Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #30 : April 19, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »

Believe under the new CBA there is no contact in OTA's.

Take that up w/ Holder, Stroud and Schiano.

I'LL BE READY: DT Gerald McCoy, participating in noncontact drills because of his surgically repaired right biceps, said he would be 100 percent by the start of training camp.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-greg-schiano-denies-reports-about-trading/1225761

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #31 : April 19, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »

McCoy eager to lead by example......"People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"

Says the guy who was in the group of players participating in non-contact activities.

Link?

You're welcome.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-greg-schiano-denies-reports-about-trading/1225761

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #32 : April 19, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »

“He’s definitely re-established order,” McCoy said. “You can kind of tell we lost a little discipline and order around here, but he’s re-established it very well and he’s made it very clear that there will be order. Nobody in the building is exempt. If we’re going to turn this thing around, it has to be the whole organization, not just players and coaches.”

I found that sound bite from the interview  very interesting...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 19, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

no pressure.

Did you watch any of the games he was in last year? He was the only guy in the backfield, the only guy! You're way off base here.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 19, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »

“He’s definitely re-established order,” McCoy said. “You can kind of tell we lost a little discipline and order around here, but he’s re-established it very well and he’s made it very clear that there will be order. Nobody in the building is exempt. If we’re going to turn this thing around, it has to be the whole organization, not just players and coaches.”

I found that sound bite from the interview  very interesting...
Me too. From Schianos pov, thats the only way he's going to get their respect with his style of coaching. Everyones accountable.

As for some ppl crapping on 93 for getting injured, thats as tasteless as rooting for an athelete to get injured.

If you wouldn't bash him to his face, dont bash him on this mb.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 19, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »

McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"...

This might be evidence that McCoy has a neck condition that doesnt allow him to look at what is behind him...

...I gotta believe that if he glanced back and saw #s 56-59...he would sing a totally different song...

Good God our LBs suck....were **CENSORED**ed if we dont get some help..

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 19, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »

McCoy eager to lead by example......"People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen"

Says the guy who was in the group of players participating in non-contact activities.

Link?

You're welcome.

http://prod.www.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Bucs-In-Phase-as-Offseason-Program-Shifts-Gears/46f300da-9514-498d-99bf-11e82aca1e16

Thanks for the link.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #37 : April 19, 2012, 09:38:28 AM »

Yeah he is not as good as his draft status when looking at his production, but that's just because of not playing and his play has been closer to his draft status especially last year when he was on the field. I can see not liking that he's talking too much but let's not go overboard and say it's because he's a bad player.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #38 : April 19, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »

I can't believe the audacity of McCoy, being confident? pfff... How dare he?

Only in Tampa the most disruptive player on d gets bashed for talking up the defense just because the guy got injured playing at a high level.. But price gets praised for having more heart while he rolls around on the ground being a turnstile more than a defensive tackle.

and I like price so don't get me wrong.

Yes McCoy needs to play the whole season but let's not act like he doesn't back up what he says. The guys around him need to back up the praise he gives them by performing.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 19, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »

I can't believe the audacity of McCoy, being confident? pfff... How dare he?

Only in Tampa the most disruptive player on d gets bashed for talking up the defense just because the guy got injured playing at a high level.. But price gets praised for having more heart while he rolls around on the ground being a turnstile more than a defensive tackle.

and I like price so don't get me wrong.

Yes McCoy needs to play the whole season but let's not act like he doesn't back up what he says. The guys around him need to back up the praise he gives them by performing.
+1

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #40 : April 19, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »

According to some on this board this is the first year McCoy will have had decent coaching. According to some on this board the last decent DT we had was/is a real a$$hole. I'm willing to give McCoy the benefit of the doubt since the possibility is there for Sapp like production with Lynch like character. You can't fault the kid for season ending injuries and trying to inspire some confidence in his teammates. There is nothing wrong with his attitude. He's confident. That's a good thing.
Confidence is, indeed, a good thing. But a little less of ''talking the talk'' and a little more of ''walking the walk'' would suffice here. As for Sapp, I never cared about how much of a jerk he was off the field. When he had big games, he dominated in a way that we haven't seen from McCoy or Suh or any of the DTs today. Remember the MNF game in St. Louis in 2001? Remember what he did to the Niners in 1997? Kurt Warner sure remembers that sack on MNF in 2000. I'm not asking McCoy to be Warren. I'm asking him to play at least 14 games this year. He does that and talks a tad less, IMHO the Bucs will be OK.

+ one million

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : April 19, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »

McCoy is all mouth. 

Tired of hearing him yap.

Just STFU and stop being a quote, and just go out and kick azz without telling us how you are going to do it.

Seriously...when Sapp ran his mouth, you listened.  Because he DID whathe said he was going to do.

WhenMcCoy runs his mouth, i think of Jeff Faine.  And how McCoy calls everyone a "beast".  Just...damn...put you rmoney where your mouth is.  And hold up a sign for me when you actually do it, wouldya? 

What the hell else is he going to say? He should just be quiet.

McCoy will get that type of response, deservedly so, until he stays on the field, but a few things that are off a bit.  First, McCoy is not Sapp in any way, shape or form, so the comparison is off, particularly looking at stats. McCoy has never been a big sack guy.  Second, when he is on the field he is a difference maker.  When McCoy is in the lineup, the Bucs are 11-8. When he is not, they are 3-10.  They have been the youngest team in the league during this timeframe.  He has a clear impact on the game when he is on the field.  Barber and Schiano have said as much recently and just think back to the Falcons game. Third, there is not much he can do about the interviews.  He is the leader of the defense given his draft status.  I get being annoyed at the lack of production, but really no way to avoid the interview and its probably not reasonable to expect him to give a modest expectation for the team based on his own inconsistent record.  That said, I get it, so we'll just have to see how this year goes.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 19, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »

LOL you guys are jerks. I get what your saying, but you act like even his **CENSORED** has to impress.
« : April 19, 2012, 02:57:51 PM Beatles123 »

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 19, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »

Less talkey more tackley

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 19, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »

im willing to bet he could have a probowl year and people would say he sucked even then.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy......."People running the ball on us — it's not going to happen" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools