Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

gone

Hall of Famer
« #15 : April 19, 2012, 02:26:15 AM »

Love to see what McCoy can do with a full year

That's the key point, although I grant you Schiano's defense will be better than Rahsaan make believe curtain.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 19, 2012, 02:35:16 AM »

39 tackles and four sacks for a pick like McCoy...damn...SMH...

He isn't helping anyone around him either.  No sacks, no pressure.

excellent use of sarcasm here.

Until a big year by Suh, Haynseworth, and WIlliams, that would be a respectable stat line. Most years the leading DT/NT in sacks sits around the 5-6 sack mark. McCoy is the most disruptive player on the line(Clayborn showed promise and Bennett showed up too).

The only thing in question is his ability to stay healthy and his ability to not put up quotes for all the whiners to cry about.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #17 : April 19, 2012, 03:17:39 AM »

"So Gerald, what do you think about the new coaching staff?"

"I'm not allowed to talk about any of that until I'm a perennial Pro Bowler, sorry guys. Red Board rules."

hahahaha

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 19, 2012, 04:11:50 AM »

39 tackles and four sacks for a pick like McCoy...damn...SMH...

He isn't helping anyone around him either.  No sacks, no pressure.

excellent use of sarcasm here.

Until a big year by Suh, Haynseworth, and WIlliams, that would be a respectable stat line. Most years the leading DT/NT in sacks sits around the 5-6 sack mark. McCoy is the most disruptive player on the line(Clayborn showed promise and Bennett showed up too).

The only thing in question is his ability to stay healthy and his ability to not put up quotes for all the whiners to cry about.

You gotta remember, those are McCoy's career stats not single season stats.....and he has already been paid $36,198,750 to produce those stats.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 19, 2012, 04:55:16 AM »

So McCoy is paid about 1 million dollars per tackle.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 19, 2012, 05:35:21 AM »

So McCoy is paid about 1 million dollars per tackle.

Yep. I think McCoy and Sebastian Janikowski may be the only two NFL players getting paid $1 million per tackle.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #21 : April 19, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »

According to some on this board this is the first year McCoy will have had decent coaching. According to some on this board the last decent DT we had was/is a real a$$hole. I'm willing to give McCoy the benefit of the doubt since the possibility is there for Sapp like production with Lynch like character. You can't fault the kid for season ending injuries and trying to inspire some confidence in his teammates. There is nothing wrong with his attitude. He's confident. That's a good thing.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : April 19, 2012, 07:29:21 AM »

McCoy eager to lead by example......"People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"

Says the guy who was in the group of players participating in non-contact activities.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 19, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »

Has anyone talkend more **CENSORED** and accomplished less in the league than the  Geraldini ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : April 19, 2012, 07:50:09 AM »

“Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?”

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #25 : April 19, 2012, 07:51:41 AM »

McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"...is that because opponents will be too busy throwing the ball downfield for 30 yds?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 19, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »

According to some on this board this is the first year McCoy will have had decent coaching. According to some on this board the last decent DT we had was/is a real a$$hole. I'm willing to give McCoy the benefit of the doubt since the possibility is there for Sapp like production with Lynch like character. You can't fault the kid for season ending injuries and trying to inspire some confidence in his teammates. There is nothing wrong with his attitude. He's confident. That's a good thing.
Confidence is, indeed, a good thing. But a little less of ''talking the talk'' and a little more of ''walking the walk'' would suffice here. As for Sapp, I never cared about how much of a jerk he was off the field. When he had big games, he dominated in a way that we haven't seen from McCoy or Suh or any of the DTs today. Remember the MNF game in St. Louis in 2001? Remember what he did to the Niners in 1997? Kurt Warner sure remembers that sack on MNF in 2000. I'm not asking McCoy to be Warren. I'm asking him to play at least 14 games this year. He does that and talks a tad less, IMHO the Bucs will be OK.

In Verner We Trust

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #27 : April 19, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

Go for Barber-like character.  Much better.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 19, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

McCoy eager to lead by example......"People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"

Says the guy who was in the group of players participating in non-contact activities.

Link?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : April 19, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »

Believe under the new CBA there is no contact in OTA's.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools