04, 2012, 04:20:54 PM

Because they're literally putting their lives on the line for our benefit. 

Well you're at least half right.

Certainly service people serve for their own benefit as well (education, better life etc.), but are there any other reasons in your mind? If they don't serve "for our benefit" then are they purely and solely motivated by their own circumstances?

The statement says "putting their lives on the line for our benefit".

Why individuals choose to serve is another matter entirely.

Got it, so your beef is with the government not the soldiers.  So when you see a soldier getting on a plane you see the soldier as a representative of the government more so than just a soldier.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 04, 2012, 04:28:34 PM

Certainly service people serve for their own benefit as well (education, better life etc.), but are there any other reasons in your mind? If they don't serve "for our benefit" then are they purely and solely motivated by their own circumstances?

Got it, so your beef is with the government not the soldiers.

Your anal cavity must be huge to pull out all that idiocy.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 04, 2012, 04:34:06 PM

Got it, so your beef is with the government not the soldiers.

Your anal cavity must be huge to pull out all that idiocy.

Well, I guess that's one way to respond. Another would be "you misunderstand . .. ."  But hey, shame on me for expecting something like that.
: April 04, 2012, 04:42:46 PM vincepb3

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 04, 2012, 04:43:11 PM

That's the way I roll when you purposely mischaracterize my words.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 04, 2012, 05:09:10 PM

Why the special attn.?

You do realize that it's not the airlines shafting veterans on medical benefits .... then it would be hypocritical.

So you'd be okay if they asked ANY veterans, uniformed or not, to board first ... What exactly IS the principle??
I don't care for the military and the waste of money and resources that it is. So naturally I don't care for special preferences for military members (nothing personal).
That said, if your going to show preference, then yes, I'd be okay if they offered ANY veterans the opportunity to board first, not just active.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 04, 2012, 05:37:02 PM

That's the way I roll when you purposely mischaracterize my words.

I did not know you were a mind reader or, at least, a wanna-be mind reader.  Hope you have another source of income because you are not so good at mind reading (and, frankly, a little hyper-defensive). Just misunderstood.  Need to brush up on my cryptic, I guess.

Oh well, roll on MacDuff, King of the Pirate Board Mind Reader Club.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 04, 2012, 06:14:37 PM

As a former member of the military, I always knew there were people like the OP who probably never served in the military and resented the appreciation shown to those of us who have served.
Thats why you joined?
You were young and saw a soldier board a plane first and every since you wanted to be soldier so people can show you appreciation.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 04, 2012, 06:16:24 PM

As a former member of the military, I always knew there were people like the OP who probably never served in the military and resented the appreciation shown to those of us who have served.

Well there are people out there that have different views of it. Some don't view it as a service to the people, but a service to the state. The idea that the military is killing people in order for the elites to protect their own interests in the world.

That was very much a sentiment during the Vietnam war. And then again somewhat during the Iraq war among the far-left. And then just look at how many people out there hate cops.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : April 04, 2012, 06:37:40 PM

Something very curious about the juxtaposition of "service members" and "get all the love. "

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why do service members get all the love? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools